Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Sygnur

Slow & Steady

Bleucheeze, n others too, u might give that place a try... :) the one recommended by Lancified. Am 'lobbying' my guy hard to go to jb next weekend...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Questions... Questions... Am full of confusion.

Last week hubby n i went to an id office which has a showroom in it. He showed us diff kind of countertop: solid, granite n quartz.

He told us that for stone countertop such as granite n quartz, there will be joint lines, and the backsplash too, will have 'cut' look. For solid surface, there wont be any join lines and the backsplash will slope up as one.

But, look at this pic here, and tell me, what material is this?

580C16B6-6C90-415F-9F55-68ABF1AE3BD7-317-0000002BAC2B957C.jpg

And this:

68E21D53-87DD-4E74-80BB-EA7E86F6480A-317-0000002BB8ECD865.jpg

Hi,

One things for your Design consideration to note. The power plug in the kitchen is very low so the stove and your power plug will be very near to each other.

Purplestar, thanks for the pointer.. Ya, i think it's a bit too low but maybe after putting up the top cabinet it might not look too low. Still prefer to have it relocate, though.

Will be watching your reno closely for inspiration, especially on layouts, cos my floor plan is almost mirror image of yours.

But my BTO at Punggol will only be ready fastest Q3-2015. :(

Hi Ketua, thanks for dropping by. Dun worry, who knows u'll get keys as early as Q2 of 2015... Still can gather lot of knowledge from others here.

Im not doing much,just the kitchen. Though only that, it's giving me alot of heaache. Wahaha.

Purplestar, thanks for the pointer.. Ya, i think it's a bit too low but maybe after putting up the top cabinet it might not look too low. Still prefer to have it relocate, though.

I think this height is the same for all BTOs. for myself, i only connect the hood to the switch and since there's a plastic cover it's alright for me. I hide the wires by using some spare trunking which is about the same colour as my tiles. It is too costly to relocate since it will require replacement of many tiles.

Mine dun have cover for the kitchen switch. Only the washer switch comes with it.

But, ya, to save cost, need to play around the layout so to minimise the need to do additional/relocation of switches... 

Mine dun have cover for the kitchen switch. Only the washer switch comes with it.

But, ya, to save cost, need to play around the layout so to minimise the need to do additional/relocation of switches... 

oh! then u can buy the plastic cover separately and install it. its universal so all 2 gang switches will fit. think it only cost a few dollars.

I know this is kinda weird, but here it goes:

Bought fujioh hob &hood.@$750

Might not be the best deal but i just go with it... 

FG793- 3 burner stainless steel hob

6E427F74-C9FF-411D-B43B-389D65DD3659-222-00000036DAE2975A.jpg

FX900

2D372927-A490-4A46-A2C4-93E2B82A151D-222-00000036DC42E48A.jpg

The sales person kept wanting to push us into buying the fx890 hood, but i've already set my mind on the 900 months before.

Good or bad, only when they are up and running will tell. :)

And, ya, also bought 707 princeton instant water heater. 2 sets for both toilets.

2364836C-B11D-4186-9C07-D01D8C2BCB89-247-0000003B1244F574.jpg

Request for black colour. :P

Hob n hood bought from hooKee @ TKC whereas water heater bought from Jerome aka Zero.

I wasnt sure how much zero sells for 1 set, but outside selling about 280 each(maybe lower, didnt search much).

I bought 2 sets n was quoted $470 by zero.