Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thinking of front and back porch.... :dribble:

ok, if you plan to hold frequent parties or barbecue, some also install a basin or sink outdoor at the corner of the front carporch so that guests need not have to go to the toilet just to wash their hands, after eating outdoor.

ok, if you plan to hold frequent parties or barbecue, some also install a basin or sink outdoor at the corner of the front carporch so that guests need not have to go to the toilet just to wash their hands, after eating outdoor.

noted and going to shop for a small outdoor basin now. You can faster share more tips as my Reno going to end soon. If I keep changing and adding new stuff, my contractor will be very busy. :drunk::yamseng:

noted and going to shop for a small outdoor basin now. You can faster share more tips as my Reno going to end soon. If I keep changing and adding new stuff, my contractor will be very busy. :drunk::yamseng:

Haha, funny

Thinking of front and back porch.... :dribble:

Hi ehspro pls note, for the double tap, don't install too low, otherwise you will have problem placing a pail to collect water. I install mine abt 600~700 for front porch. Backyard slight higher only. Not too high, Too high also ugly.

Edited by jumbopanther

Ur reno journey has indeed given me vast knowledge in this unknown realm to me known as renovation. Though i only bought 4rm flat, but some things u shared applied too. Useful indeed... :)



Ur reno journey has indeed given me vast knowledge in this unknown realm to me known as renovation. Though i only bought 4rm flat, but some things u shared applied too. Useful indeed... :)



Great. Hope you benefit and renovate yr Hse value for $!

Many feature wall tiles are really nice, however not all are suitable to use anywhere, certain tiles are suitable for indoor and dry area only.

Those rough and uneven wall tiles are 'eye- catchy' at first, but very high maintenance especially if they are installed outdoor. Today drove past some place and saw this: notice the blackish and badly stained area, become an eyesore

CC323480-53A1-4652-A091-7D25F98D1197-7460-000007C0D3918372.jpg

Zoomed in

1A287BD1-BF26-4A50-BB4E-22B96E081887-7460-000007C0F2E0989D.jpg

So if you have a chance to review yr tiling, you may want to think twice of using this type of tiles outdoor or any wet area, unless prepare for high maintenance

On the topic of windows: mainly two types of window, casement (swing open)and sliding.

So which is better? To each individual preference, some considerations:

In terms of airflow: Generally, if you want maximum opening and to allow wind to flow in, choose casement type, for sliding, the last panel will still remain in place and therefore, maximum opening is still smaller than casement type.

Aesthetically: the casement type generally appear to be neater ( when looking from the external) as all the window panes are installed on a single plane ( meaning single track), whereas for sliding, depending on window opening size, some could be 3 to 4 panels, installed on a wider track; when closed, you can see the windows not in one single plane alignment but staggered inwards.

In terms of ease of opening and closing, sliding is better, because for casement swing open type, one needs to extend the arm and push out wide or pull back, if there are furnitures placed in front of the window, this will make opening and closing of the window more difficult.

This issue is made worse if one is short and has big swing windows, and with the lever usually mounted in the centre (who says lever Must be at center??)which is too high relatively. Make opening & closing more difficult.

For my case, had pre-arranged with window contractor to install the window without the levers first, then got my spouse to physically to test open and close the window and mark out the exact height which she is comfortable with (approx 1/3 position), only then the contractor fixed the levers.

This showing myself opening:

6FC45415-3A4F-439E-8984-EFB47351A7C0-310-00000046214F87F2.jpg

Edited by jumbopanther

, your tips about windows came a little late for me. :bangwall: my sliding windows came the other day and I realise that the window handles are so high up as they're located at the mid point of of my windows.

I was very disappointed and a little worried as we are all short and have to really Reach up to unlock the windows. :dunno:

Maybe I need place a stool next to the window.