Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HappyBaby

I Hate My Dirty Smelly Karang Guni House!

A short history of us....

We are Singapore PRs & have been renting a flat at Punggol for the last few years. With a 1 year old boy & another on the way, hubby & I decided to bite the bullet & buy our own place. Set our hearts on Bedok as it's near my brother's place & easy for us to meet up for our weekly family lunch. Saw numerous flats, all asking for sky high COV ($80-$100K) ridiculous! Then an agent brought us to see one on high floor at Bedok north, reasonable COV but dirty & smelly like anything...owned by a karang guni man staying alone. I really hated it when I went, so dark & dingy. Hubby said he could see the potential. I could not see anything vaguely potential about it, except how horrible it was. I couldn't even bring myself to touch the filthy walls. I wanted to run out immediately! Anyway, to cut a long story short, we bought the place & our search for a renovation contractor began.

Here are some pics of the dirty house:

2012-03-04141453.jpg

2012-03-04141820.jpg

2012-03-04141926.jpg

2012-03-04141623.jpg

So horrible, right? It just couldn't see it as a home. But got to respect the head of the house. Hubby said we needed to get a good contractor to overhaul the entire place within a reasonable budget. With my baby brains & low energy level, seemed like a super daunting task! But no choice. First house & zero renovation experience, I was really stressed out!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Congrats in getting your own flat. its always good to get own then keep on paying rental.

i seen the photos, its not as bad... doesn't look as dirty as some of those here. And i have been to 1 flat when i was viewing, its very smelly as well. the dirt in the house is much worse than what you shown in the pic.... the toilet is totally black all over, at least yours still can see some white tiles.

Each step i took, there are like 10 cockroaches running around... those small cockroaches, not big one.

So, i am sure the potential is there since its high floor with reasonable COV. dont worry too much.... after reno, everything will look good! :yamseng:

The condition is much better than I saw one that rented out to an Indian FT. The moment I stepped in, I don't even want to move further and owner is asking for 30K COV.

hi there, agree with the rest that the pics do not look that bad! for a garang guni, at least he dont store the things all the way till there is no walkway.. but nvm, overhaul the whole place and it'll be a great transformation! :yamseng:

Congrats in getting your own place.

From photo it doesnt look dirty, in fact your condition is so much better than ours when we first got ours; indian owner rented out to foreign workers, whole place infested with ants, roaches and bed bugs, smell like rubbish disposable center. The toilet is the squatting type and it was so black as if 10 years never wash.

This is how it look like now... after a major overhaul.

Living room

73873425.jpg

Kitchen

94029188.jpg

Welcome to Singapore,

Hope you get your singapore citizenship soon.

Btw you Hate your Dirty Smelly Karang Guni House,

den why you still buy? not lucky leh...to make such comment before even staying in it.

Edited by lautakwah

Welcome to the renotalk.... Believe ur hubby... Ur house will look better, stunning even, after renovation... Cheers!

Hi HappyBaby!

Welcome to Renotalk T-blog!

hmmm cant comment abut the smell but no worries la.

Look at this. My houseowner one. LOL :o

img20120626wa0001.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Go for a makeover renovation. Everything will be fine after that.

Have a smooth sailing one!

Cheers :yamseng: ,

Mike

Edited by mikeyong500

Welcome to Singapore,

Hope you get your singapore citizenship soon.

Btw you Hate your Dirty Smelly Karang Guni House,

den why you still buy? not lucky leh...to make such comment before even staying in it.

LOL.... Heng Heng , Peng Peng Ann Ann, Phang Phang .....

Omg mike.. That's very disgusting!!

Look at the algae below the basin!!

Hahahaz power hor... i almost fainted when my partner sent me the photos. hahaz i was like... :jawdrop:

But nonetheless we will still do it! Hack hack and away they go and revamp the bathroom!

:yamseng: ,

Mike

Congrats on getting a house

Hope to c your reno pics soon :yamseng:

Btw is your flooring terazzo??If yes give it a polish restore its shine and u'll love it :dancingqueen:

Ya I also think your house is not the worse. Sometimes do agree that it is ok to get flats which are not really in good condition in terms of maintenance. Since after renovation it will be like wow wow haha