Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cookiez

Opennet Installation

Hi all,

Opennet has scheduled on 13 Sep for installation in my resale unit. My unit is under renovation now and if my electrical

work/rewiring is still not ready on 13 Sep, can Opennet still be installed ??

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

They need the electric supply for their drill.

I believed that most contractor will connect a temporary one for their work purpose and it suffice.

Just did mine during Reno,better tis way.'one time clean up

I'm doing reno now and wanted to get FO nicely laid in the house. As my flat previous owner have rejected the free in-house TP installation, now they said I got to pay for it if I want fibre. Thinking of discarding my fibre option...

Edited by kopitalk

They need the electric supply for their drill.

I believed that most contractor will connect a temporary one for their work purpose and it suffice.

Just did mine during Reno,better tis way.'one time clean up

Thanks Bento28~

I'm doing reno now and wanted to get FO nicely laid in the house. As my flat previous owner haf rejected the free in-house TP installation, now they said I got to pay for it if I want fibre. Thinking of discarding my fibre option...

Same here...previous owner did not install the FO when it is free...so I took up Singtel's Explore Home 200 and the FO installation is FOC...if not got to pay Opennet $220 for installation charges..

Same here...previous owner did not install the FO when it is free...so I took up Singtel's Explore Home 200 and the FO installation is FOC...if not got to pay Opennet $220 for installation charges..

I am facing the same problem. Ex-owner was at overseas and the flat was tenanted out, so didn't install FO. Now contemplating to sign up which telco's fibre optic plan. My Reno is going to start in 3 weeks time, not sure if I sign up the plan now, will I get Opennet appointment fast enough to install the cabling during the re-wiring stage.

Sorry to ask a silly question here, as I know nothing about fibre optic thing. Is it necessary to have a telephone and LAN point if I sign up fibre optic plan ?

Thanks in advance.

I am facing the same problem. Ex-owner was at overseas and the flat was tenanted out, so didn't install FO. Now contemplating to sign up which telco's fibre optic plan. My Reno is going to start in 3 weeks time, not sure if I sign up the plan now, will I get Opennet appointment fast enough to install the cabling during the re-wiring stage.

Sorry to ask a silly question here, as I know nothing about fibre optic thing. Is it necessary to have a telephone and LAN point if I sign up fibre optic plan ?

Thanks in advance.

My unit is currently undergoing renovation. The previous owner did not install FO. I signed up with Starhub for FO, and the installation by OpenNet is hence free (up to the first 15m from where the FO enters your house to its terminal point). I waited for 2.5 weeks for the 1st available slot from OpenNet. Since your reno is in 3 weeks time, you probably have at least 4 weeks before reaching the re-wiring stage. You should start talking to the telcos regarding your FO installation ASAP; you should be just in time for the OpenNet appointment.

The telcos will advise you on the telephone and 'LAN' point for FO. FYI, there is no requirement for me to get a telephone point or 'LAN' point with my Starhub signup. The telcos will be a better party to advise you.

Give a called to OpenNet to chk when your estate is ready for Cable installation

For my side will be end of this year :bangwall::~

Thanks in advance.

if you want a home telephone line, then you have to install telephone point. But nowadays, you can also get fiber optic telephone line which is digital. Plus point, no need to have another tel point. Minus point, if there are no power or fiber optic not working, then no phone line for you too.

As for LAN point, if you are very IT savvy and need really fast internet, then you need LAN point. for me, i am ok to go wireless so i didn't have LAN point installed.

and if you like starhub cable tv, then you would need to install the starhub cable point as well.

if you want a home telephone line, then you have to install telephone point. But nowadays, you can also get fiber optic telephone line which is digital. Plus point, no need to have another tel point. Minus point, if there are no power or fiber optic not working, then no phone line for you too.

As for LAN point, if you are very IT savvy and need really fast internet, then you need LAN point. for me, i am ok to go wireless so i didn't have LAN point installed.

and if you like starhub cable tv, then you would need to install the starhub cable point as well.

Hi May,

Thanks a lot for the information !

Read your blog, your house was so nicely done up, and saw your house on the TV drama too !

Hope my house can be as nice as yours! *finger crossed*

Hi May,

Thanks a lot for the information !

Read your blog, your house was so nicely done up, and saw your house on the TV drama too !

Hope my house can be as nice as yours! *finger crossed*

everyone house have own unique feature. yours will be very nice too! :yamseng:

My unit is currently undergoing renovation. The previous owner did not install FO. I signed up with Starhub for FO, and the installation by OpenNet is hence free (up to the first 15m from where the FO enters your house to its terminal point). I waited for 2.5 weeks for the 1st available slot from OpenNet.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Do you mean if you missed the initial free OpenNet installation you can still subscribe to any FO RSP and they will engage OpenNet to lay the FO FOC for you? Now that seems to be a good deal to me.

May, what drama got yr house?? Me not very active here for the past mths..like missed out a lot things leh..

Channel 8, now showing "don't stop believin". Episode 5 and 8 were filmed at my place for certain scenes.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Do you mean if you missed the initial free OpenNet installation you can still subscribe to any FO RSP and they will engage OpenNet to lay the FO FOC for you? Now that seems to be a good deal to me.

Only certain plans come with free FO installation..mostly those "high end" plans..must check with different telcos/service providers..