Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Piggicia

Suicide In My Unit

What should I do?

Found out today the previous owner left the house vacant for last 20yrs n his wife jumped off the balcony.

He lied to us n his agent that he moved out a couple of years ago n rented the place out.

At a lost coz I'm totally not comfortable with this new information. I'm not saying that there are ghosts in there but I am scared n angry. Reno started after 1st appointment. Stuck with the house. Would appreciate some advice.

Edited by Piggicia

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

What should I do?

Found out today the previous owner left the house vacant for last 20yrs n his wife jumped off the balcony.

He lied to us n his agent that he moved out a couple of years ago n rented the place out.

At a lost coz I'm totally not comfortable with this new information. I'm not saying that there are ghosts in there but I am scared n angry. Reno started after 1st appointment. Stuck with the house. Would appreciate some advice. Email me at phylicia_yang@yahoo.com if u have any personal experience or advice to share. Thanks.

Hey piggicia, since you had already bought the unit, till no choice just moved it in. Not sure what religion that you believe in, you can actually get someone in to chant prayers in your house. In fact I believe ghostly things is in everywhere de, even u buy a brand new unit also will kana. Like I bought a unit directly from hdb, the unit was vacant for 4 yrs before we moved in, so we believe the spirits was already there Liao... Think the house fengshui like no good, we always quarrel over slightest things and worse when I gave birth 3 yrs later after staying there, my son can sense things not right in the house. First is he will wan go and play in the living room at midnight when he had turned almost one, then sometimes he will cry if I leave him alone in the living room to play. So far I had not personally had close encounter at this house,bt my maid ever saw shadows in the kitchen....dun worry too much k, it is very common one de, just move on amd you be happy ya....:)

Be factual that human bodies died everywhere, every corners on this planet, for whatsoever "reasons". Space/place/human overlap, time different.

Same place, same spot, different bodies died, and the forth coming will be the same. Thousand, hundred, ten, one yrs ago or "down the road " in future, same thing repeats - as sure as the sun will rise from the east tmr. Hospital beds,OT, prison execution rm- just typical exmples.

Look at Bishan, now is a residential "hot potato", previously? Upper Changi? Present's Casa Merah condo? Where all the "dead" ppl lived. So? Everyday, your foots stepped over the places where the "dead" bodies had laid before, it is just that "you don't know".

"Don't know" equates to no such thing has had happened? Try erase the "known" becoming "don't know" make life earlier. Closed your eye, talk to her you intend to "forget" her, ask for her excuse.

I'm not particularly scared about the spirits. I'm just thinking that I'm being cheated. Money aside, we were really happy initially but now I find it impossible to accept it. My 2nd appt is in end nov. Reno started now I'm feeling so stuck n cheated. We hv 2 young kids. I dun feel comfortable. We bought the place for the balcony. The lies are just too much..

i'm just not feeling comfortable enough to live in that house. to think that i paid a crazy amount of money and was lied n cheated. i am not talking about the spirits etc. i'm not worried about the ghost.

let me ask u, would u buy a house like this? the owner deliberately concealed information and made 600K from me. To think since the house must have insurance and upon death the house will be fully paid for. i feel uncomfy and last night kept imagining seeing somebody jump off the balcony.

i really dunno how to move on or move in. i dunno what to do. =(

Piggicia, if i were you, i'd feel the same. No one will feel comfortable staying in such house. Especially when it is made known to you. For natural death cases i still can accept.

i'm just not feeling comfortable enough to live in that house. to think that i paid a crazy amount of money and was lied n cheated. i am not talking about the spirits etc. i'm not worried about the ghost.

let me ask u, would u buy a house like this? the owner deliberately concealed information and made 600K from me. To think since the house must have insurance and upon death the house will be fully paid for. i feel uncomfy and last night kept imagining seeing somebody jump off the balcony.

I can understand how you feel. Nobody will want to spend on a house where there were history behind it, especially hide it on purpose. If the history was made known upfront, I think its from both willing parties.

I think if you really can't accept it, its either to move somewhere then once reached MOP then sell it away. Else, let it go, think of the positive side n move on.

Wow, you mean you paid COV 600k ?

Transacted price is 616k including 53k cov. Wife died insurance paid for house already what.

Thanks all, I know. It's just a mental block that I need to pass on my own. We are going to discuss our options with the owner tmr.

If it was made known to me from the beginning, I will then have the choice to choose to buy or not. But now I'm stuck.

You got asked them first? if got asked and they dint tell you definately is their fault.

If never ask but your agent know n never tell you think you can take action against your agent.

Maybe you wan call CEA for help. www.cea.gov.sg

Personally feel that nothing to do if the house has been paid fully by ex owner thru insurance etc. they sell based on market price. In fact their asking COV for current market is considered quite ok for EM. I have recently viewed several units in the west and north west areas. Most asking COV are above 80-100k+

Since you have stated not bothered by ghosts spirits then just move in. Sell away once fulfill MOP.

Like forumer said, did u ask them first before exercise OTP?

Just to add.. Insurance may not cover suicide case .

Edited by spikedoll

Wah Lau Eh....just consult a conveyancing lawyer and see what your options la.....See got loopholes to blow the deal under non-disclosure. If cannot fling deal....bo pian lo

Get one of those FSM with the 'third eye' to have a look at your place. If need be, get someone to do prayers to cleanse the place. Good for peace of mind whether you believe in such things or not. Reno has started so I m doubtful you can back out now. Get the FSM over asap in case need to rectify the design to counter negative chi. Even tho my place don't have such history, I also got a FSM to see cos it is a resale. Again, whether I truly believe in fengshui or not, it was good for peace of mind.

At minimum, I will advise no dark colors or corners... Even if there is nothing detected, not good to have a dark house given your knowledge of the incident. You know what I mean right? Some houses are just dark and dingy as part of the intended design. Super creepy during 7th month IMO.

Transacted price is 616k including 53k cov. Wife died insurance paid for house already what.

Thanks all, I know. It's just a mental block that I need to pass on my own. We are going to discuss our options with the owner tmr.

If it was made known to me from the beginning, I will then have the choice to choose to buy or not. But now I'm stuck.

Aiyo....I will try all resources.....try hdb, try MP, try lawyer....if heart not comfortable, how to livezzzz