Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aureus

Indoor Aircon Cooling Unit Spitting Ice!

One of my aircon indoor cooling units started to spit ice chips out! This happened after I cleaned the filter. Then I notice that there is some ice forming at the gills within the aircon unit. Is this due to dust bits collecting and the ice forming around the dust? How can I solve this problem? I tried vacuuming the gills and the problem is still there.

Time to call in the aircon guys? But I'm afraid later get chopped...

air-con running out of gas.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
LOL, if air-con got no gas then how to get cold air???? No cold air how to get ICE???

lmao

example system 1 run at 68PSI R22 gas.

and your system 1 left between 30psi to maybe 48psi it will cause ice form on the coil,

when a/c running at high speed the blower in-take the air from the coil, its puts again the ice from coil and blow it out.

if gas level low maybe between 30 to 48 psi, cause ice on coil, and it cause the copper pipe on the left side of the condensor unit have ice too.

and if condensor unit no ice, only fan coil unit have then most likly is ur fan coil unit need chemical wash $70.

and your system 1 left between 30psi to maybe 48psi it will cause ice form on the coil,

when a/c running at high speed the blower in-take the air from the coil, its puts again the ice from coil and blow it out.

if gas level low maybe between 30 to 48 psi, cause ice on coil, and it cause the copper pipe on the left side of the condensor unit have ice too.

and if condensor unit no ice, only fan coil unit have then most likly is ur fan coil unit need chemical wash $70.

We got a pro here!

Have PM you to get your contact. :)

hihi... not mean to disturb, just hope to giving more suggestion to it.

What according bencoolservices mentioned was not wrong, but there still might have other reason to cause the ice forming.

1) Shortage of gas like wat bencoolservices mentioned.

2) Malfunction Of Magnetic contactor of compressor, and cause compressor running non stop.

3) Expansion valve or capallary tiub choked.

4) Indoor coil was too dirty and choked ,freeze up. but in this situation, it wont drop ice but only water start dipping and u will feel not cold in that room :)

Hopefully you will get more help on my small advice...

Cheers.... :)