Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BusyBee

My White Sanctuary @casa Clementi

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

any pictures on your common toilet?

Hi, my hubby didn't want to add in glass shower cubicle or bath tub in common bathroom due to (1) space constraint (he didn't want his elbows to bump into the glass panel when he's doing "big business" and (2)for the convenience of my MIL who is very old and prone to falls and accidents. Bacause of that, I have to do away with vanity counter too.

Anyway, here are the photos. Look like still work in progress, right? But perks are now the bathroom looks very bright and spacious and my hubby has lots of elbow space :P

commonbathroom.jpg

commonbathroom2.jpg

My wish list for near future - a classy bath tub ;)

thank you busybee. you are v helpful. i would be even glad when you have a chance to take some pictures of BR2 with the bed on. hehe thanks!

Hi, sorry for late reply on this. Manage to find some photos of MIL's BR2 with furnishings but it's in poor quality (iphone is really not good for photo taking). Will try to take some photos with wide angle lens and upload when I get the chance, to give you a clearer picture ;)

br2ho.jpg

br22p.jpg

Has "disappeared" from this blog for so long. Has been busy with work and minor add-ons to new house. Can't seem to be fully satisfied, keep adding on and improving :P

Fell in love with online shopping on Gmarket! Tried my luck with taobao.com but most of the sellers don't ship to SIN, so gave up after refunds on a few purchases :bangwall:

New purchases from Gmarket

• laundry baskets
  • spice racks and paper towel holder with strong suction power for kitchen backsplash
  • instax mini photos for my new toy - Diana F+ camera

New add-ons, done

• Bath refill bottles bought from Howard’s Storage for MBR and common bathroom - want to achieve the "hotel look" :D
  • Chest drawers bought from IKEA, for MIL in BR2
  • Shoe rack bought from IKEA, placed beside main door, at common corridor
  • Money plants bought from IKEA, placed on top of shoe rack

New add-ons, coming up

• 3D wallpaper for dining corner, bought from The Wall Story - ordered from Korea and to be installed in Sep 2012
  • Shower cubicle and vanity counter for common bathroom - still in the process of convincing my dear hubby ;)

Will upload some photos soon.

Sorry, forgive me if I sound like a crazy woman here :curse: Need to vent a bit on the part time maid company that I engaged recently.

Due to space constraint, I can't get a live-in FT maid. So I tried using this company, Mrs S services for 3 Saturdays and I have all these accumulative complaints:

•I was just informed by email that the PT maid will be going back to China this Friday and they can't find me a replacement. But I'm sure this PT maid has informed the company earlier of her departure, so why this late notice?

•the mess in all their schedule planning and coordination:

- first week, a PT maid was arranged for me on Sat 8am. Then later, the coordinator informed me that 8am slot has been taken because since I was enquiring about Sat 9am slot, so she has released my 8am slot (with no confirmation from the company that 9am slot has been secured for me)?

- Then the coordinator arranged for Sun 9am slot instead. Then very suddenly on Sat morning, she informed me that the PT maid can't make it on Sun and she arranged for another PT maid to come on Sat afternoon instead (the same Sat afternoon that she called me)

- Then she promise to find me a PT maid for Sat morning, but for me to compromise and use this same PT maid to work on Sat 1pm for the time being

- Then on one Sat, the coordinator called me very last min at 12.15pm, saying the PT maid is already at my front door, although my slot start at 1pm. When I told her that, she asked me "so should I ask the PT maid to wait?" theeeeeeeee :furious:

- Then last Sat, when I called during weekday to confirm whether the PT maid is coming on Sat at 12pm or 1pm, the coordinator promised me 12pm, but the PT maid came at 1pm instead

It's such a waste since the PT maid is very good and thorough in her cleaning and I'm very satisfied with her. Thus, I have endured all these nonsense from the company for the last 3 weeks. Then now this.....

Super angry with their "yoyo" mess and unprofessionalism :furious:

Has "disappeared" from this blog for so long. Has been busy with work and minor add-ons to new house. Can't seem to be fully satisfied, keep adding on and improving :P

Fell in love with online shopping on Gmarket! Tried my luck with taobao.com but most of the sellers don't ship to SIN, so gave up after refunds on a few purchases :bangwall:

• laundry baskets
  • spice racks and paper towel holder with strong suction power for kitchen backsplash
  • instax mini photos for my new toy - Diana F+ camera

New add-ons, done

• Bath refill bottles bought from Howard’s Storage for MBR and common bathroom - want to achieve the "hotel look" :D
  • Chest drawers bought from IKEA, for MIL in BR2
  • Shoe rack bought from IKEA, placed beside main door, at common corridor
  • Money plants bought from IKEA, placed on top of shoe rack

New add-ons, coming up

• 3D wallpaper for dining corner, bought from The Wall Story - ordered from Korea and to be installed in Sep 2012
  • Shower cubicle and vanity counter for common bathroom - still in the process of convincing my dear hubby ;)

Will upload some photos soon.

• laundry baskets
    laundrybaskete.jpg
    spiceracks.jpg

New add-ons, done

•Bath refill bottles bought from Howard’s Storage for MBR, common bathroom and kitchen - want to achieve the "hotel look"

bathrefillbottles2.jpg

bathrefillbottles.jpg

kitchenrefillbottles.jpg

•Chest drawers bought from IKEA, for MIL in BR2

chestdrawers.jpg

•Shoe rack bought from IKEA, placed beside main door, at common corridor

•Money plants bought from IKEA, placed on top of shoe rack

shoerack.jpg

Has moved in for 3 months now, but seem like still a lot of things to be done.

But here are some daytime photos on BR3 (my son's room) and BR2 (my MIL's room) which are 100% completed:

Bedroom 3

br3e.jpg

br3cu.jpg

br3f.jpg

br3b.jpg

br3a.jpg

Hello, hasn't been updating my reno blog for a while. It has been a crazy few months, busy traveling to Taipei, Bangkok, then Japan. Came back from Japan in the week of CNY, then plunge straight into CNY preparation, cooking and entertaining :sport-smiley-003:

Finally, has time to update my blogs :yamseng: Bought some cool items to complement my house deco from BKK and Japan. Will share photos soon.

Meanwhile, want to share some photos from my Japan trip. Travelled free & easy to Osaka-Tokyo-Hakone-Fujikyu Highland-Kyoto-Kobe-Osaka over 11 days. We don't speak Japanese.....it was crazy, I know :P But what an experience!

Especially their transport network - you won't believe the kind of connections they have, especially in Tokyo. We stayed near Ikebukuro Station. It's "crazy" at the station, with people rushing every min of the day. When I say "rushing", I really mean "rushing". Once you are in there, you will feel "pressurized" to move at the same speed as they are moving. You have to wonder where they are rushing to? You see these crowds all time of the day, no high or low peak period, mind you. Then you stand in front of the ticketing machine and you will find yourself gaping at this huge network map, with all these colour lines crisscrossing :sport-smiley-018:

We bought a JR pass before our trip, and travelled on Shinkansen from Osaka to Tokyo upon our arrival. And a few times en-route back to Osaka from Tokyo. They have different types of trains on each line. On JR Tokaido line, we can travel on Hikari, Kodama.

Will log off with these Shinkansen photos. They are moving at such fast speed that it's very dizzy to look at the passing scenery as they move like a blur.

img2370c.jpg

img2362g.jpg

Will share more photos next time, especially the Guiness world record rides at Fujikyu Highland, at the foot of Mount Fuji.

Hi Busy Bee,

Im very interested to get in touch with your reno contractor.can you pm or email me theur contacts as soon as possible? I would b more than willing to blanja 10 jugs of coffee if u like..; )

Thanks a mil!

Regards,

Azmi

Email: scudshot08@hotmail.com