Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BusyBee

My White Sanctuary @casa Clementi

“Memorabilia”

Only when sorting through my home décor photos, then I realized that I have collected so many collectables form my overseas trips and quirky shops in Singapore.

Here are some of my favourites:

Main Entrance

maindoor.jpg

Clinging koala bears from Australia

maindoor4.jpg

Aboriginal mask, surf board, koala bear, kangaroo from Australia

Mini owl and fortune cat from Japan :good:

maindoor3.jpg

Mr Bruce Lee miniatures and mini "Cai Shen", "Guan Yin" and "Guan Gong"

maindoor2f.jpg

Korean dolls and Japanese Kimi dolls

Japanese doll with "gong gong" black hair and in red kimono represents my sweet Anata and the cutie doll in white kimono is me, Miss Kawayi :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

“Memorabilia” Continued...

Dining Corner

diningcorner2.jpg

"Dolling up" for dining chairs, mini socks, cool :good:

My hubby's fav painting - lovely tree in green and his pride - Red lamp and red designer table with mix-matching chairs bought from Space Concept

diningcorner.jpg

My fav Japanese mini doll couples

Living Room

livingroomq.jpg

Mini cactus in transparent vase, gift from my sis in law

Passageway

passageway.jpg

Red dog rep my hubby, nagging at me. Blue cat rep me, responding with "lalala..." to his nagging :P

My fav painting of all - couple under umbrella. Depending on the lighting, the mood portrays by this painting varies. Love it :good:

MBR

mbr.jpg

My fav items in MBR are the lovely tree in blue and the jewellery mannequins

Hi BusyBee would you mind sharing where you got the white side tables and the cost? Thank you!

I bought these 2 cube display shelf from Kiitos @Marina Square and Suntec at $69 and $79 respectively (b4 5% discount). These shelf are meant to be wall mount, thus back side is not as glossy finish. But I choose them cos their depth is narrow enough to fit into narrow space next to my sofa.

May_dream1 - Thanks. I was sorting thru reno and decor photos to post on this blog, then can't resist posting these collectibles first as they are so irresistable. Guess I went ahead of myself again :rolleyes:

petalfruit - Thanks. I love them too. Too bad my hubby stop me from buying more when I was overseas. He has to literally "drag" me away from these stores :P

May_dream1 - Thanks. I was sorting thru reno and decor photos to post on this blog, then can't resist posting these collectibles first as they are so irresistable. Guess I went ahead of myself again :rolleyes:

i have the same painting like your blue tree but in green... which is similar to your green as well except its 1 tree, not 2.

hey! nice house!

Can you share wif me where u get those paintings? esp the green tree?

Thanks!

Thanks. I bought these paintings and posters from a few shops in Singapore:

• Couple under umbrella from Art Mart Gallery www.artmart.com.sg
  • Green lovely tree, blue lovely tree and animal portraits from One Piece Painting onepiecepainting.com
  • Dog and cat poster at passageway from The Good Things www.thegoodthings.com at Clementi Mall
  • "I've found the right one" tea towel from Pomelo www.pomelo.com.sg Address: 6 Teck Lim Road Tel: 6226 4663
  • Cafe poster in MBR from The Wright Gift www.thewrightgift.com at ION

Hope these help.

Thanks alot BusyBee! :)

Thanks. I bought these paintings and posters from a few shops in Singapore:

• Couple under umbrella from Art Mart Gallery www.artmart.com.sg
  • Green lovely tree, blue lovely tree and animal portraits from One Piece Painting onepiecepainting.com
  • Dog and cat poster at passageway from The Good Things www.thegoodthings.com at Clementi Mall
  • "I've found the right one" tea towel from Pomelo www.pomelo.com.sg Address: 6 Teck Lim Road Tel: 6226 4663
  • Cafe poster in MBR from The Wright Gift www.thewrightgift.com at ION

Hope these help.

4. False Ceiling, Lighting Points & Power Points

This is the first time we have put up false ceiling and downlights in our home, thus we had a hard time.

After discussing with ID contractor, we designed our lighting plan based on our carpentry layout and overall space planning. There are many changes along the way, but this is the final version. T-shape false ceiling in living room is my “baby” :)

lightingplanfinal.jpg

Here are the steps:

• ID contractor, electrician and my husband met at our new house and went through the lighting plan, point by point with changes done on the spot while electrician do the markings on the walls and ceiling

• Electrician and his workers put up the lighting points and cover with casing first

• Then false ceiling contractor put up false ceiling

• Painter painted over the false ceiling

• Electrician and his workers cut the shapes of the downlight casing and put up the downlight casing and bulbs

• False ceiling contractor and painter do touch up

Then we started shopping for downlights. We didn’t realize there are so many:

• Types (LED, PLC, Halogen, energy-saving bulbs without ballast etc),

• Designs,

• Casing sizes (different shops have different sizes for same watt- for example Shop A’s 13 watts PLC casing will differ from Shop B’s 13 watts PLC casing size),

• Watts

• colour temp (PLC-warm, day, cool white)

So after comparing many shops in Geylang, Balestier and Jalan Besar, we decided to purchase PLC lights from www.lightings.com.sg as they seem to have competitive prices and good after sales service (they promote 7-day exchange policy). How wrong we were!

First of all, goods were not delivered on time. Then when we wanted to change the ballast and bulbs from 18watts to 13watts (we find 18 watts too harsh and emits hot energy, thus makes our home very “hot”), the salespersons made it very difficult by asking many questions and with their reluctant attitude. And after many rounds of discussions, they agreed to change only the bulbs. But when we brought the bulbs to the showroom, they spent a long time inspecting the packaging and rejected those with bad packaging, so we have to spend additional monies on buying new ballast and new bulbs of 13 watts. In the end, we still did not save monies because of these additional purchases. So be careful if you decided to buy from them, check the packaging before you accept delivery and keep all your packaging in “good” condition in the event of any exchanges.

Then because my hubby was formerly an electrical contractor, he has certain expectations that must be met. He complained about their sloppiness when it comes to:

(1) lighting point positioning

(2) bulbs facing in different direction

(3) loose wires from heater point connection dangling from bathroom ceiling

(4) “ugly” casing for karaoke speakers wire – we changed our TV console positioning in the midst of reno, thus we have to change positioning for all speaker wires. Instead of taking out the whole casing and repositioning it, what the electrician did was cut existing casing in half, tore out one part and left big gapping holes in the TV console wall, then repositioned this one part in another direction, so it looked like this. Their reasoning was since we will cover these walls with TV console and storage cabinet, there is no need to “beautify” the casing, but theeeeeee :bangwall:tvconsolewall2.jpg

(5) switch boxes provided by them at the main entrance and passageway are of low end quality

(6) when asked to shift some positioning of the lighting and power point and later changed the ballast and bulbs from 18 watts to 13 watts, they were not happy about it and showed bad attitude

(7) when asked to add in 2 downlights in MBR bathroom, the main electrician showed impatience (we already bought a P brand ceiling light for MBR bathroom and installed it, then finds it too dim, so we decided to go with downlights for MBR bathroom too)

(8) when asked to clean the downlight casings (has painting and finger smudge marks on the glass coverings) and ensure the ceiling fans are properly aligned (top coverings were not installed properly and has noises when on), they were very curt and angry.

So at times, the ID contractor and I felt like we are refereeing a boxing game between the electrician and my hubby :P But at the end of the day, they made all the changes that we wanted. So that settled it all :)