Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
summersann

The Experience: Our First Home

I was thinking hard for a long time whether to engage one anot.

Guess it's more for a peace of mind to have one.

Now I am praying hard there won"t be lots of surprise or amendment required. Fingers crossed.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I was thinking hard for a long time whether to engage one anot.

Guess it's more for a peace of mind to have one.

Now I am praying hard there won"t be lots of surprise or amendment required. Fingers crossed.

Yeah, understand. It can be quite daunting thinking of engaging a contractor, especially if you're planning to do a lot. At least that was the same consideration for us, haha :P

All the best with your renovation! :)

Finally! HDB replies and says that hacking of the last wall is approved. No need for PE endorsement, yay!

Looks like it really does help to call in ourselves to make some noise :P also helps that our ID worked fast and submitted the detailed drawings for the technical department the day they asked for it.

May everything continue smoothly!

Congrats summersann. :dancingqueen:

Hello :)

Our renovation's final quote... I think it will eventually come up to about 93k. It's 90k now, not inclusive of air-con and some other small things.

Don't have any 3Ds to show because my ID draws and colors details by hand, and will only release the drawings after the renovation is done.

I hate it when there are standstills. Can imagine what you must be feeling. All the best with your renovation and hope everything flows smoothly! :)

Wow! $93K renovation. :jawdrop: Looking forward for the transformation. :sport-smiley-004:

Congrats summersann. :dancingqueen:

Wow! $93K renovation. :jawdrop: Looking forward for the transformation. :sport-smiley-004:

Thanks Happy Ang! :)

And yeah, tell me about it. Our savings will be completely wiped out. Totally going to just eat bread for the next year or so after renovation :bangwall:

Thanks Happy Ang! :)

And yeah, tell me about it. Our savings will be completely wiped out. Totally going to just eat bread for the next year or so after renovation :bangwall:

Same same, saving gonna reset to ZERO soon. We are trying to control of not having too many additional renovation work, on the spending of the furniture and electrical appliances.

Ha..ha.. After renovation, we can eat bread liao. :bangwall:

Same same, saving gonna reset to ZERO soon. We are trying to control of not having too many additional renovation work, on the spending of the furniture and electrical appliances.

Ha..ha.. After renovation, we can eat bread liao. :bangwall:

Hahaha, on the bright side, bread's not too bad la. Can spread nutella/peanut butter/jam :sport-smiley-004:

Hope your renovation goes smoothly! Then it'll all be worth it :)

93k include electrical and air con?

Yup! I'm trying to console/deceive myself that it's not too bad because it includes electrical and aircon. Hahaha. Come to think of it, it won't be 93. Haven't added the blum stuff. So it's around 94 :bangwall:

Hahaha, on the bright side, bread's not too bad la. Can spread nutella/peanut butter/jam :sport-smiley-004:

Hope your renovation goes smoothly! Then it'll all be worth it :)

Thanx summersann. U too, smooth renovation. Ha..ha.. Think I can only eat roti kosong.. :P

Yup! I'm trying to console/deceive myself that it's not too bad because it includes electrical and aircon. Hahaha. Come to think of it, it won't be 93. Haven't added the blum stuff. So it's around 94 :bangwall:

Wow! Reaching six figure soon. :bow:

Hello :)

Our renovation's final quote... I think it will eventually come up to about 93k. It's 90k now, not inclusive of air-con and some other small things.

Don't have any 3Ds to show because my ID draws and colors details by hand, and will only release the drawings after the renovation is done.

I hate it when there are standstills. Can imagine what you must be feeling. All the best with your renovation and hope everything flows smoothly! :)

That's alot! :jawdrop: Mine probably only about $20k! muahhahahahahha *budget*

Then it's still not too bad...at least electrical and aircon are in.

Mine without all these is 84k now.

Damm worried after FS audit, it might increase. :dunno:

That's alot! :jawdrop: Mine probably only about $20k! muahhahahahahha *budget*

Yah, tell me about it :bangwall:

We're consoling ourselves with the thought that we're not going to move anymore, so we'll do up the place and live in it for good. Unless we get chased out zz

I don't dare to think for my Reno... *cold sweat*

Have you decided on your ID yet? We are also a couple moving into our EM with our dog (and cat, guinea pigs and hamsters)! :D

Be prepared to get most quotations around 70-90k. Unless you're doing minimal changes or going straight to a contractor, then I don't know :P