Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Sygnur

Slow & Steady

Hi, Cynta... Thanks for dropping by here.... :) but this gonna slow slow mo reno tblog, i assured u... :)

Yup, mine 4room but wil be doing the kitchen only.... 10k coz of the materials i ask them to quote... BLUM n Quartz... :P since not doing any built in wardrobe, no flooring needed or feature walls, think could splurge a little bit for the kitchen.. Which will be my forte..

How about u, cynta? I guess from ur quote, u are doing quite a number of things, right? :D have a smooth reno ya... :):yamseng:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Im looking at woodgrain looks for the kitchen laminate... Something like these..

E749B99F-588E-4643-A690-5972E237EA63-2520-000002431D5D4792.jpg

98CAF9D1-2B29-42B8-83B8-EEA7CBB53300-2520-000002431272D89D.jpg

C11A9750-C219-40CC-99C5-71F166375DDD-2520-00000242FA5CD4E6.jpg

E6C29CAA-D4A5-4E21-BB9B-3B648AD3B84B-2520-00000242E1B762A7.jpg

Hellooooo Sygnur!! Nice to see your blog in here :) love the inspiration you have for your kitchen, really v nice and zen (maybe its just that im a sucker for natural tones and woody grains stuff). Way to go! :dancingqueen:

Chocobanana, thanks for dropping by.... Wahaha... Actually, i dun really have an inkling about design n stuff, whatmore theme,am handicap that way. But somehow, after flipping few mags, scouring the webbie, im inclined towards woody looks for my kitchen. Hope eventually it wont turn up to be too blah....

Plus point, hubby likes woody kitchen theme too..

Purplestar.... Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title goes, am taking the leisurely 'walk' towards renoland.

There are a few of us CCians on tblog; the one i cn remember is carrotcakegirl's: petite house for petite family, or somewhere along that line.

Hope to ser urs too.. :yamseng:

P/s/ i remember the other CCian, keysmaker. But forgot the tblog title. :P

Edited by Sygnur

Seems i have forgotten to share what i want( more like wants than needs, although these two run closely together to me).

1. I have always wanted to have quartz as my countertop eversince i read the raves about it from Lieblingsg blogs. When i read the comparison chart, i am 'convinced' that quartz is for me. Granite has been suggested to me by family members, friends and some IDs i met but, somehow, it didnt gel that well with me. I like the fact that quartz is almost maintainence free and need no repolishing after few years down the road. Correct me if im wrong, though. :P

Dream quartz: Silestone.

2. While a full BLUM kitchen is out of my budget( even splurging on kitchen has to have some limits for me :P )i'd like to have the soft closing system for my kitchen cabinets. Not those cheapo run off the mill kind which my workplace is using and now the doors are banging loudly while closing if the hand slipped.

The only thing i have gotten for my kitchen is this KRAUS undermount sink... I went 'WOW' when i first saw it in kim76's tblog. Frankly, i had never went gaga over the sink till i set my eyes on this.

After poisoning my guy( the poison took long to get the effect, wahaha) i got the KRAUS 23" square undermount sink.

Tadaaa....

1EBE6657-4CAE-4FDA-993D-D20740C331C0-398-00000041B21968BB.jpg

Comes with the accessories:

29D602F1-ADB7-4D48-90B1-C2C5CDE3B323-398-000000440AFC9AEB.jpg

Like the finishing, and its rounded corner for easy cleaning.

F25A85E8-7344-45F2-B9A8-A90B383584FF-398-00000041CB783A18.jpg

Like your wood-grain kitchen cabi ideas! I also thinking to have this but have to choose between this and grey tiles versus wood-like tiles and white cabi. Cos I will be having wood-like tiles in my living and dining area. What about you?

I'm getting quotations now also... Will start reno after CNY. What a coincidence :)

Now, i am swayed into getting song-cho/welmi stainless steel tap to go with my sink.

I went to the outlet to have the look at the taps/mixers. They dont look fanciful, but sturdy.hmmmm

Should i, or shouldnt i? Hubby not keen lunging things from neighbouring country, so having hard time convincing him the merits. :(

But still, got time to think it over... Havent sign any dotted lines yet( come again, now the lines come in stright lines, right? ) :P

Bleucheeze!! Wow...! Either combo should turn out nice... :D

I think it's kinda great to start after CNY; workers well rested and ready for new projects.. Provided not rushing to move in. :)

Went to my neighbour's housewarming and his woody tiles reminds me of the endangered tortoise shell pattern which is nice.

My living, dining n bedrooms will be sort of 'no concept' thingy... Wahaha... Not doing any feature walls... Maybe, just maybe, will do memento special effects paint on certain walls. See how...

Good luck on finding 'The One' for ur reno... :yamseng:

P/s: any tblog of urs that i can 'park' ?

Bleucheeze!! Wow...! Either combo should turn out nice... :D

I think it's kinda great to start after CNY; workers well rested and ready for new projects.. Provided not rushing to move in. :)

Went to my neighbour's housewarming and his woody tiles reminds me of the endangered tortoise shell pattern which is nice.

My living, dining n bedrooms will be sort of 'no concept' thingy... Wahaha... Not doing any feature walls... Maybe, just maybe, will do memento special effects paint on certain walls. See how...

Good luck on finding 'The One' for ur reno... :yamseng:

P/s: any tblog of urs that i can 'park' ?

Momento effect paint is interesting, but haven't seen how it works on wall (the real thing). My t-blog is in my signature lah, here goes - http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=53789

Already bookmarked your t-blog, looking forward to reading your reno journey!

Haha, u know la bleucheeze.... Navigating this renotalk through HP is diff from using pc/laptop. Couldnt locate any signature( or maybe i never really explore much.. :D)

Will definitely visit ur tblog n leave my mark there...

:yamseng: here to our reno journey and beautiful home. Cheers!

The only thing i have gotten for my kitchen is this KRAUS undermount sink... I went 'WOW' when i first saw it in kim76's tblog. Frankly, i had never went gaga over the sink till i set my eyes on this.

After poisoning my guy( the poison took long to get the effect, wahaha) i got the KRAUS 23" square undermount sink.

Like the finishing, and its rounded corner for easy cleaning.

F25A85E8-7344-45F2-B9A8-A90B383584FF-398-00000041CB783A18.jpg

No wonder my backside itchy today... :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Someone talking abt me...

Btw, u got this sink long long ago right? haaa.... So u got this way before u even reno... power.... :good: :good:

Anyway, I be looking forward to see your kitchen :dribble:

:bow: the guru has landed on my humble tblog... Wahaha.... Backside itchy indeed.... Hope other readers will find way to ur 'poisonous' tblog too...

Hi Nexer... Ya.... One big happy Kraus Family...

How's urs?