Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vee

Noob Reporting In...

Hi guys,

Just bought a new property and am a complete noob in renovations.

Went to the Expo to meet some ID companies but so far not much luck in syncing in ideas.

Wondering if it necessary to engage an ID if I know what I want?

One offered $3800 for a 3D rendering but am not sure if its the market rate.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi guys,

Just bought a new property and am a complete noob in renovations.

Went to the Expo to meet some ID companies but so far not much luck in syncing in ideas.

Wondering if it necessary to engage an ID if I know what I want?

One offered $3800 for a 3D rendering but am not sure if its the market rate.

Hi vee,

Welcome to Renotalk!

Eh wellz Interior Designers helps you do the space planning, design functionality, recommends and gives advices, not to mention the adding of aesthetic values as well.

If you really know what you want, then you can get a coordinator or supervisor to look after your reno job because the works require different contractors at different phase and planning of the schedule, which contractors to come in first, at what time, is a very critical job i would say. Especially when time is a key factor. But of cuz you can also opt to do everything ala carte or DIY... :thumbs up:

Oh the 3D drawings... you meant the artist impression right? Expensive la... for me.

Have a smooth sailing renovation!

Cheers :yamseng: ,

Mike

Hi welcome! I would say if you know what you want, then just get a contractor. I made the mistake of hiring an ID but in the end, i realised there was no need to at all. :furious:

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I'm still packing out of my own place now so I have time to slowly look for a good ID and/or contractor.

Kind of paranoid after hearing so many horror stories of contractor going AWOL.

Think I might just go with a contractor instead of an ID. Come to think of it, the few IDs I've met were nice to hear me out but I just realised they had almost nothing to say when I was done.

Perhaps they were sniggering to themselves, wondering why do I need them for?

Anyway, short of blabbering, yes, $3800 is pricey ya?

Thing is, I'm doing an extension and those I've spoken to aren't qualified to do A&A, so I assume they have to engage a builder instead?

If your memory is good or your PI skills is good. Visit showrooms then snap snap snap, print and show it to builder. FREE

Nowadays got a lot of builders redo old terrace houses and try to sell it off for 4M etc so just visit their openhouse and copy.

Pay attention to fine details ie material of doors, material of window frames, staircase structure and material, flooring, lighting and ceiling (alot of people miss this point out), DB box, exterior

Probably will take you 2-3weeks. Organize your visits into East Coast, Serangoon, Bedok probably enough already. Visit those unit for sale also. actually easiest is to go through propertyguru on wed/thur then make appt for sat and sunday.

Thanks for the tip.

Yeah, I heard, visit the high-end ones so we know what are better quality furnishings.

Hunting on PropertyGuru has proven to be a nightmare for me.

Gave some agents my contact and next thing I know, I'm inundated with cold calls and SMSes of property launches.

Emailed PropertyGuru twice with no replies.

Incidentally, it has been 3 weeks since I spoke to the IDs, with no replies, can I assume they are not interested?

Thanks for the tip.

Yeah, I heard, visit the high-end ones so we know what are better quality furnishings.

Hunting on PropertyGuru has proven to be a nightmare for me.

Gave some agents my contact and next thing I know, I'm inundated with cold calls and SMSes of property launches.

Emailed PropertyGuru twice with no replies.

Incidentally, it has been 3 weeks since I spoke to the IDs, with no replies, can I assume they are not interested?

There are a few open houses around my area today. but i doubt they'll be sold if you miss this..100% stamp chop guarantee you next week and next next and next next next still open house sat and sunday.

24 Karikal Lane (the agents for this place should have 5-6units of terraces on hand to bring you go look see)

Sennett lane (this one is semi D but worth to take a look)

Bedok Grove (these are leftover by Far East saw them donkey years back but still not sold but the furnishings not bad maybe now abit dated lah)

I think the above units already got their kitchen, flooring, wardrobes, bathrooms all done up. Maybe Bedok Grove got showroom unit lah..

Don't you have a gf/bf phone that you use for hobbies? Those that are not affiliated to your work and personal life?