Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Minerat

Journey Of My Minaret Walk

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Day 16 (22 Aug 2012)

The tiler 头手 dropped by yesterday. After his inspection, they had to hack away the whole toilet floor for the MBR toilet. Reason being the water levelling was not correct. Though a bit sim tia because the tiles were all nicely laid and grouting done already, but I am also happy that these people take so much pride in their work. I will not be able to tell the difference if they don't say anything.

pic000391.jpg

The tiler preparing the living room for tiling works to be carried out later today. Looking at them go about doing this, I realized how tough it was for these people to earn their money. I'd never thought there's so much prep work to be done before you even lay one single tile.

pic000393.jpg

Edited by Minerat

The roofing guys began the last part of their work today, ie replacing my kitchen roof. After some inspection, we have decided to change the insulation materials as well. That's another $1k out the window :bangwall:

I see the workers carefully taking measures, cutting and laying the insulation materials before finally closing off with the new grey roof we chose. Hopefully with this done, all our roofing and water leaking issues will be a thing of the past :)

pic000392.jpg

pic000394.jpg

pic000395.jpg

Edited by Minerat

I've always wondered...where do the workers do their "business" during the reno since everything is hacked and not usable???

Edited by Minerat

New roof is up when I checked in the evening. However i am not happy that they did not replace the obviously rusty flashing. The worker said they will paint over it but I doubt that will help. That piece is obviously rusty because it was already dented and water ponds there when it rains. Complained to the contractor who promised he will look into it.

pic000401.jpg

They have started laying tiles for the living room. Swee boh? :P No money to do marble so no choice make do with this. Hahahaa

pic000399.jpg

Bro that brown metal roof also belongs to u? Yes, living floor tile swee, can see got ingrained pattern .

That belongs to my neighbour. I asked the contractor before for a quotation to do my roof like that. He told me $17k minimum! :unsure:

Urs is terrace meh? It's huge n seems more like semi d. How big is the land n Bia? Can share?

Mine is only a humble inter-terrace lah. Land is 1809sft. Built-in roughly 2800sft. Freehold.

Mine is only a humble inter-terrace lah. Land is 1809sft. Built-in roughly 2800sft. Freehold.

Bigger than my current house Liao. :) the plot of untouched land behind ur house is quite shiok. Dunno y whenever i see the photo Of tat plot of land i keep thinking of The Sound of Music.

Bigger than my current house Liao. :) the plot of untouched land behind ur house is quite shiok. Dunno y whenever i see the photo Of tat plot of land i keep thinking of The Sound of Music.

Yes, that plot of land is so huge that your voice actually echos! May God bless that land so that it remains unoccupied forever :P

Btw, PinkPluck, are you related to Pinkflowers?

New roof is up when I checked in the evening. However i am not happy that they did not replace the obviously rusty flashing. The worker said they will paint over it but I doubt that will help. That piece is obviously rusty because it was already dented and water ponds there when it rains. Complained to the contractor who promised he will look into it.

pic000401.jpg

Hi, how much did you pay for this new roof?

Just curious, how come the end of the roof (where the rusty flashing is) is higher? So the water collected on this roof flows back towards the house?