Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Minerat

Journey Of My Minaret Walk

Hi Minerat,

I will be collecting keys to a 30 storey old terrace next month and am busy looking for contractors. Learning a lot through your experiences here. Thanks for sharing :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Minerat,

I will be collecting keys to a 30 storey old terrace next month and am busy looking for contractors. Learning a lot through your experiences here. Thanks for sharing :D

30 storey! That's a big terrace :P

Enjoy the Reno. you'll love it :)

may i should try to find a place to build a skylight but my neighbours sure can see into my toilets, so no skylight in toilets for me.

How is that possible unless your toilet is not on the topmost floor?

We are meeting our ID this morning to discuss about the false ceiling issue. Yesterday wife and I went down to take a more detailed look. I think we might need to get them to tear down and redo as we really dislike this wrong design. I am sorry if that's gonna incur more cost for the ID but I was pretty surprised they didn't detect this earlier even as they send me pictures of the reno progress everyday. The day before the false ceiling was up, I'd already think something wasn't right with the ceiling structure.

30 storey! That's a big terrace :P

Enjoy the Reno. you'll love it :)

Oh dear, what a typo haha.... It's a 30 yr old terrace :P

Wish u a fruitful meeting with ID tiday abd Have a nice wkend ahead

How is that possible unless your toilet is not on the topmost floor?

My master bedroom is located on level two and my toilet window are facing my neighbours toilet window across the wall about couple of metres away.

BTW my t-blog is up. :sport-smiley-018::sport-smiley-018:

Oh dear, what a typo haha.... It's a 30 yr old terrace :P

Wish u a fruitful meeting with ID tiday abd Have a nice wkend ahead

Where is your place?

My master bedroom is located on level two and my toilet window are facing my neighbours toilet window across the wall about couple of metres away.

BTW my t-blog is up. :sport-smiley-018::sport-smiley-018:

Yah, following your t-blog now. Hope that I will learn new things in case next time I need to upgrade to a semi-D. :)

Teacher :bow: I am learning from you. From the pest control to the waterproofing, checking of site everyday, :ph34r: , I have been following your tblog from day one. Thanks for the great job! Keep it up.

Day 14 (18 Aug 2012)

The waterproofing guys were already there when we arrived at 10am. Apparently they have been there since 8:30am! That's why happens when coordination between 2 parties conveniently assumed the timing. ID arrived soon after and he was very nice and agreed to tear down and redo the false ceiling. Though I must add the ceiling contractor looked stern throughout :P

Waterproofing guys took some samples and went to buy the roof materials. The kaypoh us tagged along to choose the colour. Hahah. Well, we'd also need to make sure they've ordered the thicker one. For those keen, the place selling lots of roofs is Swan Swee construction at Senoko.

Waterproofing guys hard at work

pic000344.jpg

pic000361.jpg

Colour of the roof. In the end, we settled for a grey one.

pic000345.jpg

More sneak previews of the toilets. Wife absolutely loves the mosaic. So happy I let her chose that. I needed a wall in the 2nd level toilet as my brother-in-law is pretty weak in one side of his body and walks with a gawk. He can hold on to the wall in case he falls in the toilet.

pic000357.jpg

pic000356.jpg

pic000360.jpg

ID said that the tile meant for the WC backing was out of stock. I had to go choose another piece. The original piece was something like a stone wall to fit the resort team we wanted for our toilet. After much choosing, we cannot find another to our likely and finally settled for this mosaic instead... Only problem is it cost $21 per sheet of 300x300!! And I need about 18 of those!

pic000351.jpg

Even though it's a Sunday today, the waterproofing workers are still hard at work. They were there this morning to install the flashings on the toilet skylight and apply the silicone waterproofing. Hopefully I can now bathe with no worries during rainy days.