Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Minerat

Journey Of My Minaret Walk

what a coincidence. Are you also shopping for bathroom accessories?

Oh yes..searching and doing some window shopping to do some shortlisting at the same time.

not easy,many choices,still searching and reading up.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Day 5 (07 Aug 2012)

Looks like the hacking is almost done now. I can see the huge container (sorry dunno what that's called) packed in front of my house and the workers loading the debris into it. I have also spoken to my contractor. Apparently, when the previous owner did the extension (that area in the toilet with the hole was previously a balcony. Owner covered it up and extended the toilet into it), the contractor followed the sloping shape of the roofline and hence did not cover up that area adequately. 2 other roofing contractors also came by to check out the work that need to be done. Luckily, they both said no scaffolding is required as they can climb out through the toilet window.

img20120807wa0003.jpg

img20120807wa0008.jpg

img20120807wa0010.jpg

Edited by Minerat

:jawdrop: Nevermind hope U kana this weekend :horse: "tio bey pio"

:yamseng::D

Edited by casa

Day 6 (08 Aug 2012)

Today they stripped away the false ceiling and hacked away the part of the master bedroom wall which will be my new toilet entrance. Also told them to hack the yard washing point deeper so that we create a step down washing point instead of building a kerb up one. This is more for safety so that people won't trip over the kerb.

Ceiling all hacked up

pic000260.jpg

pic000259.jpg

New entrance to my MBR toilet

pic000262.jpg

I must say that so far, I have been pretty happy with my ID team. They have been very responsive and responsible. They are on-site everyday and have also taken initiatives to bring down not one but three waterproofing contractors to look at my waterproofing and roofing issues. I hope that they sustain this momentum till my project completes. Jia You!

Went back to heritage today and bought the rest of my bathroom and kitchen accessories. Happy with the deal I got and must say the service was really good.

There is no reno today as it's National Day, though I swear the workers were definitely not singaporeans :P. Took a couple of boliao pics

View from master bedroom

pic000192.jpg

View from walk-in wardrobe room

pic000193.jpg

Hi Minerat, i am a newbie following your blog. collecting my keys to my house next week. Cracking my brain on the work to be done for my house in simei. Thanks for sharing. I am praying for God's wisdom in choosing the right contractor to work with.

Hi Suyun,

I am also a newbie. We learn from each other. Yours is also a terrace? Don't worry, God will see you through.