Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

So interesting I just can't resist to drop a note too. :sport-smiley-004:

My kids room unfortunately caught a fire couple of years ago. It was started by a standing fan which had a short circuit.Thank god the fire was under control and had only damaged some parquet, room sliding door and ceiling was blacken, the home insurance paid for the repairs and restoration $5000.

My mum's hdb 4room kitchen caught fire after their fridge had a shortcircuit once. The kitchen was a total damage case and they had no insurance at all since the flat had been fully paid up. The repairs cost about $20,000.

lesson to be learn, buy a home insurance. Even the minimum coverage is good for piece of mind. :yamseng:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Suyun,

Was the fan running when it caught fire? Or did it catch fire cos the main switch was on but fan not running?

The fan caught fire when the switch was on but the blade stopped turning. And the kids did not notice it and left it at that.

I guess the fan was those cheaper fans from China?

I had similar encounter with those fans. Suddenly stop with burnt smell. After opening up, I found the plastic inside "melted".

After that don't dare to buy cheapo fans liao

I guess the fan was those cheaper fans from China?

I had similar encounter with those fans. Suddenly stop with burnt smell. After opening up, I found the plastic inside "melted".

After that don't dare to buy cheapo fans liao

Nope. wrong guess it was a Japanese Brand : Pxxxxxxxx, living fan model. i made a complaint to them and they did not even call me to follow up on reason for the malfunction.

i was very disappointed with their company but have since moved on.... still using their fan ;)

Since on the topic of fan, just show the fans that I have installed, bearing in mind that the blade of the fans do not extend below the ceiling lightings, otherwise, you will experience flickering shadows when the fan operates.

0A2CF780-B3EC-49F1-A9AB-4D4E7990B438-6737-00000702E4FF71C0.jpg

Nice carpentry designs :sport-smiley-004: simply love your waldrobe. And the shoe cabinat had dual function, can sit there and wear shoes too,

Hi Jumbopanther,

Do you have a full picture of the windows and doors you are using?

I'm interested in Fascina white upvc windows and french doors but the price is rather steep.

Yours, from the 1st photo of the shoe cabinet, look similar to the one I'm considering.

Where are they from?

Hi sunbird, mine is using aluminum windows, not UPVC type. Understand that the upvc type cost more and yet not very much better than aluminum.

My carpentry all custom made local and malaysia

Edited by jumbopanther

Nice carpentry designs :sport-smiley-004: simply love your waldrobe. And the shoe cabinat had dual function, can sit there and wear shoes too,

Thanks, that was my design intent, sit and wear shoe, keep shoes below, functional purpose. More importantly, when holding outdoor parties, these serve as extra seatings.