Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bb_1314

5Rm Bukit Panjang

i hope your journey will be smoother each day.

Thanks I certainly need ur wishes. I'll be moving in next Friday. Shouldn't have more surprise I hope...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Iquartz up. Nothing special we choose the whitest white. There will be black glass backing & my kitchen will be just black & white...

image_zpsea654cfa.jpg

Hmm the gate is original from hdb. Look nice from far but the paint is so thick that I would not like to touch it. Seems like going to peel off like that. If we are going to DIY next time, how to paint it har? Remove all the paint using turpentine first? If not keep on adding layers & layers it's getting even more thick.

Hmm suddenly remind me of Eason Chan's song 黑白灰. Cos our whole house including the gate & wall color is black, white, & grey (plus a bit of wooden color) hehe...

Today the floor is washed, house is clean. Can't wait to move back in. 5 more days...

Glass panel at the tv console not up yet, T5 at the bottom need to be removed. The reflection is quite ugly. Ignore the color tone, the ceiling T5 light should be warmer dunno why capture in photo is white.

IMG_2959_zps47a69d7a.jpg

Kitchen: Again ignore the lighting tone,

IMG_2962_zps67796553.jpg

IMG_2961_zps94030da1.jpg

The fixed panel glass bracket in both bathrooms shower screen. Is it normal for the bracket to be that thin? The fixed panel 'sway' when I close the door when the rubber seal reach the fixed panel.

IMG_2958_zps16bf80db.jpg

IMG_2956_zps5df2f11a.jpg

resume the story of basin tap. Plumber replaced the nozzle, but different type. Going to ask him to change again 'cos the water is splashing everywhere...

IMG_2876_zps541b0885.jpg

If he didn't break the original one, it should be like this:

IMG_2875_zps673edb4c.jpg

Hi bb1314,

Did you built a concrete base for your kitchen sink and hide it with wood or just undermount on wood?

I am also going to be using Blum or a combination of Blum and Hettich for my Kitchen cabinet.

Are you using Blum for the drawers only or also for the top cabinet doors?

Iquartz up. Nothing special we choose the whitest white. There will be black glass backing & my kitchen will be just black & white...

image_zpsea654cfa.jpg

This is the concrete base you are referring to?

image_zpsa1650698.jpg

The kitchen is sitting on top of the wood, then overlay with the quartz to make the sink under mount. Most of the top mount sink can be done under mount.

image_zps144a79ce.jpg

Mine is combination of Blum & ikea bottom drawers. Ikea was dismantled from our house b4 reno. Can reuse. Ikea kitchen soft closing is actually from blum & they rebrand & sell it under ikea. Top cabinet are all casement doors with Blum hinges & soft closing. The soft closing device is a snap on seperate piece. In fact my whole house hinges door are blum soft closing cos I hate ppl slamming doors lol.

I saw from somewhere you can actually call to make appointment & go through the design you have in mind & get a quotation with the Blum staff. I didn't call but head down to their showroom directly. When I enquire with the staff there they just tell me to engage their certified carpenter to go through the designing & quotation phase. So I ended up designing myself & made some mistakes. If could start all over again I won't buy so many S4 drawers cos they are really deep. I would prefer the drawers beside the kitchen sink cabinet to have 3 equivalent height drawer. Now is 1 S1+ 2 S4. S1 is rather shallow & can't put much thing in except cutlery, which I has allocated another drawer for it...

Edited by bb_1314

TV console, quite stiff to open/close the door.

image_zps4695282e.jpg

Kitchen dish drainer hydraulic system: when lifting up is ok, closing it is quite horrible it'll slam. Regretted not getting the Blum aventos. At least closing the door won't slam. Any idea if can add anything to make it soft closing?

image_zpsef821342.jpg

Edited by bb_1314