Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Opto

Ever Get 2Nd Opinion For Fs?

Hi, just wondering if you guys ever get 2nd opinion after fs audit. I had mine done recently before Reno (in fact before otp). Fsm say house not a "Wang" flat but we love it so much that we sign anyway. Then the recommendations given meant a lot of constrains and basically not what we had in mind interns of space planning. Have any bros and sis out there experience this before? Do you get a different fsm to check out just to get a 2nd opinion much like if we were told something bad during medical review? Problem is fs audit is not cheap. Any opinion appreciated.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi, just wondering if you guys ever get 2nd opinion after fs audit. I had mine done recently before Reno (in fact before otp). Fsm say house not a "Wang" flat but we love it so much that we sign anyway. Then the recommendations given meant a lot of constrains and basically not what we had in mind interns of space planning. Have any bros and sis out there experience this before? Do you get a different fsm to check out just to get a 2nd opinion much like if we were told something bad during medical review? Problem is fs audit is not cheap. Any opinion appreciated.

I think no harm getting a 2nd opinion...u can get it done less than S$200 for unit auspicious direction checking.

Usually I think should start finding the unit with auspicious direction that suits u as mentioned, with the unit selection, than renvoation wise can start at a later date after the floorplan FSM audit, reason being renovation can help to change internal of the unit(but to certain extent only, if yr toilet at centre of house, than cannot change la :))and the the direction of the unit cannot be changed when u decide to buy the place.

having said that, if u feel u like the house when u step in, most probably the house may suit u best. For me, my FS advises me to select unit with certain direction, but when we saw a unit we like and feel good in it without being the best direction as FS advises, we still go ahead and buy it anyway LOL :))

FS has no stand in the court of law.

But FS has given the human the impression that it can improve lives (everyone wants to be better off than the other person).

Since you like the place, go ahead and no need to have 2nd opinion. In another words, don't let a FS influence you. But if FS influence you, it is not your fault as human tends to worry on the negatives.

Have you ever wonder when you were young and innocent (school days), how come FS thoughts and opinions never come / or make impressions into your life ? It starts to appear when we become adults and start working.

If you apply the same motivations in your younger days (eg like study hard, responsibilites etc) into working adult life, that there is higher chances of success in your life.

For myself, i stop FS as much as possible as i believe it is all about one's hard work.

But i do not deny others from accepting FS as there isn't right or wrong answers.

FS has no stand in the court of law.

But FS has given the human the impression that it can improve lives (everyone wants to be better off than the other person).

Since you like the place, go ahead and no need to have 2nd opinion. In another words, don't let a FS influence you. But if FS influence you, it is not your fault as human tends to worry on the negatives.

Have you ever wonder when you were young and innocent (school days), how come FS thoughts and opinions never come / or make impressions into your life ? It starts to appear when we become adults and start working.

If you apply the same motivations in your younger days (eg like study hard, responsibilites etc) into working adult life, that there is higher chances of success in your life.

For myself, i stop FS as much as possible as i believe it is all about one's hard work.

But i do not deny others from accepting FS as there isn't right or wrong answers.

World class master piece from the heart and mind. Psychological burdens vs motivations? He who knows nothing therefore "doubt" nothing, ie gong gong "eat", gong gong "grow". The more one knows, the more "worries".

When I was a boy carrying a piggy bank in my arm, walked from home, on the street, to the bank, happy happy no worry. Smile on face all the way. "Potential" robbers saw me happy happy all "siam" one side.

Grown up, earned some $, put inside pocket, walked towards bank for bank in, head turned here and there, looked out for "potential" robbers, heart jumped, nerve tensed up, face looked serious, all eyes looked on me (all look like robber)....eyeing my $$$???

Some ppl, without cool minds and backside itchy, look for fsm for "comments" - "problems" come - to believe or not to believe? Very headache right? Pay $ to look for "troubles" isn't it called "backside itchy"? Same applies for "fortune telling". Good smile smile, no good seek 2nd opinion? until the 2nd opinion is "good"?

Give me $, I immediately tell you "good", and "very good".

World class master piece from the heart and mind. Psychological burdens vs motivations? He who knows nothing therefore "doubt" nothing, ie gong gong "eat", gong gong "grow". The more one knows, the more "worries".

When I was a boy carrying a piggy bank in my arm, walked from home, on the street, to the bank, happy happy no worry. Smile on face all the way. "Potential" robbers saw me happy happy all "siam" one side.

Grown up, earned some $, put inside pocket, walked towards bank for bank in, head turned here and there, looked out for "potential" robbers, heart jumped, nerve tensed up, face looked serious, all eyes looked on me (all look like robber)....eyeing my $$$???

Some ppl, without cool minds and backside itchy, look for fsm for "comments" - "problems" come - to believe or not to believe? Very headache right? Pay $ to look for "troubles" isn't it called "backside itchy"? Same applies for "fortune telling". Good smile smile, no good seek 2nd opinion? until the 2nd opinion is "good"?

Give me $, I immediately tell you "good", and "very good".

Hi,

totally agree with the point about more "knows" leading to more worries. To put things straight, I was not looking to hear house good or very good although that would have been a bonus. I was never a believer of FS to begin with (but my mum is quite superstitious) but after reading through threads here while still hunting for home, I thought no harm to try if it can help (and it does seem like it has helped quite a bit of forumers here). I lead a pretty good life. Decent paying job, good and harmonious family (even with my wife and mum staying together :)). I was not looking to get a FS to make me better than the next person as I always believe that there will always be ppl better off than you but lots who are worse off too so no point comparing. Perhaps its true I "itchy backside", paid money to get trouble. Did not know what I'll be getting into. Initially was just thinking perhaps FS audit to find out placement of objects, layout of house etc.. just to avoid certain mistakes and to make things around life even smoother if possible. But know, after the audit, turns out that I can't use the master bedroom, cannot use one of the toilets (we have 4 in the new place which is the reason for getting it to prevent morning crunch for toilets). Reasons are more of health concerns rather than wealth. So now I'm stuck. Having this "knowledge", if I were not to follow and **** happens, my mum will blame me. Following means constrains.

I also do not know what to expect when I post this thread. Perhaps just trying to seek inputs from ppl who have been in similar situations. Its kinda like when a doc reviews your charts and tell you that you have to undergo some operation, do you believe him and do that operation or do you seek second opinion. 2 equally well trained engineers looking at the same set of data might come up with totally different conclusions. But if both opinions are the same, then chances are that recommendation is the right one.

Thing with FS is that there are different schools so focus might be different too (or perhaps correct me if I'm wrong in this).

Again any inputs/advise greatly appreciated.

According to my regular geomencer, there is no such thing as a perfect house unless we purchase our own plot of land & build up our own house. We would then have control over architecture & facing of the house, main door, back door, etc.

As such, a professional geomencer would attempt to adjust the fengshui for the house to his/her best ability. Unless, the fengshui of the house is an inherent problem that there is totally no recourse, then u should consider giving up on it.

Moreover, we should not be depending solely on fengshui as our means for bread & butter in lives. Most of us would still need to work to earn a living.

A house is a place where u would call home & be spending a lot of time in it when u retire daily from work. It's very important that you are able to establish a connection with it as home-owners. So if the affinity U owners have with the flat is as such, then u are destined to be its home owners. In short, I would call it "fate".

Edited by edenstrauss

According to my regular geomencer, there is no such thing as a perfect house unless we purchase our own plot of land & build up our own house. We would then have control over architecture & facing of the house, main door, back door, etc.

As such, a professional geomencer would attempt to adjust the fengshui for the house to his/her best ability. Unless, the fengshui of the house is an inherent problem that there is totally no recourse, then u should consider giving up on it.

Moreover, we should not be depending solely on fengshui as our means for bread & butter in lives. Most of us would still need to work to earn a living.

A house is a place where u would call home & be spending a lot of time in it when u retire daily from work. It's very important that you are able to establish a connection with it as home-owners. So if the affinity U owners have with the flat is as such, then u are destined to be its home owners. In short, I would call it "fate".

u are rite, I have not heard of anyone who has good fengshui house, and everyday just stay at home no need to work and expect money to fall from the sky...

Hi,

totally agree with the point about more "knows" leading to more worries. To put things straight, I was not looking to hear house good or very good although that would have been a bonus. I was never a believer of FS to begin with (but my mum is quite superstitious) but after reading through threads here while still hunting for home, I thought no harm to try if it can help (and it does seem like it has helped quite a bit of forumers here). I lead a pretty good life. Decent paying job, good and harmonious family (even with my wife and mum staying together :)). I was not looking to get a FS to make me better than the next person as I always believe that there will always be ppl better off than you but lots who are worse off too so no point comparing. Perhaps its true I "itchy backside", paid money to get trouble. Did not know what I'll be getting into. Initially was just thinking perhaps FS audit to find out placement of objects, layout of house etc.. just to avoid certain mistakes and to make things around life even smoother if possible. But know, after the audit, turns out that I can't use the master bedroom, cannot use one of the toilets (we have 4 in the new place which is the reason for getting it to prevent morning crunch for toilets). Reasons are more of health concerns rather than wealth. So now I'm stuck. Having this "knowledge", if I were not to follow and **** happens, my mum will blame me. Following means constrains.

I also do not know what to expect when I post this thread. Perhaps just trying to seek inputs from ppl who have been in similar situations. Its kinda like when a doc reviews your charts and tell you that you have to undergo some operation, do you believe him and do that operation or do you seek second opinion. 2 equally well trained engineers looking at the same set of data might come up with totally different conclusions. But if both opinions are the same, then chances are that recommendation is the right one.

Thing with FS is that there are different schools so focus might be different too (or perhaps correct me if I'm wrong in this).

Again any inputs/advise greatly appreciated.

Before you start copy cat me....let you know last time I engaged up to 6 fsms, mostly said different things, only a few similar 'items' .....u sway lah...u bad luck lah....u fated like thatzzzz....put this Qi Lin, put that crystal, wear this pendant. Ya...one hand good to get second opinion....bad is what if they say different things....then this "backside itchy" willl cost you more money.

Went to see this "sigh" GP at a clinic for a cough....cough became worse. Went to another...after 2 teaspoon....my dog 300m also can hear mezzz. On another occasion, got headache, saw one doc told me common flu, eat medicine cannot sure. Second Doc said I was prescibe with wrong medcine...gave another...cannot cure, third one this time said my hormones caused it, prescription cannot cure, fourth one said my gastric affected...buzzzz.

So you can be in either one of the above situation. Just be frank, nowadays I see doc, eat food etc all by seeing "queue" and good feedbackzzzz. Want good doc, pm me for recommend....surely cure but long queue leh...prepare to wait two hourzzz

When ppls ask for "2nd opinion", usually, they have aldy >80% decided on the subject matter. The 20% left is what the psychiatrists called "cognitive ressonance". When one bought a car or house, he/she would be very keen to take actions, consciously or subconsciously in finding out and comparing the prices of the similar, to judge if he/she made the right purchases. If he/she found his/her purchases are "cheaper" - feel happy, otherwise would be "upset" for a period of time. This "invisible" process is called "seeking for 2nd opinion". All human is like that.

The seeking of the 20% (2nd opinion) would either land one in happy or sad mood. Why send time, $, resources on doing "backside itchy thing"? Stomach too full, looking for "troubles" to trouble?

In my frank opinion, whether HDB, pte condo or landed, owners already decided the 80% of the fs of the residence, left only the 20% for fsms to "pin point", think again, you will agree what I said.

When ppls ask for "2nd opinion", usually, they have aldy >80% decided on the subject matter. The 20% left is what the psychiatrists called "cognitive ressonance". When one bought a car or house, he/she would be very keen to take actions, consciously or subconsciously in finding out and comparing the prices of the similar, to judge if he/she made the right purchases. If he/she found his/her purchases are "cheaper" - feel happy, otherwise would be "upset" for a period of time. This "invisible" process is called "seeking for 2nd opinion". All human is like that.

The seeking of the 20% (2nd opinion) would either land one in happy or sad mood. Why send time, $, resources on doing "backside itchy thing"? Stomach too full, looking for "troubles" to trouble?

In my frank opinion, whether HDB, pte condo or landed, owners already decided the 80% of the fs of the residence, left only the 20% for fsms to "pin point", think again, you will agree what I said.

Hmm... I feel perhaps there are some misunderstanding to my question (or I misread the replies). What is said is true if I've yet to confirm on purchase. I mentioned that I went ahead with the otp signing as both of us loved the unit. Now is just should I follow the fs remedies which put restrictions on our plans for the unit, or should I seek 2nd opinion to see if the prescribed remedies matches. Of course there is the question that if both differs, which do I take or do I go for the 3rd opinion. This is the part that I'm troubled with n seeking advice/inputs.

Hmm... I feel perhaps there are some misunderstanding to my question (or I misread the replies). What is said is true if I've yet to confirm on purchase. I mentioned that I went ahead with the otp signing as both of us loved the unit. Now is just should I follow the fs remedies which put restrictions on our plans for the unit, or should I seek 2nd opinion to see if the prescribed remedies matches. Of course there is the question that if both differs, which do I take or do I go for the 3rd opinion. This is the part that I'm troubled with n seeking advice/inputs.

Put it simple (doesn't mean "easy" hor):

1. Since fsm has given you so much psychological burdens, forego the deposit, therefore no "2nd opinion" is needed. Proceed house hunting.

2. Buy the house, "remember" what the 1st fam said, then seek for 2nd fsm, 3rd fsm... until your psychological needs get fulfilled (like sort of feeling, wow, finally got ppls buy "more expensive" than you, you feel happy, or not so "unfortunate").

3. Completely forget what 1st fsm said, buy & stay.

SO, now become 1,2,3 mcq. I take 3.

Too many cooks spoil the broth. I think there's some truth in this proverb.

Too many opinions cloud your rational judgement.

Since you've used the FSM's services, have some faith.

Or if you find that you're not comfortable implementing his remedies, delete him off the equation and try not to compare the 2nd FSM's recommendations to his.

Life's complicated enough. Don't make it worse. ;)

Edited by bk888

Too many cooks spoil the broth. I think there's some truth in this proverb.

Too many opinions cloud your rational judgement.

Since you've used the FSM's services, have some faith.

Or if you find that you're not comfortable implementing his remedies, delete him off the equation and try not to compare the 2nd FSM's recommendations to his.

Life's complicated enough. Don't make it worse. ;)

Chay ba...nothing rings better than these words

Put it simple (doesn't mean "easy" hor):

1. Since fsm has given you so much psychological burdens, forego the deposit, therefore no "2nd opinion" is needed. Proceed house hunting.

2. Buy the house, "remember" what the 1st fam said, then seek for 2nd fsm, 3rd fsm... until your psychological needs get fulfilled (like sort of feeling, wow, finally got ppls buy "more expensive" than you, you feel happy, or not so "unfortunate").

3. Completely forget what 1st fsm said, buy & stay.

SO, now become 1,2,3 mcq. I take 3.

Bro, people want to believe feng shui or respect family opinion mah, you only believe in psychological, logic....applicable or not??

Hi, I've been thinking about this also. What if even the 3rd or even the 4th fsm advise all different. Then what next?