Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Minerat

Journey Of My Minaret Walk

Hi Minerat

Although I have just signed up for this forum, I have been following your posts as well as other folks' landed posts very closely, even when I was overseas!! Thanks for the insights and tips...it is indeed a learning experience!! :good:

I will be receiving the keys to my new inter terrace mid Sep 2012....so it is time to start working on it after exercising the OTP in Apr (very long hor!) :sport-smiley-004:

Can you PM me your ID quote for a start??!! Thanks!!! :yamseng:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Minerat

Although I have just signed up for this forum, I have been following your posts as well as other folks' landed posts very closely, even when I was overseas!! Thanks for the insights and tips...it is indeed a learning experience!! :good:

I will be receiving the keys to my new inter terrace mid Sep 2012....so it is time to start working on it after exercising the OTP in Apr (very long hor!) :sport-smiley-004:

Can you PM me your ID quote for a start??!! Thanks!!! :yamseng:

PM me your email address, I will email you.

PM me your email address, I will email you.

Sent!! Thank you in advance!! I understand renovations and ID work can be addictive!!! :dribble:

The key problem is $$ not enuff :bangwall:

Me too Minerat, PM me the quote a quote for a start. Thanks n :D . I will send you my email. THANKS

Day 20 (27 Aug 2012)

Was given the VO by my ID today. I am generally ok with the VO other than the price of the false ceiling, which we felt was very high. We dun mind paying if the price is reasonable but dun wish to be taken for a ride. A few reasons

1. As you can see, total price for false ceiling, including dismantling is $6,500.

2. My own estimate is that it spans probably 800 to 1000sft for those items he charged us.

3. For other works, we'd usually get a quotation first before we proceed. But for the false ceiling, we were not given any quotation before they started doing.

4. There were a few blunders along the way which meant considerable rework. They've also torn down a false ceiling wrongly and my ID said he will make good the replacement at no cost to me.

Under such circumstances I am skeptical if they did not try to mark up the blunders into my quotation.

Can some kind souls help me review the quotation and see if it's reasonable? Thanks.

img20120827wa00051.jpg

Day 20 (27 Aug 2012)

Was given the VO by my ID today. I am generally ok with the VO other than the price of the false ceiling, which we felt was very high. We dun mind paying if the price is reasonable but dun wish to be taken for a ride. A few reasons

1. As you can see, total price for false ceiling, including dismantling is $6,500.

2. My own estimate is that it spans probably 800 to 1000sft for those items he charged us.

3. For other works, we'd usually get a quotation first before we proceed. But for the false ceiling, we were not given any quotation before they started doing.

4. There were a few blunders along the way which meant considerable rework. They've also torn down a false ceiling wrongly and my ID said he will make good the replacement at no cost to me.

Under such circumstances I am skeptical if they did not try to mark up the blunders into my quotation.

Can some kind souls help me review the quotation and see if it's reasonable? Thanks.

img20120827wa00051.jpg

Sorry for asking this...VO stands for? :unsure:

I did not use ID but only contractor... what was quoted to me recently was SGd 6200 without detail breakdown like yours...

basically is to make good the ceiling for lst and 2nd floor. my built up is 2600 square feet.

- made good all the lobang that the electrican and air cond guy "created"

- bulit cove light for 2 bedroom and living and L box for dinning.

if your include all other area. i suppose the quote is comparable...

Today they've started working on the yard area. We were also at our ID's place to choose the carpentry laminates . They will also start painting on Wednesday. Things are progressing along real smoothly, credit to my ID team. They said all should be done in another 2 weeks!

Workers fixing up false ceiling at yard area.

pic000030.jpg

Base for dry kitchen cabinets and island top

pic000027.jpg

pic000028.jpg

Working on the wet kitchen sink stove structure

pic000029.jpg

Hi bro,

How high was your base and width (measured from the wall?)

Notice you had a single big sink. My wife also wanted this, may i know how much you bought it and from where?

Hi bro,

How high was your base and width (measured from the wall?)

Notice you had a single big sink. My wife also wanted this, may i know how much you bought it and from where?

Not sure about the measurement, will check later. The big sink was salvaged from the previous owner's dry kitchen.

But for bathroom and kitchen stuff, I highly recommend heritage bathroom at geylang. Their prices are one of the cheapest I can find. The lady who served us, Sharrine, is also very friendly and helpful.

Not sure about the measurement, will check later. The big sink was salvaged from the previous owner's dry kitchen.

But for bathroom and kitchen stuff, I highly recommend heritage bathroom at geylang. Their prices are one of the cheapest I can find. The lady who served us, Sharrine, is also very friendly and helpful.

Thanks