Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SeirenGrey

Finally, Our 愛巢...

haha! shouldn't you be excited about wedding preps too? I don't have that to think about because we're keeping it very very small. So I'm totally restless because I just keep thinking about the house! :P

still eagerly waiting for first appointment!!

HAhahaha more nervous to death than excited actually! I'm VERY excited about the first appointment this Friday though! :sport-smiley-004:

After lurking + surfing around for awhile, we more or less confirmed on getting a contractor instead. Meeting Mr Yeak from Basic Image & Design this Saturday!

Meeting Mr K as well, but he's only free from Dec onwards... :unsure: My wedding is mid-Dec so it's impossible to meet early Dec... meet late Dec also like very rushed because I'm getting my keys in early Jan.. :unsure:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

HAhahaha more nervous to death than excited actually! I'm VERY excited about the first appointment this Friday though! :sport-smiley-004:

After lurking + surfing around for awhile, we more or less confirmed on getting a contractor instead. Meeting Mr Yeak from Basic Image & Design this Saturday!

Meeting Mr K as well, but he's only free from Dec onwards... :unsure: My wedding is mid-Dec so it's impossible to meet early Dec... meet late Dec also like very rushed because I'm getting my keys in early Jan.. :unsure:

Good luck with the selection! Working on the design is keeping me happy right now, while we wait for the key collection in December.

Congrats on your wedding and all! Looking forward to your renovation process! :)

A sofa set which I'm in LOVEEEEE with. I hope it doesn't cost too cut-throat!

311578_210948675697245_374138531_n.jpg

Another sofa set I like! (from CB2, not in Singapore yet LOL)

I like the full glass coffee table too, but my husband doesn't really dig it. :bangwall:

dual-pebble-sectional.jpg

I've realized recently that my husband might NOT like the Scandi-inspired theme I have in mind! But he has not rejected the idea previously leh... he has never said what he liked either, so whether I can still stick to the theme I want is a mystery. :rolleyes:

Edited by SeirenGrey

Good luck with the selection! Working on the design is keeping me happy right now, while we wait for the key collection in December.

Congrats on your wedding and all! Looking forward to your renovation process! :)

Thanks!! Can't wait to see your progress too! :yamseng:

A sofa set which I'm in LOVEEEEE with. I hope it doesn't cost too cut-throat!

311578_210948675697245_374138531_n.jpg

Is it from istill ? I also getting the same sofa set but different design as this one was too big for our house. Will deliver to our place in 2 weeks time ..

Long time no update! :P

Just went for the final inspection yesterday and we're collecting our keys this Friday! *woohoo*

There's a contractor which has pretty okay reviews and fits my budget! However I'm not sure whether his quotation includes everything.

60989_10151626854153569_540246383_n.jpg

Just saying, I outsourced my (overlay) flooring, electricity and painting works so they're not included in the quotation.

Long time no update! :P

Just went for the final inspection yesterday and we're collecting our keys this Friday! *woohoo*

Congrats! Your turn to start renovation soon :)

Happy 2013!

Is it from istill ? I also getting the same sofa set but different design as this one was too big for our house. Will deliver to our place in 2 weeks time ..

Yup! But it's WAY out of our budget... *sigh* ISTILL sofas are so pretty!

Congrats! Your turn to start renovation soon :)

Happy 2013!

Thanks Summer! Glad to see your reno getting on well - can't wait to see the final look! :D

Happy 2013 to you too!

I know this is not encouraged by many people, but we're really on a budget, so I had only three choices:

(1) Sell my kidney to hack and lay flooring for living, bedrooms, toilets and kitchen.

(2) Do overlay for living and bedrooms. Toilets and kitchen to hack and lay.

(3) Toilets and kitchen to hack and lay, and then just stick to the original flooring left by the previous owner.

Out of the 3, #2 seems like the most sensible option. Not that the original flooring is reaaaaally that horrible, but the flooring's really yellowish and I couldn't live with that. :(

And since we're doing overlay, we decided to go for some awesome looking laminate to work towards the scandi-inspired look! Last weekend, we dropped by the Home Planner 2013 exhibition at Expo to take a look and confirmed our flooring supplier. :)

48BB472B-883F-4B4F-A5D1-38BD68871B85-5953-000004A21F13378D.jpg

Wood Culture is a subsidiary of Hafary - which is a 老字号... shouldn't be too bad right? At least won't wind up for the next ten, twenty years can liao.

7B51A044-99DB-4FCB-8A63-7218E5363229-5889-0000049605BD9599.jpg

The designs were really pretty! And could feel that the quality was really good too. Nice and sturdy. The salesperson, Kent, set the sample on fire which shocked the **** out of the kids standing next to us lol. We were only semi-impressed because they weren't the first flooring exhibits we went to, and every person did that fire-setting stunt. XD Before Wood Culture, we went to Kronotex (nice lady!) and Oriqin (never hear before). Both weren't bad actually. The prices were pretty close and the laminate quality weren't very much different too (I'm not an expert la). I guess I'm a sucker because the 'Hafary' name subconsciously won me over plus I already fell in love with one of the planks (hehe). The laminate manufacturer is Berry Floor from Belgium, and it's water-resistant, scratch-proof, and fire-resistant.

I must say that I was also won over by the salesperson, Kent. He wasn't the pushy kind... more like the honest, matter-of-fact type, only that he talks way too fast.

499862CB-6251-4B3C-93FD-F2F265531653-5953-000004A22D9339E1.jpg

He said that he has a client who picked the same design as me and he could bring us over to have a look at the overall feel before we make our final decisions! :)

The colour is Arctic Walnut, and the photo doesn't do justice to the colour. This is from the more expensive range, so I'm only using this range for the living/dining/foyer area. Will pick a different range for bedrooms!

A921575D-2D33-46B8-9179-989D82C9E2CC-5866-00000494FF5DEEFD.jpg

Anyway, I'm pretty happy! :) Total bill is about 6k plus minus for the living + dining + foyer + 3 bedrooms, subject to final measurements.

Edited by SeirenGrey

Okay, I've been getting indicative quotations from contractors and IDs on and off for the past few weeks and they're mostly okay but I'm hoping for costs to go a little lower as I spent an arm and a leg for wedding + cash payments for the resale flat. I've been cutting down a little here and a little there... the 'less important' ones which we could renovate in future instead. Final budget should be about $16k to $18k (without hacking and laying flooring, saved quite alot!). Not doing windows either, using the previous owner's original because they could be replaced at a later stage.

Mr Yeak from Basic Image & Design gave me a quote that pretty much fits my requirements and budget! Will be dropping by his office on Saturday evening for the discussion.

Tomorrow afternoon, I'll be heading down HDB for key collection. We don't really have to be there, but our first home mah... Collect personally got "feel" one. :P

Edited by SeirenGrey

I know this is not encouraged by many people, but we're really on a budget, so I had only three choices:

(1) Sell my kidney to hack and lay flooring for living, bedrooms, toilets and kitchen.

(2) Do overlay for living and bedrooms. Toilets and kitchen to hack and lay.

(3) Toilets and kitchen to hack and lay, and then just stick to the original flooring left by the previous owner.

Out of the 3, #2 seems like the most sensible option. Not that the original flooring is reaaaaally that horrible, but the flooring's really yellowish and I couldn't live with that. :(

And since we're doing overlay, we decided to go for some awesome looking laminate to work towards the scandi-inspired look! Last weekend, we dropped by the Home Planner 2013 exhibition at Expo to take a look and confirmed our flooring supplier. :)

48BB472B-883F-4B4F-A5D1-38BD68871B85-5953-000004A21F13378D.jpg

Wood Culture is a subsidiary of Hafary - which is a 老字号... shouldn't be too bad right? At least won't wind up for the next ten, twenty years can liao.

7B51A044-99DB-4FCB-8A63-7218E5363229-5889-0000049605BD9599.jpg

The designs were really pretty! And could feel that the quality was really good too. Nice and sturdy. The salesperson, Kent, set the sample on fire which shocked the **** out of the kids standing next to us lol. We were only semi-impressed because they weren't the first flooring exhibits we went to, and every person did that fire-setting stunt. XD Before Wood Culture, we went to Kronotex (nice lady!) and Oriqin (never hear before). Both weren't bad actually. The prices were pretty close and the laminate quality weren't very much different too (I'm not an expert la). I guess I'm a sucker because the 'Hafary' name subconsciously won me over plus I already fell in love with one of the planks (hehe). The laminate manufacturer is Berry Floor from Belgium, and it's water-resistant, scratch-proof, and fire-resistant.

I must say that I was also won over by the salesperson, Kent. He wasn't the pushy kind... more like the honest, matter-of-fact type, only that he talks way too fast.

499862CB-6251-4B3C-93FD-F2F265531653-5953-000004A22D9339E1.jpg

He said that he has a client who picked the same design as me and he could bring us over to have a look at the overall feel before we make our final decisions! :)

The colour is Arctic Walnut, and the photo doesn't do justice to the colour. This is from the more expensive range, so I'm only using this range for the living/dining/foyer area. Will pick a different range for bedrooms!

A921575D-2D33-46B8-9179-989D82C9E2CC-5866-00000494FF5DEEFD.jpg

Anyway, I'm pretty happy! :) Total bill is about 6k plus minus for the living + dining + foyer + 3 bedrooms, subject to final measurements.

For that price, should consider HERF (high end resilience floor) which is 100% waterproof.

For that price, should consider HERF (high end resilience floor) which is 100% waterproof.

I opted for the most high-end range of the Berry flooring, therefore the price.

I do know of HERF but I like the feel of the Berry laminates... heard Quick Step is good too but no chance to go look see.

I got HERF from evorich ... As I need water resistant feature with my dogs urine on the floor everyday

HERF and many laminate floorings are water resistant!

I think HERF is actually 100% waterproof though. :)