Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SeirenGrey

Finally, Our 愛巢...

Finally 修成正果 and got married this year after 10 years of dating (ROM liao, wedding banquet this December)! I always tell my hubby that I from 草莓 wait until become 酸梅... :bleah:

And with marriage comes with a home! Actually we have been bidding for a BTO for the past few years but to no avail... then we decided not to wait anymore and purchased a 5-room resale flat in Boon Lay. I think we viewed more than 20 units before coming to a conclusion, but house shopping was pretty fun! We found a unit which was perfect... near MRT, amenities, high floor, non-west facing and with a slightly (ONLY slightly) less cut-throat COV. Space is good too, at 111 sqm.

ivfoqr.png

I liked the fact that the dining area is separate from the living area, mostly, and the bedrooms are quite huge as compared to the rest we've seen. Living room is a little small, but I can accept. :jammin:

Did an agak-agak 3D floor plan with floorplanner.com! Chin chai chin chai do first, because it looks fun! Dunno my space planning works or not... :sport-smiley-018: The 'Office' is a temporary thing because it'll be used for our future child's room. Nothing to put there for the moment, so will be using it as a makeshift office. The entertainment room is of course... purely for entertainment! Intending to do half glass walls to make it see-thru and create an illusion of (more) space.

2e17s7p.jpg

I don't have a particular theme in mind yet, but generally I like clean cut lines and simplicity... and lots of woody things. Not alot of $$ to do renovation because I'm not taking a reno loan... :no: Going to grit our teeth and not get into even more debts! Scandinavian-inspired theme, perhaps? Currently reading reviews and t-blogs about various IDs/contractors (considering both) in Renotalk, and they have been very useful for me thus far! Thanks all for sharing! :yamseng:

Current status, exercising OTP tomorrow and going for our first appointment some time in November. Will not make it for CNY, but we don't mind. :good:

Edited by SeirenGrey

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

PROJECT TIMELINE

17 Sep '12 - Sign OTP

27 Sep '12 - Exercise OTP

23 Nov '12 - 1st HDB Appointment

1 Jan '13 - Final Inspection

4 Jan '13 - 2nd HDB Appointment/Key Collection

27 Jan '13 - Signed the dotted line with ID!

3rd Feb '13 - Picking out tiles!

4th Feb '13 - Turning on of electricity and water supply

5th to 7th Feb '13 - Hacking of toilets and kitchen tiles

15th Feb '13 - Resumes reno works after CNY

16th Feb '13 - Purchased 52" Sharp TV for living and 39" Sharp TV for MBR

17th Feb '13 - Purchased sofa at Courts Toa Payoh

Edited by SeirenGrey

Shortlisted IDs/Contractors

1. Darren, Plush Living (because my bestie is using this ID and she's quite happy so far!)

2. Henry, ID Note (good reviews!)

3. Roy Tan, IR Design (good reviews plus I have friend(s) who engaged him before)

4. Jimmy Tan, 3D Innovations (good reviews!)

5. Mr. K (because I'm very impressed by pinkwhale's and paloma's house XD)

6. Contractor recommended by my mum who did my ex-neighbour's house quite nicely

7. Mr Yeak, Basic Image & Design (added on 29/9; reviews good too, and I need more contractor options!)

8. Mr Chong, Chng Png Guan Renovation (added on 29/9; another contractor)

Ultimately I think it's the chemistry that is most important... I live on gut feel (and lead a dangerous life). Will probably start talking to some next week or next next week. I'm not sure if I'm too kiasu, but early is always better than late!

:notti:

Edited by SeirenGrey

Finally 修成正果 and got married this year after 10 years of dating (ROM liao, wedding banquet this December)! I always tell my hubby that I from 草莓 wait until become 酸梅... :bleah:

And with marriage comes with a home! Actually we have been bidding for a BTO for the past few years but to no avail... then we decided not to wait anymore and purchased a 5-room resale flat in Boon Lay. I think we viewed more than 20 units before coming to a conclusion, but house shopping was pretty fun! We found a unit which was perfect... near MRT, amenities, high floor, non-west facing and with a slightly (ONLY slightly) less cut-throat COV. Space is good too, at 111 sqm.

ivfoqr.png

I liked the fact that the dining area is separate from the living area, mostly, and the bedrooms are quite huge as compared to the rest we've seen. Living room is a little small, but I can accept. :jammin:

Did an agak-agak 3D floor plan with floorplanner.com! Chin chai chin chai do first, because it looks fun! Dunno my space planning works or not... :sport-smiley-018: The 'Office' is a temporary thing because it'll be used for our future child's room. Nothing to put there for the moment, so will be using it as a makeshift office. The entertainment room is of course... purely for entertainment! Intending to do half glass walls to make it see-thru and create an illusion of (more) space.

2e17s7p.jpg

I don't have a particular theme in mind yet, but generally I like clean cut lines and simplicity... and lots of woody things. Not alot of $$ to do renovation because I'm not taking a reno loan... :no: Going to grit our teeth and not get into even more debts! Scandinavian-inspired theme, perhaps? Currently reading reviews and t-blogs about various IDs/contractors (considering both) in Renotalk, and they have been very useful for me thus far! Thanks all for sharing! :yamseng:

Current status, exercising OTP tomorrow and going for our first appointment some time in November. Will not make it for CNY, but we don't mind. :good:

Hi

How much did you pay for COV? COV is on decreasing trend?

Not really on decreasing trend I guess... the initial offer was about 50k and we haggled for a lower price. It met my budget of 35k. It's quite worth it, being on a high floor and in good condition. :dancingqueen:

Not really on decreasing trend I guess... the initial offer was about 50k and we haggled for a lower price. It met my budget of 35k. It's quite worth it, being on a high floor and in good condition. :dancingqueen:

Wow! $35K COV for high floor is hard to come by...Congrats. :yamseng:

35k COV is very good leh especially for a 5room flat that is near mrt and high floor. so its on decreasing trend lah.... Congrats!!

SeirenGrey, I also got our place with 35K COV ... looked like u also into scandinavian theme, looking forward to see more pics.

I going to get our key end of next month then will start our reno ... count down now : )

Btw, what is ur budget of reno? I met Jimmy before and he was not bad, quite keen to work with him but we have already confirmed another contractor ...

I love the scandinavian/swedish design concept too! You can check out my t-blog if you want more IDs to visit!

My first appointment is also in November! Was hoping to move in before CNY next year, but you're right, it's highly unlikely.

Congrats on your home and post more pics of the process :D

Edited by summersann