Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Minerat

Journey Of My Minaret Walk

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi bro,

How high was your base and width (measured from the wall?)

Notice you had a single big sink. My wife also wanted this, may i know how much you bought it and from where?

Height is same as the skirting. I think should be about 2 inches. Width is 210mm.

Day 21 (28 Aug 2012)

They have finally started laying my favourite wood tiles! Swee boh?

pic000031.jpg

pic000032.jpg

Sink stove is also up and halfway through the tiling. I estimate that tiling works should complete this week!

pic000033.jpg

False ceiling is done in the MBR toilet. This is how my skylight will look like. I can finally 望天 when I bath! :bath:

pic000037.jpg

Went to The Wall Story after work. We needed to start choosing our wall papers. Got a shock when the person said that wallpapers will need 3 weeks to ship over after confirming. Oh oh, there goes our plan to move in before Oct!

Lesson for those who'd be doing wallpapers. Don't think you can just walk in, choose and have the installers down to install the next day.

Day 21 (28 Aug 2012)

pic000031.jpg

pic000032.jpg

Sink stove is also up and halfway through the tiling. I estimate that tiling works should complete this week!

pic000033.jpg

False ceiling is done in the MBR toilet. This is how my skylight will look like. I can finally 望天 when I bath! :bath:

pic000037.jpg

SWEE MAN! :sport-smiley-004:

Went to The Wall Story after work. We needed to start choosing our wall papers. Got a shock when the person said that wallpapers will need 3 weeks to ship over after confirming. Oh oh, there goes our plan to move in before Oct!

Lesson for those who'd be doing wallpapers. Don't think you can just walk in, choose and have the installers down to install the next day.

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Day 21 (28 Aug 2012)

pic000031.jpg

pic000032.jpg

pic000033.jpg

pic000037.jpg

we chose this same wooden tiles from Hup Kiong. It was a love at first sight, ahem on the price. Only clad it in common bath floor and one feature wall to maximise effects and minimise cost. :)

we chose this same wooden tiles from Hup Kiong. It was a love at first sight, ahem on the price. Only clad it in common bath floor and one feature wall to maximise effects and minimise cost. :)

I must say you have very good taste. He he.

Yah, price was a big pain for us.... But we wanted wood and can't find anything else even close to the feel that this gives us.

Got pictures to share for your feature wall?

I've observed a very :thumbs up: trait of my tilers today, but I dunno if this is the industry practice. Whenever they want to walk on the tiles which have already been laid, they will take off their slippers, ie they walk barefoot. I believed it is to prevent damage to the tiles until they can apply the grouting and cover them up with the protection materials.

while me, the owner, walks on them in my shoes!!! So paiseh 8|:bow:

Edited by Minerat

Got pictures to share for your feature wall?

Yea, those china wooden tiles from SBH didn't even come close to the how realistic this one is.

As the tiles are used in common bath, currently still covered up under protection paper. Even though the feature wall is not covered but there is no lights in the bathroom so it's not doing justice to this beauty. Will share once there is enough lighting and when protection paper are removed. :rolleyes:

Yea, those china wooden tiles from SBH didn't even come close to the how realistic this one is.

As the tiles are used in common bath, currently still covered up under protection paper. Even though the feature wall is not covered but there is no lights in the bathroom so it's not doing justice to this beauty. Will share once there is enough lighting and when protection paper are removed. :rolleyes:

This is the brightest pic i have of our feature wall. btw it's also in the common bath. Having this tile make the common bath more ex than master bath.

img1118se.jpg

By winnienamie at 2012-08-29