Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Purchases... from Lightings.com

This one for my dining area... nostalgic :dribble:

QPG324.jpg

Should be purchasing these as well, when the time comes...

This one is for my master bathroom's vanity top set, above the mirror and using warm light to make it real cosy :dribble:

FCG307%20SPOT%20NICKEL.jpg

These simple "hamburgers" are for ceilings of bathrooms.

Was told the white cover is made of some kind of acrylic that's not so easy to break and won't turn yellowish over time.

30331%20WHITE.jpg

30143%20WHITE.jpg

Arhhhh... this one to create the mood for master bedroom.

Guess what color is best for hanky panky? :P

Philips-LivingColors-Bloom_sml.jpg

Edited by josephsbs

Other Decorative Lights

Old school wall lamps (warm white bulbs) on the walls near dining area and sofa area... hoping to get the cozy warm feeling when other white lights are off :D

I'm getting the one without the motion sensor (that whitish thingy at the bottom) as it looks more nostalgic.

15338%20WALL%20LANTERN%20GREY.jpg

Old school light at ceiling of main entrance, above shoe rack area... still undecided about whether to use warm or cool white light for this... taking the dark bronze model of course, matching with the wall lamp.

This is supposed to be a wall lamp but the shop says can also be mounted on the ceiling since there're 2 screws holding the case to the mounted chassis.

EWP305.jpg

Edited by josephsbs

YALE Main Door Handleset

If you're also looking for this, allow me to share with you where you can get a good bargain...

Mustafa is selling this at around $90 and has more designs/colors to choose from :rolleyes:

Maindoorlock2a1.jpg

Giant (see pic) is selling at $124.90 (exclude installation)

Self Fix is selling about $128 (exclude installation)

Hardware City selling at $130 (exclude installation)

Renovation Carpenters selling at $180 (include installation)

"Locksmith" shops at shopping centres selling at $180 (exclude installation)

Initially, I was very keen to buy the stainless steel finished "Bali" series... Mustafa selling at around $138.

The finishing, the styling, material, etc. all much better than the standard handleset.

Unfortunately, the wrought iron gate we chose is with "black bronze" painted finish, thus not really matching... too bad :dunno:

1348135282_440140626_2-Pictures-of--Yale-Bali-Series-Entrance-Handle-6688-SH-SC-at-RM-350-only.jpg

Edited by josephsbs

YALE Main Door Handleset

If you're also looking for this, allow me to share with you where you can get a good bargain...

Mustafa is selling this at around $90 and has more designs/colors to choose from :rolleyes:

Maindoorlock2a1.jpg

Giant (see pic) is selling at $124.90 (exclude installation)

Self Fix is selling about $128 (exclude installation)

Hardware City selling at $130 (exclude installation)

Renovation Carpenters selling at $180 (include installation)

"Locksmith" shops at shopping centres selling at $180 (exclude installation)

Initially, I was very keen to buy the stainless steel finished "Bali" series... Mustafa selling at around $138.

The finishing, the styling, material, etc. all much better than the standard handleset.

Unfortunately, the wrought iron gate we chose is with "black bronze" painted finish, thus not really matching... too bad :dunno:

1348135282_440140626_2-Pictures-of--Yale-Bali-Series-Entrance-Handle-6688-SH-SC-at-RM-350-only.jpg

thanks for sharing but if we buy from Mustafa, do we do the installing ourself? Is it easy to install?

thanks for sharing but if we buy from Mustafa, do we do the installing ourself? Is it easy to install?

easy or not is rather subjective cos for someone who's done some wood works before, it may be a reasonably easy job but for one who's never touched a screwdriver before, that may be a tougher challenge.

plus, if the new handleset can fit exactly into the existing holes of your door after removing the old handleset... it'll be a piece of cake.

else, you'll need some tools to modify/drill existing/new holes, and some putty for some sealing jobs.

watch this video... a kid changed the door's handleset

if you're currently renovating the house, can ask your contractor to do it for you, FOC or pay workmanship fees... around $30~$50.

Edited by josephsbs

Update...

I'm not changing the existing compressed marble flooring, thus the cardboard protection all over the place. Before works started, we inspected the floor carefully together with the contractor for damages and found all in order, except for the missing tile/hole below the false wall. I made clear to contractor that we will not accept patching up of holes if his sub-cons damage the floor and that the whole piece of damaged tile must be replaced. Tricky issue is, tile suppliers don't carry the same tile anymore.

Picture001.jpg

Hacking starts...

Picture004-1.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Edited by josephsbs

First purchase... Air Conditioning

On the recommendation of our contractor, we contacted Kaisoon Aircon and purchased the Mitsubishi Heavy Industries System 4 (3+1) with:

• 1x SCM80
  • 3x SRK25
  • 1x SRK60
  • upgrade to Armaflex class 1 insulation
  • steel stand for outdoor compressor unit (they say can reduce vibration/noise)
  • trade in old system 3 aircon for 3 years parts warranty
  • 5 years workmanship warranty
  • standard MHI warranty applies

Mitsubishi%20Heavy_System%204_3181S.jpeg

Frankly, we made the mistake of not doing our homework enough when changing the aircon.

Kaisoon's pricing isn't the cheapest as we realised few days later that some vendors (including Gain City) offered lower prices for the same MHI System 4. :bangwall:

Only consolation is, the price is lower than that of Coolserve.

At the moment, I'm just hoping that the extras we paid could be "compensated" by good workmanship from Kaisoon. bo-pian :dunno:

Added:

Many of our friends are asking why we didn't get Daikin... I'm a bit tempted but need to get wife's opinion to increase the budget.

Added:

A friend told me that the price I paid was not a "kotok" price, just that I'm not enjoying the current promotions given by other dealers... sigh.

Update...

Kitchen area... showing platform where the washing machine, bottom cabinet and fridge are going to be placed.

kitchen1.jpg

Kitchen area... showing the common bathroom and windows (old design with small top hung section, to be changed)

kitchen2a.jpg

Living room area... became temporary storage for materials

living2.jpg

Dining area... showing the floor area cut out for parquet flooring, size about 2.2m x 2.4m

dining1.jpg

Edited by josephsbs

Update...

Living room area... showing the parquet "lazy" cornet next to full-height windows (to be changed). Already dreaming of lazing or taking an afternoon nap on the platform, or enjoy a bit of "sun bath" :dribble:

living1.jpg

Dining area... showing the newly laid unpolished parquet flooring

dining3.jpg

Edited by josephsbs