Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Sygnur

Slow & Steady

1. Sink on one side, fridge and hob with hood on the other.

2. Fridge, hob/hood and sink in 1 line

3. Hob/hood and sink in 1 line, fridge at the opposite.

4. Hob/hood at the shorter L-shaped cabinet, sink at the longer L. Fridge at the opposite.

My fridge dimension is 1777(h)x635(w)x676(d)

My sink is about 58.4cm

I intend to get 3 burner hob.

Different id i met gave different ideas. Myself is clueless about which is the best coz one of the id threw out my idea to put fridge at the right hand side of the kitchen entrance.

I actually like that position coz people from living n dining wont be able to sneak peak my fridge when the doors are open... :P

The real headache comes to the positioning of the hob.. I need to have sufficient countertop space. If i were to choose no.2, my food preperation place will be cramp( eventhough my drawings are not to scale). The id who suggested that suggested me to do a countertop at the 'designated' fridge area where i can do my food preperations there. His rationale; distance isnt so far from sink, hob n fridge.

No 4. is something that i didnt think of and was suggested by one of the id. I found it kinda acceptable till i voiced out this layout to other id( just to get opinions...) and he said, work space might be too tight and would be too jut out. Haiz... :(

Was thinking of putting hob and sink end to end ( not in picture) but hubby said my elbows might hit the side walls while cooking...

Am i making things so difficult? Why cant i be decisive? Havent even confirm with an id... Really scared of making the wrong choice....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

If you cook often, counterspace is very important. I will choose 3 or 4, depending on the working triangle distance, as long as don't have to walk too far between the 3 points, it should be fine.

Using your diagram 4 as reference, have you thought of placing you fridge at the position opposite the current position of fridge, that is, beside the hob? Then construct countertop from beside the door (current fridge position) across to near the yard? Just an idea...

Thanks Bleucheeze for ur input...late at night some more.. Really appreciate it. :bow:

Do u mean to say, putting the fridge at the fridge's designated area? The depth there is quite shallow( about 550 thereabouts) so somehow that didnt come into my thoughts. Unless i add a little bit of false wall to the opening( making it smaller than original), then the fridge wont be jutting out.

Hmm....

Thanks Bleucheeze for ur input...late at night some more.. Really appreciate it. :bow:

Do u mean to say, putting the fridge at the fridge's designated area? The depth there is quite shallow( about 550 thereabouts) so somehow that didnt come into my thoughts. Unless i add a little bit of false wall to the opening( making it smaller than original), then the fridge wont be jutting out.

Hmm....

Oh, I didn't realize the fridge will be jutting out if placed there. Hmm, maybe can build false wall to 'cover' the fridge jutting out part, then hack a bit of the wall jutting out on the opposite side so as to make bigger the entrance. hmmm...

As the tradition here( im not known to break traditions.. Or so i am told), the floor plan...

1322029889.jpg

Will be watching your reno closely for inspiration, especially on layouts, cos my floor plan is almost mirror image of yours.

But my BTO at Punggol will only be ready fastest Q3-2015. :(

Hi Sygnur,

I will second bleucheeze and recommend layout 3/4 for your kitchen. Will be doing something similar to 3 for my kitchen too. Anyway, also on the lookout for a kitchen sink. See that Kraus will easily cost around $500 too? :dunno: Is it better than Franke? Was looking at some Franke sinks as they had those "anti-scratch" finish.

Hi Sygnur,

I will second bleucheeze and recommend layout 3/4 for your kitchen. Will be doing something similar to 3 for my kitchen too. Anyway, also on the lookout for a kitchen sink. See that Kraus will easily cost around $500 too? :dunno: Is it better than Franke? Was looking at some Franke sinks as they had those "anti-scratch" finish.

Kraus is very tempting! How much does Franke sink cost? I don't believe there is such thing as "anti-scratch" finishing for sinks. Imagine almost everything wash pots and pans inside, not quite possible right? Just my two cents.

Hi bleucheeze,

Think the cost varies quite widely depending on the size of the sinks. I dun mean "anti-scratch" as confirm wun get scratched. Just that those sinks their texture is slightly different compared to conventional ss sinks, so not easy to get scratched? These "anti-scratch finishing" tend to cost $100 more for the same type of Franke sink too.

1. Sink on one side, fridge and hob with hood on the other.

2. Fridge, hob/hood and sink in 1 line

3. Hob/hood and sink in 1 line, fridge at the opposite.

4. Hob/hood at the shorter L-shaped cabinet, sink at the longer L. Fridge at the opposite.

My fridge dimension is 1777(h)x635(w)x676(d)

My sink is about 58.4cm

I intend to get 3 burner hob.

Different id i met gave different ideas. Myself is clueless about which is the best coz one of the id threw out my idea to put fridge at the right hand side of the kitchen entrance.

I actually like that position coz people from living n dining wont be able to sneak peak my fridge when the doors are open... :P

The real headache comes to the positioning of the hob.. I need to have sufficient countertop space. If i were to choose no.2, my food preperation place will be cramp( eventhough my drawings are not to scale). The id who suggested that suggested me to do a countertop at the 'designated' fridge area where i can do my food preperations there. His rationale; distance isnt so far from sink, hob n fridge.

No 4. is something that i didnt think of and was suggested by one of the id. I found it kinda acceptable till i voiced out this layout to other id( just to get opinions...) and he said, work space might be too tight and would be too jut out. Haiz... :(

Was thinking of putting hob and sink end to end ( not in picture) but hubby said my elbows might hit the side walls while cooking...

Am i making things so difficult? Why cant i be decisive? Havent even confirm with an id... Really scared of making the wrong choice....

I cook around 4 days in a week, 4 is the way to go - but build a countertop beside the fridge too.

Jasdy, if got leisure time, maybe can read up the discussions we had about sink here: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=47387

To say kraus is better than franke, frankly i havent see franke sink before, but heard it's of good quality too. Best is, u can have a feel of the sink( franke) before making the purchase. It's available locally, right? :) pricewise, is about the same.

To date: im yet to get kitchen tap but high chances will be getting it from Song Cho. :) doesnt look fancy but decent enough.

4AB6165B-F74A-4A7C-9974-95086B6F8F2A-4996-000004EBEE5AC6F8.jpg

I assume u also got the 23" one. I just post in my blog so I just copy n paste here fyi.

Kraus KHU101-23 23-Inch Undermount Single Bowl 16 gauge Kitchen Sink, Stainless Steel

Sink Subtotal : $329.95

Shipping & Handling: $101.14

-----

Total before tax: $431.09

Sales Tax : $0.00

Import Fees Deposit $30.18 (GST)

-----

Total for This Shipment: USD$461.27

Sorry, I hope you have not bought this sink yet. I bought a exact model, but smaller size 18" one. The material and design is exactly the same but without the Kraus branding and wire mesh accessory. I am currently using it, even the bottom part is the same, reinforced with the dark gray thing. According to the website, the 23" model is RM750 - 20% (year end sale, 20% off everything) = RM600 = SGD$241. Just need to make a trip to JB to handcarry out. customs allow up to SGD$150 tax free per pax in car. So if your car has 4 pax, u can go up to SGD$600 / RM1500 for tax free.

http://www.aldeco.com.my/products-page/sink-accessories/sq6045-handmade-single-kitchen-sink/

I would prefer no. 3 but switch the position of the fridge and the hob. I would prefer placing the hob near the service yard door so that grease, smoke and odours can easily escape. Just my 2 cents.

Sorry, I hope you have not bought this sink yet. I bought a exact model, but smaller size 18" one. The material and design is exactly the same but without the Kraus branding and wire mesh accessory. I am currently using it, even the bottom part is the same, reinforced with the dark gray thing. According to the website, the 23" model is RM750 - 20% (year end sale, 20% off everything) = RM600 = SGD$241. Just need to make a trip to JB to handcarry out. customs allow up to SGD$150 tax free per pax in car. So if your car has 4 pax, u can go up to SGD$600 / RM1500 for tax free.

http://www.aldeco.com.my/products-page/sink-accessories/sq6045-handmade-single-kitchen-sink/

Hey lancified, just to check, since there's a coating at the bottom of your sink, am I right to say there isn't any loud "clang clang" sound of water when washing things? Kindly advise. Thanks in advance! :)

Hey lancified, just to check, since there's a coating at the bottom of your sink, am I right to say there isn't any loud "clang clang" sound of water when washing things? Kindly advise. Thanks in advance! :)

Yup, no clang clang sound. the sound it produces is more solid, like deep bass.

:( sad.... Made that purchase months ago... Then came across ur thread too late, Lancified.

But still, i might be able to buy other accessories there... :)

Just need to convinced my guy it's really worth the trip.