Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BusyBee

My White Sanctuary @casa Clementi

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

My little Japanese and Paris corner continued…

My tall mannequin with its costume jewellery “skirt”

mbrjewellerystand.jpg

Little Japanese Finger Doll

mbrpariscorner11.jpg

mbrpariscorner10.jpg

Little Japanese Clappers

mbrpariscorner8.jpg

People on Paris Street

mbrpariscorner9.jpg

Nice. ESP,the jap doll clips.

Where did you can the white display rack?

Thanks. I bought this ladder shelving from Oddjects located at Parco Millenia Walk. It has 2 diff height. But the shelves are light brown wooden planks. So what I did was buy acrylic paint in matte white (just get acrylic paint meant for art work will do) from art shop, then DIY paint over the shelves. So this is the end product. I was initially worried that the paint over will spoil the look of the shelves, but it turned out better than I expected. So I like it a lot

may I ask how much you spend for this reno?

No problem but I can't give u the reno breakdown items and costs through this blog. So if u need, just let me know, I can pm u.

Our total reno costs about $45K. And furnishings is about $15K which includes some furniture, kitchen appliances, bathroom fittings and accessories, downlights and all other lightings, system 4 inverter aircon, curtains and blinds, wall paintings and decorations etc.

Sorry for late reply. Busy days at work these 2 days. Here're my replies:

Lovely kitchen you have there and White is the new IN My contractors and suppliers were initially surprised at our choice of using all white, saying it's rare. And the latest trend being black and white or grey as in industrial look. But my fav colour is white, so no brainer on choosing it as my house's primary colour hue :D Then I put in diff secondary colour hues in diff parts of the house to make it more interesting.

1) Did you hack down any walls? Yes. I hacked away (a) the wall between MBR and Room 2 to make room for a WI wardrobe (2) wall between kitchen and dining area for open concept kitchen and to make room for a breakfast counter (3) wall between kitchen and service yard

2) Is that doors/panels which you installed? It's a bi-fold door in white powdered coated aluminium frames and tempered frosted glass. Put in this bi-fold door to hide away clutters created by hanging clothes and laundry baskets etc. It's more commonly used in bungalows and terraced houses with swimming pool. But I wanted this idea cos it's less space consuming than a sliding door. Due to space constraint created by 2 huge piping that take up a lot of space at the service yard, which does not allow a sliding door to be fully "opened"

3) Love to see more pictures of your kitchen~! Thanks. Here are some pictures of my kitchen

kitchenlu.jpg

kitchen3p.jpg

kitchen2g.jpg

breakfastcounter.jpg

Hi, I'm from Clementi too. Like the service yard idea and your door. Can I know how much the door costs? It looks big and i bet it's costly! And with the hacking, wil it cost a lot?

Hi, I'm from Clementi too. Like the service yard idea and your door. Can I know how much the door costs? It looks big and i bet it's costly! And with the hacking, wil it cost a lot?

Costs of the bi-fold door will depend on your measurements. You can also choose transparent glass instead of frosted glass. Mine costs about $1860. Hacking of walls between kitchen and service yard and make good affected area costs about $380 which is ok. But the costly part is engaging a PE to endorse these walls for hacking (not all walls need PE endorsement but those that have structure beams will have to do so to get HDB permit :bangwall:) which costs about $600. So total :jawdrop:

During weekend stay at one of the hotels, we found these “treasures” in City Square Mall at very affordable rates. Decided to display them in MBR.

Solemn looking bear in leather

mbrbearcorner3.jpg

My little bear family, sitting in their thrones

mbrbearcorner6.jpg

My little bear 3D puzzles - spent hours working on these 3D puzzles, but worth it

mbrbearcorner5.jpg

My “poisonous” red apple 3D puzzle. Tempted to eat? :P

mbrbearcorner4.jpg

My “luminous” green apple 3D puzzle “guarding” our wedding rings :D

mbrbearcorner8.jpg

Little “Treasures” continued…

Couldn’t decide what this is called, but who cares if it’s so cute..Maybe can call it my voodoo doll? :P

mbrbearcorner7.jpg

Giraffes? Dinosaurs? Dogs? Take your pick. My hubby and I couldn’t decide what animals these are, but they are so cute. I can already hear my son saying "Mummy, stop trying to act cute" :D

mbrbearcorner2.jpg

Your white house is extraordinarily charming! :) Thanks for sharing the lovely pictures and figurines in your blog :)

Your kitchen glass backsplash looks very classy! Is it very expensive?

Your white house is extraordinarily charming! :) Thanks for sharing the lovely pictures and figurines in your blog :)

Your kitchen glass backsplash looks very classy! Is it very expensive?

Thanks. Costs of kitchen glass backsplash will depend on your measurements. Mine costs $675. There are diff colours to choose from.

As requested, has pm you my main contractor and project manager's contact details and reno costs.

It's super duper Kawaii!! But infinite likes ^_^

Would love to own them too but my furry fren will shred em; even I put on tall cabinets, she will whine at em. @-@

Thanks. Say that to my son who thinks I'm acting cute :P I ilke to collect all these cuties, and when I come across them during overseas trips or in local quirky shops, I go crazy shopping :D

If anyone has come across any local shops that sell cuties like these (at affordable prices, of course :good:), please let me know. Thanks.