Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
panda88

Renovation, Move-In And Seventh-Month Timing

Hi all,

Not sure where place this topic, so moderator pls kindly move this which thread wherever you think is appropriate.

Here is my situation:

I am currently renting a place and HDB completion was done last week. From now till lunar 7th month is about 1 month time. Now not all contractor got back to me on their reno quote. The reno includes redo kitchen and 2 bathrooms plus minor installation such as bathrooms accessories, lighting and ceiling fan. Finally is of course painting and chem wash. From what I gathered, the whole job will take act 3 weeks. Since no one has provide me a quote yet, I think very likely cannot make it for move-in before 7th month (17 aug).

So now I am think whether I should move-in before 7th month or after? Because 7th month begins mid of Aug and end at mid of Sept, I am trying to avoid paying extra one month rent at the current place. Anyone had the experience of staying in the house while reno is ongoing? Wonder anyone feel doing reno during 7th month is not good although it start during 6th month? Your advice is much appreciated. Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Really depends on how extensive your Reno going to be. If only carpentry, then quite fast. Staying while renovation is going on might be a little dusty. If no one is gonna be at home to supervise, then you goto lock up ur belongings in the room. It is possible, cos they only work during day time

Finally someone is replying. Thanks. The major part of reno is at Kitchen. So I think should be ok. Eat outside, laundry outside just stay at home for sleep and watch tv nia. This is wat i think lag

Finally someone is replying. Thanks. The major part of reno is at Kitchen. So I think should be ok. Eat outside, laundry outside just stay at home for sleep and watch tv nia. This is wat i think lag

Heyz panda88,

so the contractors u engaged replied already? Anywayz heres my suggestion.

Since now just nice is the 3 weeks mark to lunar 7th month. ask ur id/contractor to plan a 2 weeks schedule. give some allowance. tell them u needa move in 5 days before aug 17th.

U can stay in during reno period since its only the 2 bathrooms and kitchen.

After hacking, start the wet works, beginning with master bath first then common bath then lastly kitchen. i assumed this will take up at least a week, prob a week and a half. then piping and electrical works probably another 3 days. Lastly carpentry. Rem always plan master bathroom first. So at least they can complete the master bathroom first. Then you can stay in when only carpentry works remains. Just remember to always lock ur rooms and probably stuff some rags at the bottom of the doors to keep the dust out.

Fail to plan - plan to fail~ :sport-smiley-004:

:yamseng: ,

Cheers

Heyz panda88,

so the contractors u engaged replied already? Anywayz heres my suggestion.

Since now just nice is the 3 weeks mark to lunar 7th month. ask ur id/contractor to plan a 2 weeks schedule. give some allowance. tell them u needa move in 5 days before aug 17th.

U can stay in during reno period since its only the 2 bathrooms and kitchen.

After hacking, start the wet works, beginning with master bath first then common bath then lastly kitchen. i assumed this will take up at least a week, prob a week and a half. then piping and electrical works probably another 3 days. Lastly carpentry. Rem always plan master bathroom first. So at least they can complete the master bathroom first. Then you can stay in when only carpentry works remains. Just remember to always lock ur rooms and probably stuff some rags at the bottom of the doors to keep the dust out.

Fail to plan - plan to fail~ :sport-smiley-004:

Cheers

Thanks mike...good suggestion. Looking for good dates to move in. **** !!still no quotes from contractor.

Thanks mike...good suggestion. Looking for good dates to move in. **** !!still no quotes from contractor.

Wa still waiting for quotes ah... no good yo... :seeya:

hmmm I've got one contact. try to pm u but think ur pm box full. :D Let me know if u want the contact.

Mike

Edited by mikeyong500

Hi all,

Here is my situation:

I am currently renting a place and HDB completion was done last week. From now till lunar 7th month is about 1 month time. Now not all contractor got back to me on their reno quote. The reno includes redo kitchen and 2 bathrooms plus minor installation such as bathrooms accessories, lighting and ceiling fan. Finally is of course painting and chem wash. From what I gathered, the whole job will take act 3 weeks. Since no one has provide me a quote yet, I think very likely cannot make it for move-in before 7th month (17 aug).

So now I am think whether I should move-in before 7th month or after? Because 7th month begins mid of Aug and end at mid of Sept, I am trying to avoid paying extra one month rent at the current place. Anyone had the experience of staying in the house while reno is ongoing? Wonder anyone feel doing reno during 7th month is not good although it start during 6th month? Your advice is much appreciated. Thanks.

Actually under the Fengshui, there is no problem or any taboo issue on when to start the renovatiob work during the lunar 7th month.

You only need to select an auspicious date for your "Moving-in" day.

Actually under the Fengshui, there is no problem or any taboo issue on when to start the renovatiob work during the lunar 7th month.

You only need to select an auspicious date for your "Moving-in" day.

though I am not that superstitious type, but would prefer to move-in either after 7th mth or during auspicious date.

do you know any good auspicious date for moving-in day during 7th mth?