Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jayong8812

Help! Consent Form To Transfer Dbss Apartment

My fiance and his ex (M) applied for DBSS a few years ago under the fiance/ fiancee scheme. Things did not work out and M decided to go back to her hometown for good two years ago (she was a SPR). Before her leaving, they both went down to HDB to inform and also work out the procedure for M to transfer the rights of the apartment to my fiance so he can retain the property with new partner in future. M wanted to endorse memo or document to official made know that she is willing to removing her name and in favour of the transfer of co-applicant but HDB said there is no such document in place and its not a practice. She left without signing any documents.

Fast forward to now. My fiance and I want to settle down and for me to take over M's share of the apartment and for me to help shoulder the loan. However, HDB stand is that we need M's consent to have her ownership interest in DBSS flat to be transferred to me and sign sub-transfer documents.The issue is M has left for her hometown and there is no way to contact her.

We are very confused and worried by HDB's stand.

1. Does anyone know if consent form for transfer of apartment is really needed? M had verbally informed HDB that she consented to not be the co-owner/ co-applicant and HDB acknowledged understanding she consented.

2. Does it make a difference if it's a HDB apartment or a DBSS apartment?

3. Anyone here or has know any example that consent form is not need?

I know the sub transfer documents is a requirement and cannot compromise on this.

Pls, any advise or suggestion to help us will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation