Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bb_1314

5Rm Bukit Panjang

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Just wondering are we allowed to paint the window frame to white? Need to replace the kitchen window grill because after tiling cannot use back the old window grill. Wanted to change to white but that would be quite ugly if grill is white and window frame is black/bronze. Does hdb allow to spray paint it white?

If yours is considered an old HDB block, it shouldn't be a problem. Walk around the neighborhood and see if anyone else has windows in a different color. That's what my ID did before doing anything different from the standard done by HDB :) But spray painting isn't the best choice because I think it'll peel off over time, leaving patches, and it'd be difficult for you to remove it to spray paint again. Powder coating is still the best for windows because of frequent use.

Edited by summersann

powder coating means need to dismantle the windows and send it to factory right? after dismantle still possible to put it back?

it shouldn't be a problem? but I'm not too sure, because we changed all our windows. if you spray paint, it's still better to remove and spray right? Otherwise, there may be corners that don't get sprayed properly? I don't really know because I'm totally clueless about spray painting :P

Your Reno progress is looking good. Love all the storage you are doing. For the errors by your carpenter, he should rectify it since it is his mistakes wor. I wonder how he could make such mistakes. Did you show him any pics before he did the drawers? If you did, and he still got it wrong, then I also shake head liaoz.

Edited by 3Dyms

it shouldn't be a problem? but I'm not too sure, because we changed all our windows. if you spray paint, it's still better to remove and spray right? Otherwise, there may be corners that don't get sprayed properly? I don't really know because I'm totally clueless about spray painting :P

Ya lor always heard ppl change the window to get powder coating, haven't heard anyone dismantle their existing window, get it powder coat & put it back lol.

Your Reno progress is looking good. Love all the storage you are doing. For the errors by your carpenter, he should rectify it since it is his mistakes wor. I wonder how he could make such mistakes. Did you show him any pics before he did the drawers? If you did, and he still got it wrong, then I also shake head liaoz.

Thanks! House is so small so cannot waste any of the space! Ya lor for the wardrobe drawer will get him re-do. Super eyesore looking at it. For the others like larder unit since still can put in things I wanted to put in so we leave it. If change it need to patch here & there even more ugly. can't possible to have them re-do the whole thing for us.

Ya I sent him hand drawn drawing with dimensions, photos etc. These ppl are just arrogant and ignorance!

The initial budget of 30k? Of course not... With Blum, quartz top etc... most of the thing I want something better, at least mid range, 30k won't be enough. I haven't sum up the total cost yet. Roughly i think close to 70k including air con, lightings, sofa, bed etc; exclude dining table, fridge & washing machine.

The initial budget of 30k? Of course not... With Blum, quartz top etc... most of the thing I want something better, at least mid range, 30k won't be enough. I haven't sum up the total cost yet. Roughly i think close to 70k including air con, lightings, sofa, bed etc; exclude dining table, fridge & washing machine.

Ya, I thought so too.

I wanted quartz top for kitchen too, that's the most expensive top right?

Ya, I thought so too.

I wanted quartz top for kitchen too, that's the most expensive top right?

I think the range matters too. Like how lower end quartz could be cheaper than higher end granite. But quartz is generally pricier, true.