Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kalimantan

Logistics To Get Full Grain Leather Sofa

hi folks

In a previous thread, i bought sofaitalia brand of sofa from local retailer from a few years ago. since then, i am still using it without any issue - not even a single tear.

So i kind of believe that it is a good full grain sofa set. Now in singapore, i try to get another one, but could not find it. Similarly the prices of good quality sofa in OTHER branded retailers are expensive.

Recently i search in the internet and manage to contact www.sofaitalia.co.uk. I look at their photos plus configuration - which looks reliable to me. The email is what they reply to me below - fyi

If i buy direct from them, and including logistics, how much do you think it would cost compare to buy direct from singapore retailers (other models).

If you have experiences, please share.

========================================

Hello and thanks for contacting Sofaitalia.co.uk Unfortunately we do not have any retail outlets in Singapore but could potentially export your required sofas direct. If you could let us have thename and configuration of the sofas you require along with your deliverydetails we can supply a price for you. Kind Regards

========================================

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Kalimantan,

The problem with the logistics of bringing in your own furniture is not so much the cost but the risk of damage while in transit because it will be a LCL shipment as there is no way you can fill up a 20ft container on your own unlike the local furniture retailers who consolidate their orders to fill up a 20" & 40" container. I am speaking with some experience as I am indirectly involved in the logistics business because my company supply a key component/equipment to shippers/freight forwarders. Your furniture set will be loaded with other unrelated stuff meant for other consignees into the container and what if it is loaded into a container that is stuffed full of sharp pointy objects that poke holes in your sofa set despite the multiple layers of protective wrapping. Of course you can always recover your loss under the marine insurance policy but that involves a lot of hassle and paperwork.

In spite of the above, I am still keen to shipped in some furniture pieces on my own in the near future but have yet to muster enough motivation to finally do it. You may well have to be the guinea pig (pioneer) in this instance and I will be learning from your experience. :D

Hi Guy

It not a good ideal, if you are end user, is better to buy from local, anything happen to your stuff, the retail shop will hold responsible, and now there a new law protected buyer from the gov sector lemon law. Even if you buy from malaysia is not easy to get settle if there is any problem with your good. That all just from my view

Howdy! One of the key reasons why DHL is the best choice for your shipping and logistics needs is its unmatched reliability. The company understands the importance of delivering safely and on time and has built a strong reputation that consistently exceeds customer expectations. Whether it's a small parcel or a large shipment, it ensures that every delivery is handled with care and delivered to its destination, and if there's a problem, dhl customer service will give you the help you need.