Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Elise23

Yishun St 21 Renovation / Transformation Journey

I've just collected my keys on 8 May 2012. My renovation will officially starts on 14 May (currently application for reno permit). I decided to start a blog here on my reno progress after reading so many useful sharing here by other house owners. This is a 27-yr old flat and i'll be doing a major overhaul to the unit as the condition is very lousy.

My floorplan.

floorplanrz.jpg

I've an odd-shaped living / dining rooms - :bangwall:

Living / Dining room - View from main door entrance:

p1150695.jpg

My electrician uncle is really efficient! He already went up to remove the lightings / fixtures and cut away the wirings of the whole house on 9 May 12 (1 day after my keys collection) so that my reno (hacking of tiles etc) can proceed smoothly on 14 May.

Living Room (view from dining area):

p1150697l.jpg

Dining area / Kitchen Entrance:

p1150696.jpg

I'm gg to change the current kitchen opening to the other side adjacent to the storeroom door. Hence, this entrance will be blocked up.

Edited by Elise23

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I've just collected my keys on 8 May 2012. My renovation will officially starts on 14 May (currently application for reno permit). I decided to start a blog here on my reno progress after reading so many useful sharing here by other house owners. This is a 27-yr old flat and i'll be doing a major overhaul to the unit as the condition is very lousy.

My floorplan.

floorplanrz.jpg

I've an odd-shaped living / dining rooms - :bangwall:

Welcome Elise23 :D

Hi Brandonlky,

Thanks for the warm welcome! I wanted to share more pics of my existing house before reno but i do not know how to use this forum function and i can only upload 1 pic only. :sad

Hi Brandonlky,

Thanks for the warm welcome! I wanted to share more pics of my existing house before reno but i do not know how to use this forum function and i can only upload 1 pic only. :sad

There is a guide on how to post your photos.

Should be quite easy. Try try test test, should be able to figure it out. :D

Master bedroom Toilet:

p1150703x.jpg

I'm gonna change the toilet entrance to another side (at the cistern area) so that i can install a shower screen.

Common Toilet:

p1150705.jpg

p1150704.jpg

This toilet entrance will also be changed to another side (at the cistern area) so that i can install a shower screen.

That's all for tdy! Will share more posts/pics here when my renovation (hacking of tiles & walls) starts on 14 May. :)

Edited by Elise23

Hello Elise. Finally get to see your blog. Your house layout though odd, but it is unique. A lot of imagination and creative ideas can create for this house. I would want to hack away bedroom 3 to make the living room and dining area bigger. I will also not make new entrance for the kitchen. I will hack away the kitchen wall and leave it open.

Edited by ayazumi

Hello Elise. Finally get to see your blog. Your house layout though odd, but it is unique. A lot of imagination and creative ideas can create for this house. I would want to hack away bedroom 3 to make the living room and dining area bigger. I will also not make new entrance for the kitchen. I will hack away the kitchen wall and leave it open.

Hi Aya,

Thanks! Think i should consider your idea of an open kitchen! Can save me alot of $. cos the 10mm think tamperd glass sliding door is already $680 and also hacking and filling up the hollow section costs $$ too... :unsure:

Hi Aya,

Thanks! Think i should consider your idea of an open kitchen! Can save me alot of $. cos the 10mm think tamperd glass sliding door is already $680 and also hacking and filling up the hollow section costs $$ too... :unsure:

Ya. I feel that doing a glass door is redundant unless u are installing aircon in the living room, but looking at the odd layout, it is quite impossible to cool down the living room with an aircon unit bcoz bedroom 3 is blocking. So best is leave the kitchen open, save the money to build hollow brick and glass door

Hi Elise, congrat to your new blog and new house, very challenging layout and I am looking forward to your reno progress, must upload more photos! By the way which ID you appointed?

This weekend's damages:

1) Philips 42PFL4007 Full HD LED TV (42" Smart TV) - $1,099

2) LG Washer Dryer Combo - Model: WD1485ADP - $1099

lgwd1485adp.jpg

3) Carsil Vivaldi Deluxe (2 Bowl) Sink - Metallic Black Color - $300

vivalditwobowlwithoutdr.jpg

img6237lo.jpg

img6222b.jpg

Edited by Elise23

4) Ellane Hob and Hood package - Hob: EGH-208SV Hood: EH-2988 - $680

subproductimageglassb3.jpg

subproductimageconventb.jpg

5) Joven 35L Horizontal Storage Water Heater - $280

6) 02 X Amasco 56" Nano Refresh Ceiling Fan - $270 each

7) Some toilet accessories (not complete yet - alot of stuff like towel holder, toilet roll holder etc still haven't selected) - $200

img6236x.jpg

Btw, i ordered my Mitsubishi Inverter System-3 aircon quite some time ago. Damages: $2919

It's really so expensive to own a house. Almost all my weekends are gone for shopping for items for the new house. zZzzz....