Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

My existing flat has that living room parquet ... But we just sold our unit .. I believe we r same blk neighbor cuz I pass by your unit before .. Super nice unit!!!

U got a great deal. Location is fantastic .. Walk 3-4 min to mrt. But yet quiet surrounding.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Purchases... @ Hoe Kee Hardware Pte Ltd

I decided to buy the following items from a neighbourhood hardware store due to design and cost:

* 2x bidets

* 2x bidet taps

* tap for washing machine

Purchase_HoeKee_1.png

How much did all of these cost?

it's be quite a while since i update this thread... been really busy and also becos the reno was delayed due to the lengthy procedures required by HDB for changing the full-height windows **** room :~

btw, we had to fork out another $2.5k to engage a PE to help us do the drawings with is "chop" and get BCA's approval for the new windows's design/specs.

my new windows... notice that i've made the following changes:

* gotten rid of all the small top hung sections at the top (original HDB windows' design)

* bedrooms 2 & 3 now have casement windows (without top hung section) instead of sliding windows (original HDB windows' design)

at the kitchen & service balcony:

kitchen4.jpg

at the master bedroom: double glazed window to keep the aircon compressor's running noise out

(the other casement window not shown)

notice that i've gotten the a/c piping to run at the top, skirting the ceiling (previously running below as most installers would do). they look so much nicer and do not obstruct furniture placements.

660007.jpg

at bedroom 2: sliding windows changed to casement windows

i've converted this room into a study room with a huge 11+" long wardrobe :D

660013.jpg

at bedroom 3: sliding windows changed to casement windows

660015.jpg

Edited by josephsbs

glass doors... :dribble:

entrance to kitchen: mainly to keep the living room cool when a/c is running

* i'm still thinking of whether (and what) to paste on the glass panels to prevent pp from walking into the transparent glass panels.

* did you notice that a/c piping is not visible? yup, the pipes run straight thru' the wall and inside the room behind it. swee swee.

660006.jpg

entrance to master bathroom:

the door is of clear glass instead of frosted (heard that it is harder to maintain), with stickers pasted to provide the privacy. hey! i can change design whenever i feel like it.

660008.jpg

inside master bathroom:

* the tiles... i simply love them!!!

it was like "we've gotta get them" when i saw them at Sim Bee Huat; both my wifey and myself think alike on these tiles.

* you don't see the pipes (for hot & cold water) to the rain shower right? that's becos they're running on the other side of the wall (in common bathroom). yes, the storage heater is also mounted in the common toilet.

660010.jpg

Edited by josephsbs

my very simple "no frills" kitchen:
* long bottom cabinet with Caesarstone quartz top
* Rinnai hood and hob
* under mount sink
660016.jpg

master bathroom vanity: simple & functional
660009.jpg

common bathroom WC and wall/floor tiles:
* the door is a simple aluminium bi-fold door
660018.jpg

on the left wash basin, there shall be a tall storage cabinet (from IKEA), but not yet decided whether it should have a mirror or not.
commonbathroomcabinet.jpg

above the wash basin, there shall be a simple, nice and cheap mirror, also from IKEA:
ekne-mirror__0119705_PE276137_S4.JPG

Edited by josephsbs

My new house is casement window,full height.. I'm trying to change to sliding as I very much prefer sliding ..

Haha

We are opposite..

My new house is casement window,full height.. I'm trying to change to sliding as I very much prefer sliding ..

Haha

We are opposite..

haha yalo

some pp like sweet durians, some like them bitter, while some don't even dare go near... each or us have our own preferences ba :good:

how new is your unit?

if your unit is handed over by HDB after 1 Jul 2007, then you can't change from casement to sliding le... new rule says change has to be of same type, design and colour scheme. i.e. casement to casement, sliding to sliding. see my post #14 and HDB website.

your contractor may say can and no problem, but when things go wrong, it is the home owner that's responsible, not the contractor.

My unit is new flat .. I have a tblog too..

I definitely can't change. Sigh.

I love sliding window..

Anyway my windows are a lot and huge.. Changing will cost a bomb!

Sliding is good as I don't Need to open all windows anyway, I'm lazy to open casement. Plus my new flat is very high rise, is quite scary to open the window using casement.. Without grille...

Arrghh!

It's been a long time since I last updated this blog... here're some photos ^_^

Main gate...

I saw this gate design at my brother's block (one of his neighbors) and like it very much. After considering whether it could fit with my reno "theme", decided to snap a shot and asked my contractor to make it happen... no regrets :good:

MainDoor_zpsf750559d.jpg

Living room...

Wallpaper installers just got the "stone walls" done up this afternoon.
Those who have visited The Wall Story, you'ld probably find the stone wall familiar... cos it's from them smile.gif
IMG_2142640x480_zps84fe37e3.jpg
Still looking for a suitable/matching TV console and the 5.1 sound system not up yet.
Got myself a Philips HTS5583 5.1 3D Blu-ray HTS.
Philips_HTS5583-02.jpg

Big clock and nostalgic wall lamp to enhance the feel I wanted
IMG_2145640x480_zpsb2481746.jpg

Simply love the feel of the cozy corner... guess I'll be lazing around the platform quite often ^_^
IMG_2153640x480_zps01855c7f.jpg

Dining area: it's a real pity the mirror could not be of 1 single piece; contractor said can't make it into the lift and house... sigh
IMG_2149640x480_zps86558c0d.jpg

Edited by josephsbs

The Rooms...

Master Bedroom has 2 walls with wallpaper (also done this afternoon).

Yup, also from The Wall Story.

I've postponed the deliver for our King-sized bed so that the workers have more working space; means our bed will come only after CNY... sigh

IMG_2151640x480_zpsc6f70457.jpg

IMG_2152480x640_zps5b388894.jpg

Wardrobe cum working room... we've converted a room to house a 11+ feet long built-in wardrobe and remaining space will be used as working room.

IMG_2154640x480_zps3ab7d446.jpg

IMG_2155640x480_zps1d681630.jpg

Will be buying this table to add into the working room ^_^

galant-desk-combination__0105610_PE253062_S4.JPG

Edited by josephsbs

The Kitchen...

Simple layout... long and straight.
Decided to keep it simple with only the bottom cabinet.
At the end of the kitchen (service balcony), I have a LG WFT9561DD (9.5kg) top load washing machine to serve my laundry needs. Actually wanted a front load but wifey prefers a top load tongue.gif
IMG_2157640x480_zps76577e44.jpg
medium01.jpg

IMG_2158640x480_zpsd49a98c4.jpg
At this end, we have a Panasonic NR-BY602 2 door fridge; we thought the bottom freezer serves us better since we'll be using it less often.

4funtions.jpg

At the top right corner of the bomb shelter's door is a KDK M40CS 16" wall fan to provide some airflow when it gets warm in the kitchen. If you're also thinking of having a wall fan, my recommendation is to get your contractor to install a built-in wall switch (like those you use to switch on your lights) at a convenient spot and control the fan from there instead of using a remote; I have mine installed next to the switch for hood. 1stly, we don't have to keep the power on all the time; 2ndly don't have to worry about losing the remote control; 3rdly more cool than the normal electric socket; 4thly the fan is cheaper tongue.gif

When I saw the kettle, immediately decided to buy it cos it has got orange color sections on it, very matching with my bottom cabinet... hahahaha.
In fact, we're considering whether to buy the orange series of Meyer cookware. But quite worried that the orange color paintwork will come off in short time.

Service balcony... due to its long-n-narrow layout, my bamboo sticks could only be about 2.05m long, unless if we want to hand them along with the kitchen's length... no no tongue.gif
IMG_2159480x640_zps9e06b43f.jpg

Edited by josephsbs