Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bolbol

Orange Cube Or Extract Living

Extract living. we saw their booth and liked their design when we were at expo fair, so went in and was served by Lini.

Even though she sounded very professional, and was very logical in her explanation AND we really liked their designs (so 3 good things) we did NOT sign up with her because:

1) she insisted we put a $500 deposit on the spot so that when her quote comes in 2 weeks, we will not have to pay GST.

2) Hubby and i were unsure so we say we have not decided on which ID. she immediately say this $500 can be used to make customised furniture if we do not take their ID package.

3) Because Hubby and i gave her a $15k budget for 2 toilet and 1 kitchen, she said that we will save $1050 (7%GST of 15k) but we say we ok if we have to pay GST cos the quote is more important and we want to see what quality and things we can get for $15k.

When she finally realise that we don't want to give her $500 deposit, she said because must minus $1050 from 15K, their budget becomes only $13950, so it is impossible to meet our budget~! i thought i heard wrongly, so i repeated "HUH you mean if we don't pay you $500 on the spot now to save the GST of 1k+, you cannot do within 15k?"

she said "YES"

Hubby and i immediately walk out of the booth!

to think that she said they need 2 weeks to do the quote, but immediately on the spot say cannot do within 15K? for 2 toilets and 1 kitchen, i have been quoted 13 -17k including GST. and 15K she cannot do?!!!!

overall it was a bad experience.

Edited by jwn

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Wil*** - the boss.

Jim - the coordinator.

Me getting key on 8 Nov. Can't wait to start the reno.

I remember my designer told me most company designer don't coordinate the renovation, seem like you are also having the same situation. My girlfriend renovation is a mess when there are so much miscommunication when the coordinator tell her the designer miss out on this and that and many thing is not in the contract.

Me and my hubby went through hours & hours going through the detail and selection work with our designer and he's also our house coordinator, we never have to remind him of anything, and every single detail is taken care of. :good:

Guess we are really bless on our renovation.

abit late on this thread but my ID is Amos from *****..

He give quite reasonable pricing and quite abit of freebies since i had almost 10 IDs to compare..

not the lowest but also not the highest even we got to know him from the exhibition..

overall i find that is how u can click with the ID..

i am starting my renovations soon.. so maybe u can check out my blog progress! :P

Hi Odielim,

I am using the same designer from ***** too. Really fantastic guy. :good: I am really please with our progress. Don't know where my hubby pick him up from. :D Now they are like buddy, Amos is really easy to mix with and after getting to know him more, feel really comfortable talking to him. Overall our renovation cost about 50k :dribble: (one of the higher quotation) but the work is really up to the standard. If given a choice again, will still use him. :dribble: Will also recommend him anytime anyday if you want a great house and a peace of mind. :good: