Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dapliew

Our New Home

dunno if u dare to eat what he cooks ? :dunno::notti:

If he really cook, eat lo, if I hit the toilet hard, he will get if!! :lol:

lol nissin cup noodle lor ... thanks ongs...converted...got 1 DSD album to play liao

Nice!! enjoy! :notti:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

If your budget allows, go for 2 network points each at 1) TV console, 2) Studyroom 3) Hosting area 4) MBR if possible. Of cause the later, can be 1 point if you really see no need for it. Just a quote, to add 1 switch easier or a point earlier during renovation stage if the future additional is only 1 network point. You can always re-locate your NAS to Studyroom if needed with such plan in place at present.

For starhub setup box, don't bother to provide Internet access for it IMO.

Each network point needs 1 cable?

Further, what kind of broadband you will be using? It will also affects the route as well. Provide as much information of your intent as possible to discuss.

100/150mbps Fibre (starhub or myrepublic)

2nd that on Dragonnite's suggestion. The key to maintain your gadgets equal good ventilation in place. Do consider at ease for cleaning(easy for Missus to clean :notti:) to avoid naggy comments from her.

my wife is more messy than me. No need to worry... :no:

i probably prefer the NAS and router to be exposed on top of a cabinet to allow maximal cooling. Cooling is most important for electronics.

There are small wireless routers which can serve like a homeplug? The only area i think i need 2 points is ironically the MBR. One for the streaming. 1 in case the wireless signal is not full in the MBR haha.

Another area would be my tv console area.

Maybe will get a DAC ? to stream music to my old marantz amp with B&W bookshelves...

Edited by lala81

Each network point needs 1 cable?

100/150mbps Fibre (starhub or myrepublic)

my wife is more messy than me. No need to worry... :no:

i probably prefer the NAS and router to be exposed on top of a cabinet to allow maximal cooling. Cooling is most important for electronics.

There are small wireless routers which can serve like a homeplug? The only area i think i need 2 points is ironically the MBR. One for the streaming. 1 in case the wireless signal is not full in the MBR haha.

Another area would be my tv console area.

Maybe will get a DAC ? to stream music to my old marantz amp with B&W bookshelves...

Yes, each point requires 1 cable to route it.

You need to consider whether you are going to house the Fibre point at Hosting area. A point to note.

Good that you leave them exposure, but do consider the fact to clean them easily, move the NAS at ease. Can't be too high up as well. For maximum cooling, does not have to high up, you can install electronic fan, low voltage type.

To house the router on top, will increase the signal level of your router to the rest of your house.

If you are heading toward network wiring, why even consider home plug? Wiring your place up will be long term, home plug mainly for short term solution. Wear & tear, the need to replace when new models are out. 1 router will do, no need to buy another for your MBR. Your intended placement on your floodplan seems ok to me.

DAC is not a music streamer, you should look at digital music streamer/transport with build in DAC instead. DAC is digital to analog converter.

Thinking of getting this NR1603, then use my old pm7001 to drive my B&W.

no time to listen to music nowadays. More for a simple 5.1 system.

May consider just getting cone speakers on the false ceiling just for the rear 2 ...

http://www.marantz.com.sg/sg/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=NetworkProducts&SubCatId=AVReceiver&ProductId=NR1603#.UbmG2ufviSo

my cdp just konked out recently...

Thinking of getting this NR1603, then use my old pm7001 to drive my B&W.

no time to listen to music nowadays. More for a simple 5.1 system.

May consider just getting cone speakers on the false ceiling just for the rear 2 ...

http://www.marantz.com.sg/sg/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=NetworkProducts&SubCatId=AVReceiver&ProductId=NR1603#.UbmG2ufviSo

my cdp just konked out recently...

You can consider this streamer.

http://www.pioneer.com.sg/storefront4/ProductDetail/default.asp?ProductId=1304&CatId=64,9,228

thanks for your suggestion!

but won't that duplicate what the AVR does?

Sorry my understanding of hifi is pretty elementary.

Nope, it will not, does not overlap any at all.

If you are looking at 5.1 setup, you can consider AVR or if budget allows, go for pre & power amp 5.1 setup.

If you wish to utilise your stereo amp for music playback, do check if it allows HT bypass or it does have pre-out.

If looking at AVR, do consider 1 with pre-out, which make sense for your case since you are holding onto stereo amp at the moment.

It should be music streamer->stereo amp->speakers(2.0)

At HT, Bluray player->AVR->stereo amp->speaker(2.0) & AVR->3.1(your center & rear speakers & subwoofer).

It should be music streamer->stereo amp->speakers(2.0)

At HT, Bluray player->AVR->stereo amp->speaker(2.0) & AVR->3.1(your center & rear speakers & subwoofer).

roger. the marantz 1603 i think is also a simple network streamer inside...

Nope, it will not, does not overlap any at all.

If you are looking at 5.1 setup, you can consider AVR or if budget allows, go for pre & power amp 5.1 setup.

If you wish to utilise your stereo amp for music playback, do check if it allows HT bypass or it does have pre-out.

If looking at AVR, do consider 1 with pre-out, which make sense for your case since you are holding onto stereo amp at the moment.

my friend is using the same AVR so yup can.

Yes my stereo amp think has a pre-out.

roger. the marantz 1603 i think is also a simple network streamer inside...

If on budget, you can use your AVR as music streamer, again, it depends on what kind of format you are streaming.

my friend is using the same AVR so yup can.

Yes my stereo amp think has a pre-out.

He is using the same AVR? I dont really get you.

my reply: my friend is using the same AVR so yup can.

Sorry for the confusion. Just saying that my friend already has the marantz 1403. So yes it can pre-out.

If on budget, you can use your AVR as music streamer, again, it depends on what kind of format you are streaming.

Thanks for your help thus far! :sport-smiley-018:

I will probably just use the AVR. Cos not so into music anymore due to time constraints.

I'm not even that concerned about the 5.1 but it's just to play around so that my girl in future can watch her animated movies in 5.1 :lol: Hence maybe considering ceiling rears.