Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
summersann

The Experience: Our First Home

IMG_0376_zpsb9167888.jpg

The wall (among others), soon to be taken down.

IMG_0359_zps9574fab1.jpg

The view.

Spent about an hour after key collection today, taking pictures of the place before renovation starts tomorrow, and watching the designer and site manager mark the things to be removed/retained. It was quite exciting, hearing the designer go, "this one, don't want.", "this one, hack.", "this one, remove.", all over the house :D

May everything go smoothly! :thumbs up:

Looking forward to your open concept kitchen.

By the way, will you be building roof or leave it open for your balcony?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Looking forward to your open concept kitchen.

By the way, will you be building roof or leave it open for your balcony?

Open, definitely! :)

I'm looking forward to my open concept too! May it not disappoint me :P

Still waiting for HDB person to approve the last request. He's giving my designer headache and taking his sweet time to decide if it's "safe" to have a window opening (facing the stairs) for our new master bedroom on level 2.

fingers crossed!

Still waiting for HDB person to approve the last request. He's giving my designer headache and taking his sweet time to decide if it's "safe" to have a window opening (facing the stairs) for our new master bedroom on level 2.

fingers crossed!

Hope HDB officer can approve your request. Gd luck! :yamseng:

fingers crossed!

U gotta chase n pester the HDB technical officer who is dealing wif ur permit. When owner calls, will put in more weight. Call n email them to expedite the application.

Thank you HappyAng, Onn and May_dream1! :D

And thank you Rover for the advice! Asked the designer to pass us the HDB officer's contact number. They passed it to us, and told us that they'll continue to try on their side first to expedite the approval, but will let us know if they need us to push the officer. Haha :thumbs up:

Went down today to have the groundbreaking ceremony with the parents. The materials, workers and site manager were already there, spreading the protective covering and etc.

IMG_0383_zps1eee5b19.jpg

It was quite exciting to see all the materials!

IMG_0387_zps4327a97e.jpg

IMG_0385_zps92fadc6f.jpg

Work begins!

IMG_0386_zps1cd1b795.jpg

SP services begin too :deal:

Left the place after a few minutes. Felt like we were getting in the way :P Shall go down soon to take a look at the progress and maybe take some photos of the "wreckage" :D

IMG_0391_zps81f5fa1e.jpg

Got a little too excited and bought some pots and cups today because of Christmas sales everywhere :o

Did the same at Muji.

We're going to run out of space storing these things :dancingqueen:

Found a picture while browsing on the web, and realized that it quite resembled our current kitchen idea. Minus the long metal cabinet handles, metal countertop, the hood and the top cabinets. At least now I have something to help me visualize things :)

ourkitchen_zpsb4a60ffc.jpg

Found a picture of our tile from the supplier's website! At least I think this is the right tile :unsure:

Screenshot2012-12-21atPM085119_zpsa6f94e8a.png

Ours is a slightly greyish white shade.

Edited by summersann

Which BMS pot did you buy? I was tempted to buy one for cooking noodles...

We got the pasta pot, the 10-cup pot, and the 8-cup pot with a long handle :) it's on 20% sale at Taka now.

Went down to the place today to take a look at the progress.

IMG_0404_zps50747c04.jpg

All hacked!

IMG_0409_zps8981084e.jpg

New master bedroom taking shape :)

On a less happy note: HDB officer is asking for PE endorsement for the windows that we want to install in the bedroom wall facing the stairs. Called and tried to reason with him. He says he'll check with his coordinator again and get back to us on Wednesday :furious:

IMG_0411_zpsbc4df088.jpg

Hope the work continues to stay on track!

Went shopping for some furniture after.

IMG_0414_zps5d9d9dfd.jpg

Bought ourselves the sofa that I was eyeing a while ago. It happened to be on sale this week, till the end of the year. At least some things are going well for us :P

Edited by summersann