Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Joanne Chua

Any Advice On Whether This Is Bad Fengshui?

dear all,

want to seek some opinions..

i know nuts about feng shui but my current room wardrobe has been making me feel uneasy.. it was a built in wardrobe built by ex-owner.. problem is this wardrobe blocks the room door way by at least 2/3..

so to go into the room, i got to walk towards my right.. the wardrobe is very long all the way to the windows (around 3ft space to the windows)..

is this bad fengshui?

img5088x.jpg

also, i've heard people saying before that the main door should not lead directly to the kitchen door? mine is not 100% directly but its almost there.. (see layout).. should i build a kitchen door to cover up? or is it ok since it is not 100%? from the main door i can see 70% of the kitchen..

667floorplan.png

will be most grateful if anyone knows if either of the above is bad fengshui and how to improve it.. many thanks !

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I would remove the wardrobe but not for fengshui purpose. The wardrobe makes the doorway looks cramped and gives me an oppressed feel.

The main door facing kitchen seems ok to me but I think best to consult a FSM.

FS deals with "flows". Smooth flow brings ......

- Humanic and non-humanic "traffic" flow.

- Food stall foodstuff preparation and flow.

U got smooth flow?

erm sorry i dont really get it.. can explain a bit more?

erm sorry i dont really get it.. can explain a bit more?

smooth means minimum "resistance".Effects would be great with minimum resistance. Think of production floor flow. Think of human relationship maintaning....

In this case:

- your mind has high resistance/rejection to this. You feel something wrong.

- on the other hand, u want to keep wardrode.

Change mindset to accept or take action get wr out.

No $, change mindset. Got $, change wr. Simply?

also, i've heard people saying before that the main door should not lead directly to the kitchen door? mine is not 100% directly but its almost there.. (see layout).. should i build a kitchen door to cover up? or is it ok since it is not 100%? from the main door i can see 70% of the kitchen..

will be most grateful if anyone knows if either of the above is bad fengshui and how to improve it.. many thanks !

i think you right, build kitchen door then can't see kitchen liaozzzz.

Last time... Long ago, my mom bought condo and she is not happy with the built in wardrobe position, and the developer can 'shift it'

How they did it, I dunno. But it is possible. So maybe you wanna shift it to another location that is not blocking the way?

I don't know anything about Feng Shui.

But my kitchen stove/hood is facing the common toilet door. I wonder if this is ok in Feng Shui point of view?

I would also would like to know what kind of layout or stuff, in general is considered a taboo in Feng Shui?

I am keen to understand more, if anyone is willing to share :-)

But my kitchen stove/hood is facing the common toilet door. I wonder if this is ok in Feng Shui point of view?

Jialat liao.....chiong ka liao ah

I would also would like to know what kind of layout or stuff, in general is considered a taboo in Feng Shui?

Get a hongkee magazine...plenty of taboos

kcwee, yeah I know it sounds bad.......LOL. But I have space constraint in my kitchen.

he's definitely right about this.....shld try your best to do something about it lor

I can't move my stove/hob too far. I can shift it 20cm away which is not directly facing the toilet but still will see the toilet (if you understand what I mean).

stove is one of the most important part of the house, it is a big no no to face toilet.

I can't move my stove/hob too far. I can shift it 20cm away which is not directly facing the toilet but still will see the toilet (if you understand what I mean).