Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

ehspro,

By default from developer, Level 1's heater is located in the kitchen (for my layout), but switch is at the Level 1 Powder Room. Level 2 toilet has its own heater, level 3 has 2 heaters.

Mine is the "Tropical" layout...wah lao...like that must check liao...I very kiasu one.

Would looking at existing "Heater" switches location be a good start? Alternatively must do trait and error liao... :good:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Jumbopanther, what is the difference between vertical and horizontal jovan tank? :dunno: pls enlighten me.thanms

Ok, do some free advertisement for Joven:

Their tanks come mainly in 2 mounting type horizontal and vertical. Both can be used depending on the toilet size and ceiling height available. If want to install the heater within the false ceiling, recommend to use the horizontal type so can maintain higher toilet height as the diameter for horizontal tank is smaller than its length. Furthermore, understand their horizontal tanks have more different capacities than vertical ones.

Horizontal

46CE7D59-05E6-47C2-9E2A-0755BD9EE771-2229-0000020586761F79.jpg

Vertical

12D9B50C-1D66-4013-ABBD-2F2C2837F739-2229-00000205B380C28D.jpg

Now I understand. I think my contractor bought the vertical type for me. Delivered already.

Thank you :yamseng:

Now I understand. I think my contractor bought the vertical type for me. Delivered already.

Thank you :yamseng:

If you wish to install above false ceiling to hide from view, and if not yet installed, should be able to get them to change to horizontal type

Mine is the "Tropical" layout...wah lao...like that must check liao...I very kiasu one.

Would looking at existing "Heater" switches location be a good start? Alternatively must do trait and error liao... :good:

U go to your kitchen, open up the false ceiling access panel, you should see the Heater.

Or go to your storeroom at the backyard, open up the Electrical box, there could be a drawing inside there.

For those using Joven water storage heater, pls note the heater comes in 2 types of heating element: either the 3kw type or the 1.5 kw type.

I would suggest go for 3 kw type as it heats up the water much faster ( approx half the time taken for the 1.5 kw heater)

Over the last 10yrs, I used Joven in 3 homes n ariston in 2 homes, I personslly prefer ariston. Seems to heat up faster. I don't switch off my heater these days, electrical bill no diff.

Wow !!!i have used Rheem for the last two houses that I lived in and they all break down in about 7 years. Leaking tanks :bangwall:

I still continued to change to Rheem as it was easier. Now I can do new water heater I am going for joven :sport-smiley-004:

On the topic of false ceiling and box up, it will be important to determine where is the location of the fans; where or not to mount the curtain tracks or roller; and where to install sliding doors etc.

All the above works are done by different contractors, so important to coordinate so that the false ceiling contractor will be able to pre- install additional 'wood support' inside these false ceiling or box up to 'hold' the fans, curtain tracks or sliding door tracks.False ceiling itself will not be able to hold these items. Cracks will appear.

Eg of wood support for fan

97C0B8AB-5066-4FFC-BABF-0D96E1BE5EA9-5737-00000597CE2B4CDB.jpg

022868A2-1CDB-440F-B703-1AAD1BA4EABC-5737-00000597E21FBB9E.jpg

Eg of wood support for for future curtain track (within and below the box up for aircon) installation

91830DA6-A099-483F-9B17-8E678677E9C9-5737-00000597F93BB1BB.jpg

Edited by jumbopanther

Hi ehspro, the Joven heater you bought is good brand. I suppose you bought the horizontal mounting type right?

YES SIR!! 25L and 35L ones... :sport-smiley-004:

Wow !!!i have used Rheem for the last two houses that I lived in and they all break down in about 7 years. Leaking tanks :bangwall:

I still continued to change to Rheem as it was easier. Now I can do new water heater I am going for joven :sport-smiley-004:

Think your Joven kangtao cheaper than Joe's...paid $260 for 35L one. :P

On the topic of false ceiling and box up, it will be important to determine where is the location of the fans; where or not to mount the curtain tracks or roller; and where to install sliding doors etc.

All the above works are done by different contractors, so important to coordinate so that the false ceiling contractor will be able to pre- install additional 'wood support' inside these false ceiling or box up to 'hold' the fans, curtain tracks or sliding door tracks.False ceiling itself will not be able to hold these items. Cracks will appear.

Eg of wood support for fan

97C0B8AB-5066-4FFC-BABF-0D96E1BE5EA9-5737-00000597CE2B4CDB.jpg

022868A2-1CDB-440F-B703-1AAD1BA4EABC-5737-00000597E21FBB9E.jpg

Eg of wood support for for future curtain track (within and below the box up for aircon) installation

91830DA6-A099-483F-9B17-8E678677E9C9-5737-00000597F93BB1BB.jpg

Yes, Laska quite proactive, told me about the wooden support needed for extra fan at Level 3 within false ceiling....swee.. :bow: