Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chezph

Supreme Queen House

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

813B2F87-F16C-47F2-AD5A-BFA4250049D5-1202-000000C7C57BDC02_zps84515cba.jpg

B9D6A853-D8D9-46CB-BDE9-840747FB3D84-1202-000000C7C1664287_zps028a927a.jpg

Tiles choosen for living room $4 psf..

Resembles marble? Love the whiteness..

Some $3++ is greyish white..

To have wood skirting, I need to top up $300-400.. Worth it? I can't stand the look of tile skirting but it's free.

Contractor quoted me $15 psf I think? Hmmmm. Unreasonable pls shout to me! But I think it shd be standard rate? :)

On second thoughts after the real thing is out, our chosen tile seem to lack the "greyish" lines, "too white".. Should have pick the more obvious tiles. There's actually alot of varieties. But ok lah.. Not too bad afterall !

243CE45B-33EF-451D-8D44-EA5059872B6D-341-00000049A433EB7F_zps3641793a.jpg

This was the tiles chosen for toilet. I did a seating area near the toilet...

However, when I visit yesterday the tiles are done... I duno if I shd applaud the creativity ?

FDE84310-AB3B-4370-A19E-DE880AF195C9-341-00000049A00CB921_zpsfd03ecf3.jpg

It was v pretty afterall. Workmanship I world give 85/100.. Few tiles are not straight and some similar colors are join together .. Not evenly spread..

After calculating, I should have one spare (I was told tobout 5 pc at $18 each)..

Wonder where my spare pc goes as I can't see it at the site :/

which tiles appear nicer? But I must say the done up tiles look prettier in cOlor then what I posted. Cux it's raining and dark, so I took pic with flash.

My house is almost done. I must say its very very nice. I think the way I plan my bedroom (space planning) is perfect for myself and I'm v pleased!

- dressing table build near toilet (I need wash hands during putting on make up)

- whole row of wardrobe for myself which I think is big enough for me. I've a lot of clothes.

- a smaller row for htb. Just nice he don't need too much space.

- dressing table is not worth it to Built in, hence I combine this with my bedroom tv console (so that I don't feel the pinch) one side is dressing table ; the back is used as tv console. The DVD and Scv box will be hidden in the dressing table drawers (as I don't need drawers for dressing table. I have a separate cupboard for that.)

- bed is king size round bed. There's a lot of Walking space as I shift the dressing table/tv console 30cm further back.

- room look big as I try not to separate the room into 2: wardrobe room + bedroom yet there is clear partition.

For my living room, htb insist on the layout of sofa. He wants to be able to view the main door while watching tv. Most neighbors do it facing back.

Kitchen: cut cost, we only do L shape. Anyway it's super tiny we cannot really do the another side. If done, need to do very thin cupboards at the same.

Things I'm not happy:

V ugly air con pipe. I was really upset.. Though I read a lot on renoblog, I didn't bother about it cux I thought gain city and my contractor around should be ok. End up pipes are running all over my pretty bedroom and it's such an eyesore.

I thought that's the best way as contractor and gain city agree... But when I see some creative post by neighbors on fb, realized it can be done better!

And my Aircon should place above my toilet door as it not only looks better, it's nearer to my wardrobe area ...

Living room cabinets are v nice, but sad to say .. It's different from my design which I requested. Don't ask me why, I got nO idea!!!

But it look nice too, though my original is nicer ( but complicated as I make some request to it) so I think the contractors just "make things simple for me"

He said if i don't like it, he can re-do for me.. But I guess I just accept the already very nice cabinets ba.

Workmanship by the 2 workers - perfect. My contractor puts 2 very experience old shi fu to do up all my cabinets. Fine workmanship, I can't find any flaw. Cupboards are neat, all close well, very delicate finishing. And their aesthetic is good. Maybe is my contractor effort. U know when u choose laminate, and roughly say the layout u want, u just gotta trust them with the overall outlook. And I must say its better than what I expect! The whole wardrobe looks very classic.

Contractor is able to give me some advice on choosing laminate ... Almost all are carefully chosen by me. I went down to lamitak office to collect the big size

Sample to be sure... Collected a lot! HAHHAHA .. And I never regret any piece.but luckily my contractor told me I should keep my wardrobe one color. (I combine with white print).. He say my brown laminate is leathery, not nice with the white leathery print. It's true on second thought.

Now I have a very classic wardrobe!

Some hiccups:

Kitchen:

Dunno why my kitchen quartz top need to be 4cm (instead of 2cm) due to they make the cupboard too thick at the top. So need 4 cm quartz top to cover. Tiny mistake.. But I'm ok.

Dish rack: I asked for laminate (not frosted glass) but frosted glass was done.. And luckily! It turn out v nice! Cuz he didn't do whole frosted glass, it's with laminate border.

He suggested gloss white laminate but I prefer Matt. Now I regret. Haha.

Waiting for my pink backsplash :-)

And the skirting for living room tiles, I wanted dark walnut color, but lighter shade was done... So he said he can paint dark for me if I want. But light turn out prettier as it match my doors! Lol...

Shall post more later... Gg bathe now :-)

My house is almost done. I must say its very very nice. I think the way I plan my bedroom (space planning) is perfect for myself and I'm v pleased!

- dressing table build near toilet (I need wash hands during putting on make up)

- whole row of wardrobe for myself which I think is big enough for me. I've a lot of clothes.

- a smaller row for htb. Just nice he don't need too much space.

- dressing table is not worth it to Built in, hence I combine this with my bedroom tv console (so that I don't feel the pinch) one side is dressing table ; the back is used as tv console. The DVD and Scv box will be hidden in the dressing table drawers (as I don't need drawers for dressing table. I have a separate cupboard for that.)

- bed is king size round bed. There's a lot of Walking space as I shift the dressing table/tv console 30cm further back.

- room look big as I try not to separate the room into 2: wardrobe room + bedroom yet there is clear partition.

For my living room, htb insist on the layout of sofa. He wants to be able to view the main door while watching tv. Most neighbors do it facing back.

Kitchen: cut cost, we only do L shape. Anyway it's super tiny we cannot really do the another side. If done, need to do very thin cupboards at the same.

Things I'm not happy:

V ugly air con pipe. I was really upset.. Though I read a lot on renoblog, I didn't bother about it cux I thought gain city and my contractor around should be ok. End up pipes are running all over my pretty bedroom and it's such an eyesore.

I thought that's the best way as contractor and gain city agree... But when I see some creative post by neighbors on fb, realized it can be done better!

And my Aircon should place above my toilet door as it not only looks better, it's nearer to my wardrobe area ...

Living room cabinets are v nice, but sad to say .. It's different from my design which I requested. Don't ask me why, I got nO idea!!!

But it look nice too, though my original is nicer ( but complicated as I make some request to it) so I think the contractors just "make things simple for me"

He said if i don't like it, he can re-do for me.. But I guess I just accept the already very nice cabinets ba.

Workmanship by the 2 workers - perfect. My contractor puts 2 very experience old shi fu to do up all my cabinets. Fine workmanship, I can't find any flaw. Cupboards are neat, all close well, very delicate finishing. And their aesthetic is good. Maybe is my contractor effort. U know when u choose laminate, and roughly say the layout u want, u just gotta trust them with the overall outlook. And I must say its better than what I expect! The whole wardrobe looks very classic.

Contractor is able to give me some advice on choosing laminate ... Almost all are carefully chosen by me. I went down to lamitak office to collect the big size

Sample to be sure... Collected a lot! HAHHAHA .. And I never regret any piece.but luckily my contractor told me I should keep my wardrobe one color. (I combine with white print).. He say my brown laminate is leathery, not nice with the white leathery print. It's true on second thought.

Now I have a very classic wardrobe!

Some hiccups:

Kitchen:

Dunno why my kitchen quartz top need to be 4cm (instead of 2cm) due to they make the cupboard too thick at the top. So need 4 cm quartz top to cover. Tiny mistake.. But I'm ok.

Dish rack: I asked for laminate (not frosted glass) but frosted glass was done.. And luckily! It turn out v nice! Cuz he didn't do whole frosted glass, it's with laminate border.

He suggested gloss white laminate but I prefer Matt. Now I regret. Haha.

Waiting for my pink backsplash :-)

And the skirting for living room tiles, I wanted dark walnut color, but lighter shade was done... So he said he can paint dark for me if I want. But light turn out prettier as it match my doors! Lol...

Shall post more later... Gg bathe now :-)

Pink Backsplash! Really unique to have in pink...Can't wait to see the pictures!! I am thinking of purple though hehehehe

73A6D057-98D0-4C2D-BAB9-BE719828333E-1294-000001018694B341_zpsdc98593c.jpg

My half done mbr toilet vanity.

Wanted the typical hotel style - dark brown cabinet and white porcelain squarish basin but htb don't like.

So I pick something white, marble lookalike.. Gloss... With a gold basin which we bought... And simple big mirror.

We keep it simple, hoping the cost will be lower !

0D306214-E429-4A4B-BD5C-4636DA42A720-1294-0000010541A92CC4_zpsca6f1fa9.jpg

The bed is not centralized as it is too heavy to push .. Haha... We going to pick a dark color behind the bed.. For the wall.. Likely to be the Nippon momento series - night aura ( greenish dark bronze)

Actually I already bought the color "soft luxury" - its a pink texture Nippon momento paint .. But I regret .. As pink, orange , yellow wall.... Too colorful?!

My idea is to have 2 standing lamp to be added on. Will make my round bed prettier :-) don't ask me why I pick orange bed!!! Cuz it's on promo set. I would prefer the dark blue bed. Sigh. It's sold.