Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bb_1314

5Rm Bukit Panjang

if i am you, i will place the sofa where the curve windows are. so you can look at the main door plus anyone walking from the kitchen. and can look out of windows too when don't want to look at tv.

Placing the sofa at the curve window means...sofa hv to be customised. Would set her back at least 3~4k for only a 3seater.

Placing the sofa facing the 4500mm wall is where most ppl would do it. Plus if u hv surround sound, tat would be fantabulous!!! My current sofa is against the wall, sound not tat fantabulous...

U can consider getting yr contractor to do a curve settee at the window.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

All I can say is budget prudently because there will definitely be VOs during the course of your reno. I started with a reno quote of 70k and is now looking at a VO fast approaching 30k!

Wow Minerat you are rich! I must open my eyes big big when coming to the terms & conditions or else i'll end up bankrupt. lol

Yup, my 50k do not incl toilet accessories or kitchen fittings or lightings. all these make up abt another 10k loh. :~:~:~

so if you plan to do all, then i think most probably abt 40-50k.

Ok thanks for the advice. Still sounds achievable at least don't need to sell axx. haha...

if i am you, i will place the sofa where the curve windows are. so you can look at the main door plus anyone walking from the kitchen. and can look out of windows too when don't want to look at tv.

U can consider getting yr contractor to do a curve settee at the window.

Hmm... the curve window is a full length window till the floor. Kind of waste the view and block the lights if place the sofa/settee there right? If switch between the window and 4500mm wall that will be perfect! (Too bad I can't change that lol). I'll try to post some pictures of the current condition these few days. :)

Wow Minerat you are rich! I must open my eyes big big when coming to the terms & conditions or else i'll end up bankrupt. lol

Ok thanks for the advice. Still sounds achievable at least don't need to sell axx. haha...

its not the terms and condition but rather whether you will keep on adding things. for hdb, its ok. most of the time, try to get comprehensive quotes. don't get package as the VO will be more than the package. better to get ID/contractor to quote you based on all you want to do and there won't be much VO then.

Hmm... the curve window is a full length window till the floor. Kind of waste the view and block the lights if place the sofa/settee there right? If switch between the window and 4500mm wall that will be perfect! (Too bad I can't change that lol). I'll try to post some pictures of the current condition these few days. :)

not the curve side, more on the bedroom wall side... so its against the wall and yet can see the windows on the right.

Yup, my 50k do not incl toilet accessories or kitchen fittings or lightings. all these make up abt another 10k loh. :~:~:~

so if you plan to do all, then i think most probably abt 40-50k.

minerat, yours is landed. more VO. for hdb flats, its quite ok, not much VO. mine only few hundreds extra cos i wanted to box up some stuff during reno. so if bb_1314 started with 30k and ended up with 60k, that would be crazy.

I made a mistake when starting the Reno. I tried to be prudent by having a list of things that we will reuse existing. However end up we start getting rid of them along the way. That's how I ended up with a 30k VO. You know, it is hard to resist when you start to see the newer and better stuff and you think of the old ones back home.....You get my point lah. lol

So you either have rock iron discipline or specify everything you want to do in the package. Dunn forget that a VO works both ways, ie you can also ask to take out things you dun intend to do after signing the contract.

Edited by Minerat

till sounds achievable at least don't need to sell axx. haha...

Hi bb_1314, congratulation on your new purchase! When you going to collect your key?

I also just bought a 5room hdb and going to collect our key in end of October...

Initially we have budget of 40K and after talking to few IDs and contractors, we have to increase our budget to 50K or more ... We also give up to do flooring and keep the existing flooring .. Even though the budget has increased, we still haven't found the contractor / ID coz still waiting for their new quotation .. Hope can meet our budget.

Btw, this is what we want to do .. ignore those green color which will be purchased.

1344743720-2161596806.jpg

All the best ~

Edited by eekenji

Welcome and hope to c your reno pics soon :yamseng:

Btw sis u can't do much for 5room with 30k budget

Edited by casa

Just sharing my still ongoing reno experience...

I budgeted 70% for reno and 30% for my furnishings for a disposable amount. In the end, both sides also exceeded.

Unless you are very very disciplined, u need to set aside a buffer of 20%. Most ppl mentality, " aiya, alrdy spent so much, give a little more to perfect that thing"...end up burst budget.

Hi bb_1314, congratulation on your new purchase! When you going to collect your key?

Collected few years ago lol. It's not bad when we move in so didn't do any reno. Need to move out before reno start.

Actually flooring is the main concern cos the current white ceramic flooring with black cement grout. Looks dirty to me. Let see if out of my budget maybe I'll consider just overlay laminate on it. But it might not be the best solution 'cos got child at home always spill something on the floor.

Going to meet up with ID next week. So exciting :notti:

I made a mistake when starting the Reno. I tried to be prudent by having a list of things that we will reuse existing. However end up we start getting rid of them along the way. That's how I ended up with a 30k VO. You know, it is hard to resist when you start to see the newer and better stuff and you think of the old ones back home.....You get my point lah. lol

So you either have rock iron discipline or specify everything you want to do in the package. Dunn forget that a VO works both ways, ie you can also ask to take out things you dun intend to do after signing the contract.

hhmm.... maybe i already know what i wanted and i didn't make much change to my quotation. When i wanted something more, i reduce something else. also thankful that my contractor very flexible. he says that i can take anything out and that if in the end, the total is 25% less than initial quote, he is also ok. but i know what i wanted and really sticking to it so that's why my VO is really very minimal.

my overbudget is mostly in my lightings..... budget 3k but nearly 5k. :bangwall:

Anyther question, intended to do seatee or looks like somekind of bay window. Is it practical to do seatee with storage at the window? Current depth below the window is 30cm, with the seatee probably another 50cm? 80 cm is kind of deep to reach right? What's the shortest seatee that can be done?

untitled-4.jpg

Anyther question, intended to do seatee or looks like somekind of bay window. Is it practical to do seatee with storage at the window? Current depth below the window is 30cm, with the seatee probably another 50cm? 80 cm is kind of deep to reach right? What's the shortest seatee that can be done?

We have the same depth of 30cm under the window recess area, we also will do 50cm protrude out of settee, total depth is 80cm .. correct.

You can consider to do 40cm settee but it might not be comfortable to sit long .. standard is 50cm.

Our carpenter will make a "frame" with doors outside the recess area, i.e. inside will have no shelf as we want to put big things inside the settee.