Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
macuser77

Our Second Reno Journey

Hi ucypmas.

I'm not sure if it has National Geographic/Animal Planet as the available channels are like BBC 1, BBC 2 etc. Will check it out when i'm home.

As for drilling of extra holes, yes he will do it out of goodwill. We casually mentioned it to him when we made final payment though. And since he is doing out of goodwill, Got to accommodate to his timing though.

Thanks. Will be good if you help check out your Viewqwest TV for those channels.

My reno is nearly done now - washing/cleaning by Mr K on Thursday and handover end of this week. Monday will be installation of curtains and arrival of a number of items - TV, fridge, bedframe, study chair etc and followed by the big move on Wednesday.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi hi Mrs Dunno

gosh, do you have a tele in the bathroom haha

I am still lurking around, just too busy to post comment past one week since I boughtt a retarded toy lol

Are you and hubby mac users? My best friend called me an apple ambassador in the past coz I had all things apples and was full of praise of them despite their short comings lol. But I have switched camp since last jan from ipad to samsung tab, iphone to bb qwerty phone the q10, and from macbook/macbook pro/macbook air/mac mini to the retarded windows8 laptop I bought a week ago..The only apple products I owned now are the trusted 8-9 years old airport extreme , a wireless keyboard and wireless mouse

Big regrets and the price I have to pay for making an impulse purchase without doing my homework this time haha. didnt know that windows8 is so freaking retarded and unsexy! (very dull colors) Been reading reviews and workarounds to make it more likeable past few days but alas, hit a wall last nignt when the retarded kept asking me to activate the windows soffware. brought it to the,shop this afternoon and the guy suspects it kena virus attack and they had to reinstall windows8. I told him I really doubt so but thats the only option they offered. He thrn asked me to go for lunch while he reinstall windiws8 but allas after jalan for 1.5hrs (and made an impulse purchase of a STAUB cast iron pot and two cute vespa mugs on sales at taka) the installation was only 30%,complete!

My retarded is spending the njght at the shop (best denki), thats why I am free to kaypo here tonight haha

hahahahaha

on the bright side, the Vespa mugs look gorgeous! :thumbs up:

Hi hi Mrs Dunno

I am still lurking around, just too busy to post comment past one week since I boughtt a retarded toy lol

Are you and hubby mac users? My best friend called me an apple ambassador in the past coz I had all things apples and was full of praise of them despite their short comings lol. But I have switched camp since last jan from ipad to samsung tab, iphone to bb qwerty phone the q10, and from macbook/macbook pro/macbook air/mac mini to the retarded windows8 laptop I bought a week ago..The only apple products I owned now are the trusted 8-9 years old airport extreme , a wireless keyboard and wireless mouse

Big regrets and the price I have to pay for making an impulse purchase without doing my homework this time haha. didnt know that windows8 is so freaking retarded and unsexy! (very dull colors) Been reading reviews and workarounds to make it more likeable past few days but alas, hit a wall last nignt when the retarded kept asking me to activate the windows soffware. brought it to the,shop this afternoon and the guy suspects it kena virus attack and they had to reinstall windows8. I told him I really doubt so but thats the only option they offered. He thrn asked me to go for lunch while he reinstall windiws8 but allas after jalan for 1.5hrs (and made an impulse purchase of a STAUB cast iron pot and two cute vespa mugs on sales at taka) the installation was only 30%,complete!

My retarded is spending the njght at the shop (best denki), thats why I am free to kaypo here tonight haha

Hi sarah,

No la we don't have a telly in the bathroom. That's too extreme haha.

Speaking of mac, yeah I use mac (wife doesnt) for 2 reasons:

1) it doesn't remind me of work.

2) mac is just too user friendly. It's all about click and drag. For e.g I don't need to run any uninstaller to delete a program.

My prior imac lasted for more than 5 yrs, and I think it hung less than 5 times :)

We were also contemplating between samsung tablet or ipad. Ended up with the latter as the samsung doesn't feel as robust, and the google play store gives me a pasar malam feel haha.

My s3 is also having problems in charging (even after changing battery and plug/usb cable whatever you can think of). Told myself will never ever get a samsung phone.

And we bought a cast iron pan too !! It's the bestest for making steak ! But maintenance wise could be a hassle as I've heard you got to oil the pan after washing it to maintain its non-stick function & prevent rust. Imagine keeping an oily pan in a clean kitchen cabinet.....

Anyway hope your retard is not giving you anymore problems !

Oh before I forget, I used to fry steak using happycall pan. Ended up with a healthy and boring steak hahaha.

Edited by macuser77

Thanks. Will be good if you help check out your Viewqwest TV for those channels.

My reno is nearly done now - washing/cleaning by Mr K on Thursday and handover end of this week. Monday will be installation of curtains and arrival of a number of items - TV, fridge, bedframe, study chair etc and followed by the big move on Wednesday.

Hi ucypmas.

Checked, and the bbc channels in viewqwest don't seem to have animal planet and national geographic. Think even the brits gotta subscribe to them. And to soccer fans, no sports channel as well.

Anyway today's your big move ? Guess it'll be very tiring. Ours wasn't that bad as we did it piecemeal over the weekends.

Edited by macuser77

Very very big thanks for helping to check. I am thinking of Viewqwest because their fibre broadband is unconstrained, and I can pay a bit more to get the movies, with PPTV free via the VPN. Looks like it might still be Starhub for me then.

The big move is next week. With a 9am start I hope its done by 3pm. We don't have much storage in our current house and as a result the existing "inventory" is pretty lean and straightforward so hopefully it will be ok.

I don't think I will ever start a blog but I would add to your review that K is good - the journey is not 100% smooth sailing but he is very reachable, returns calls, and willing to follow up and act on owners request as long as he thinks it is reasonable. Anything he thinks is not doable he will say so without BS or dancing around the issue which I like a lot. The highlights are his tilers, carpentry team and painting team - these three I think are core to any good, long lasting renovation outcome and I think he has all three sorted pretty well.

For pricing I have not seen the final invoice yet with VO but overall I don't think he is that expensive. There is a saying - "price is what you pay, value is what you get".

Apologies to use your blog - but I think I'm close to retiring now for the 2nd time from this place.

Hi hi Mrs Dunno

staub is not an impulse buy!! It is a good buy! They are better then le creuset!! :P

Hi Macuser,

haha okay,

Yes iPad and Apple computers still rock in terms of aesthetic and ease of use for the vast majority of people. I just been very suay with the apple computers I owned past 8-9 years - the Hard Disk of my first MacBook died after less than three years, had to change 2 power adaptors of the successor a MacBook Pro in 3 years, the next toy a MacBook air crashed few months after I purchased while I was in Bali 2+ years ago (ended up having a dead computer for 3 out of 4 weeks of my stay in Ubud!!) and my last apple computer was a Mac Mini which I used together with a 15 year old BOSE sound system and a 32" LCD TV to watch videos and music I downloaded had the same fate with the power adaptor after 3 years. I like iPad but find it a little too heavy for putting in my bag or reading on my bed (my arms get sore after holding it for 10 mins), and too cumbersome to save HD videos I downloaded into MP4 format and transfer to iPad from the Mac Mini via iTunes. Decided to trade in the iPad2 with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 last Jan before I went to Europe for 3 weeks holiday coz I wanted something lighter and with a SD card slot for additional storage space for the movies, music and ibooks I brought along. Very very happy with the switch so far and my next tablet will very likely be a Samsung tablet still! It's not as sexy compared to iPad with the cheap looking metal on the back but who cares, it's hidden under a protective cover most of the time anyway ;)

For phone I chose the blackberry phone with the qwerty key pad coz I still prefer to type on a physical keypad :)

Why is it more healthy? Do you use less oil with a HappyCall pan? Can use it to make Panini or not? :)

Hi sarah,

No la we don't have a telly in the bathroom. That's too extreme haha.

Speaking of mac, yeah I use mac (wife doesnt) for 2 reasons:

1) it doesn't remind me of work.
2) mac is just too user friendly. It's all about click and drag. For e.g I don't need to run any uninstaller to delete a program.

My prior imac lasted for more than 5 yrs, and I think it hung less than 5 times :)

We were also contemplating between samsung tablet or ipad. Ended up with the latter as the samsung doesn't feel as robust, and the google play store gives me a pasar malam feel haha.

My s3 is also having problems in charging (even after changing battery and plug/usb cable whatever you can think of). Told myself will never ever get a samsung phone.

And we bought a cast iron pan too !! It's the bestest for making steak ! But maintenance wise could be a hassle as I've heard you got to oil the pan after washing it to maintain its non-stick function & prevent rust. Imagine keeping an oily pan in a clean kitchen cabinet.....

Anyway hope your retard is not giving you anymore problems !

Oh before I forget, I used to fry steak using happycall pan. Ended up with a healthy and boring steak hahaha.

Edited by sarah833

The retarded seemed to be getting more retarded after the surgery LOL. Took much longer to reinstall MS Office and connecting the Apple Bluetooth mouse last night. Just found out that the guy left the old files on my laptop which took up a few GB of my Hard Disk space, and they wee created under an admin account which I do not have the password for. Sigh have to drop by Best Denki again. Two Thumbs Up for Best Denki's pre-sales and post-sales service though! The customer service was very responsive when I called them 2 years ago requesting for help to level the newly bought Samsung frontload washing machine, and this year after I moved in. The uncle handyman even helped me change the hose which was damage due to the move free of charge.

Hi Sarah.

No diff in amount of oil used. But happycall pan doesn't give the steak the "charred" and "grilled" texture as compared to cast iron. Cast iron makes the steak "restaurant standard" :)

Furthermore the rubber that seals both sides of the pan comes off easily, and there are some areas which is hard to clean.

Edited by macuser77