Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kingzkong

Never Get Furniture From Nova At Trade Hub 21

Hi all, look at the previous post, it has been 1yr+ since forumer discuss abt Nova on this thread. Me n my wife went dwn to Nova at trade hub 21 yesterday night, juz cant stop myself from starting it again. here's my encounter....

We are at Nova last thurs n manage to find a dinning table that suit both of our taste :drunk: , the price is $1099 b4 GST. As nobody approach us, we juz 'bookmark' it 1st n go to others shops to continue our hunt...(this is our practice, hee we will never ever buy anything at the 1st visit !! )

we went to serveral furniture shop over the weekend but cant find any similar ones... then to our delight, we find out from the ad Nova placed on Wanbao that the dinning table is actually going at $699!:(:D

when we r at Nova happily the nxt day to get that table, we r surprise to see that the price is still remain at $1099! :( A salesman come to us and explain that $699 was actually the display set that had a chip at the corner, thus the 'cheap' price.( but funny leh, I cant remember seeing any chip the previous time when I actually 'inspect' the table :dunno: )

Me n my wife look at each other, some how noe what's happening.(haha we r experience enough to noe this is their ad tactic lah) so we tell him that in that case, we will look around 1st. n walk out of the shop.....

As we r abt 100m away frm the shop, that salesman came out n scream at me to go back.(hmm...in fact I dun like that SCREAMING...) Then he take out a calculator, n show me a few digits... 799... :yamseng: ha that is a bargain sia! n continue with his sales talk blah blah blah.... then GST= $854...

hee by that time me n my wife r already pissed off n no confident on this co anymore, but by courtesy, we still entertain a bit lah zz ... when we say we will consider n started to move off, guess what?? He offer me $799 without GST! :dribble::dribble: WOW!:yamseng: I was wondering if I show more interest n bargain, I might get it for $199 wor haha :good: but of coz we juz keep walking n get out of the shop as fast as we can :jammin:

Overall impression - Not reliable. those who like to bargain may go there n train ur skill :notti: but my adv is think twice b4 u commit... u may get a good deal, but u wont noe what is going to be deliver to u :yamseng: that's what we thought... Just my 2cts hee :seeya:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all, look at the previous post, it has been 1yr+ since forumer discuss abt Nova on this thread. Me n my wife went dwn to Nova at trade hub 21 yesterday night, juz cant stop myself from starting it again. here's my encounter....

We are at Nova last thurs n manage to find a dinning table that suit both of our taste :drunk: , the price is $1099 b4 GST. As nobody approach us, we juz 'bookmark' it 1st n go to others shops to continue our hunt...(this is our practice, hee we will never ever buy anything at the 1st visit :sport-smiley-003: )

we went to serveral furniture shop over the weekend but cant find any similar ones... then to our delight, we find out from the ad Nova placed on Wanbao that the dinning table is actually going at $699!!! :D

when we r at Nova happily the nxt day to get that table, we r surprise to see that the price is still remain at $1099! :( A salesman come to us and explain that $699 was actually the display set that had a chip at the corner, thus the 'cheap' price.( but funny leh, I cant remember seeing any chip the previous time when I actually 'inspect' the table :dunno: )

Me n my wife look at each other, some how noe what's happening.(haha we r experience enough to noe this is their ad tactic lah) so we tell him that in that case, we will look around 1st. n walk out of the shop.....

As we r abt 100m away frm the shop, that salesman came out n scream at me to go back.(hmm...in fact I dun like that SCREAMING...) Then he take out a calculator, n show me a few digits... 799... :dribble: ha that is a bargain sia! n continue with his sales talk blah blah blah.... then GST= $854...

hee by that time me n my wife r already pissed off n no confident on this co anymore, but by courtesy, we still entertain a bit lah zz ... when we say we will consider n started to move off, guess what?? He offer me $799 without GST! :dribble::dribble: WOW!!! I was wondering if I show more interest n bargain, I might get it for $199 wor haha :dancingqueen: but of coz we juz keep walking n get out of the shop as fast as we can :jammin:

Overall impression - Not reliable. those who like to bargain may go there n train ur skill :notti: but my adv is think twice b4 u commit... u may get a good deal, but u wont noe what is going to be deliver to u :jawdrop: that's what we thought... Just my 2cts hee :seeya:

In my opinion, getting stuff from places like Nova are a bargain.. So for the price you pay, you can exactly that - lesser service and reliability.. if you are willing to pay more, then there are alot of other choices around... just my 2 cents. cheers!

I regret that I didnt read these postings earlier. My family had actually bought a sofa set from nova at trade hub 21 a week ago, for the purpose of chinese new year. They promised to deliver our sofa on 21 jan 2008, however they didn't deliver at all. There is no call at all to inform us what happen to the delivery. So I called their logistic to make enquiry about my sofa at 930am on 22 jan. The lady who picked up my call told me the person in charge is not here yet, so she will call me back at 11am. Time flies and its 1247pm, yet there isn't any call from them. :dancingqueen: So naturally I called back again. The lady who picked up my call said will ask the person in charge to call me back in 10min and apologised to me. So i waited. 10min later, the person in charge called me and told me that the delivery has to be postphone. She didnt even bother to apologise!! So I asked what is the reason. She said the shipment was delayed due to the overwhelming orders. Ok I am not that unreasonable type of person, this reason is acceptable but I do believe a simple call before hand to inform the customer of the delay delivery is a simple gesture of good service.

So my conclusion is I will never buy furniture anymore from nova. It was a disappointing experience. For such a big furniture shop, I would expect the service to be far better than those smaller shop, but that wasn't true. :)

Edited by piglet30

my exp from nova is: saw a bedroom set that i like but didn't c the price being displayed. so ask salesman and he told me it's now $699. I told him another nova outlet quoted me only $599. he say prob that person is manager and can make the decision. if i want it at $599, he wld hv to beg his manager for that price. he than gave me the set at $599. that night when i went home, i saw in newspaper that the exact bedroom set in nova was selling for $499 with a $200 mattress voucher!:P i was so angry, called them up immediately to complain that why his saleman was selling me at $599 and had to beg his manager to give me at $599 which is $100 more ex than in newspaper. also, his guy made no mention of the $200 mattress voucher at all. it was a total misrepresentation on his saleman part. his manager than admitted that his saleman was at fault and were be dealt with and will give me the newspaper price. as for the delivery, it was ok but the sofa came missing 2 legs. had to call a few times to logistics, but the same answer was given: had to wait for the service side ppl to come in the afternoon to call me. but at least they came the following mon (after the sat delivery) to fix the sofa legs. my advice is: read the newspaper advertisements for their prices or c the displayed price instd of relying on their salesman

Wah! So it means if u didn't see the newspaper advertisement, you will lost $100 + $200 voucher...I suppose their salesman earn commission, maybe when they quote higher price = higher commission?

Anyway they said they will call me one day before my sofa delivery to confirm the delivery time, but I doubt they will call me. Already set a reminder on my hp to remind myself to call them back to ask for the delivery time. Very bad experience and no faith in them anymore.

Edited by piglet30

Went to Tradehub during the week, walked around and went into the Nova showroom. A salesman followed me around, can't really browse in peace. Saw a sofa that caught my interest, that was when the salesman starting clinging on like a hungry animal and wouldn't let go.

Gave me the usual BS sales talk like before CNY selling at $2199, now only $1899, but since last set, "for me only special" at $1750. Told him I will think about it, then he asked me to deposit $1 to lock in the "last set at special price". Turned him down, but he wouldn't stop, kept telling me how cheap it was to secure a good deal with only $1 deposit option. I thought, since only $1, to get him off my back, ok lor.

Salesman then asked for my IC and address. I refused, giving only my mobile number, told him that I will come back over the weekend if I decide to go ahead and buy. Salesman called me twice during the next 4 days; 1st time told him I still considering, 2nd time told him I have already bought my sofa elsewhere. He then suggested that I go down to Nova showroom to buy something else, or deposit will be wasted. $1 deposit!?

My overall impression of Nova is negative. Their merchandise in general is generic and ordinary but prices on the high side for the quality. The sales people are very pushy and will use all sorts of desperate tactics just to close a deal. From the earlier posts by other forumers, it seems that their prices and delivery is not reliable as well.

Don't think I will ever buy anything from Nova.

Edited by CTN

my family clan got our sofa from St Louis at Imm. So far, after shopping many furniture shops, i still like the quality of their sofa. No prob with delivery too. We got 3 sets for 3 family members. Personnally i get negative if a salesperson keep giving discount and cutting prices after hourly long bargaining. If the product is good, unique, y the low prices?

i also got my bed frame and mattress from them and delivery would be May. Hopefully all went well. Those interested to see my sofa can pm me and i will take pics.

Ironically, our experience with nova was hardly unpleasant. (Please do not mistake me for trying to praise Nova. Just putting my experience here)I didn't read this thread before we went down to tradehub21 there.We walk into Defu & Nova just for a comparison & to see if they got any nice shoe cabinet.

The price range for the shoe cabinet is around 200 and above at both shops, however didn't see any suitable cabinet in white at Defu. So we went to Nova. The salesperson following customer part as described by CTN is more or less like what happened when we walked into Nova. The salesperson attending to us wasn't pushy or trying to sell us anything else since we stated we were just looking for shoe cabinet.

Seemed a friendly & obliging guy to us despite the fact I am rather particular about furniture co-ordination so the shoe cabinet had to be just white to match. In the end we bought a shoe cabinet & sofabed from them. It was only after I read this thread that I worried that we might have problems with delivery & etc. I have to give them some credit for calling us beforehand to inform of delivery schedule as promised.

When the delivery came through, the shoe cabinet door alignment was off the mark & there were a few marks on top also. Sofa bed came in good condition with the exception of air bubbles mark on the support frame(Think its the application of paint on the silver support frame) The delivery guys didn't take back the shoe cabinet although it is evident there was a problem with the door alignment & marks 'cos we must call nova to request a change of cabinet first. It took a week before they sent their carpentry guys to fix the problem. My only complaint is that the marks was just simply filled in with dark walnut marker. :notti: Only small consolation is that the top is covered with frosted glass so not so much of an issue.

IMHO, paying a bit more for just a shoe cabinet to have marks filled in by marker is not really worth it completely if expecting furniture in NEW condition, no scratches or marks also. The carpentry guys did their best to fix the alignment of the doors though, so it was fixed after some adjustments several times here and there. At the very least, we didn't get any bad experience with Nova's sales people :dancingqueen:

Edited by BunBun

nova have a bad reputation. so i am not surprised. i have bad experience with the white collection too. btw i think cellini and OM are still the best. no hard selling n excellent service. :)

http://diva79.wordpress.com/2007/02/03/feb...80%93-saturday/

In my opinion, you can't really compare Nova or White collection with Cellini and OM... Cellini and OM are manufacturers whereas Nova and White Collection are only retailers. I believe for Cellini and OM, the main bulk of their sales revenue comes from export to overseas. Whereas, guys like Nova and WC import furniture from China...hence, they would be more pushy and aggressive in terms of sales.. otherwise their stocking costs is too high.

wow didnt noe nova got such bad reviews.. we went last thursday and there was a sales guy named billy who served us really well. altho we ddnt buy anything at all. he didnt sound pushy. he can go on and on explaining many many things abt the sofa.the inner fillings etc.

we tot the deals are good..something like 600 to 1000 discount for items that they are gg to clear away to bring back to msia warehouse during GSS so they can sell at super discounted price if we want to buy on the spot. as they save ono transport back and sell in msia with Ringget.

Hi all,

This is wat I encountered at Tradehub21.

My wife & I went into the store, & a Ah-Beng liked middle age man approach us. Lets call him Lao-Beng. :notti:

Lao-Beng:"Wat r u looking for?"

"Looking for day bed.."

Lao-Beng:"We dun have day bed."

"How abt lounge chairs?"

Lao-Beng:"We aso dun have.."

"Nvm, I will browse around."

This Lao-Beng followed us so closely till he cant walk properly. Believe me, its really very close. Nvr been to a furniture shop the salesman walk so close one, & we have been to numerous furniture store..

I purposely walked slower to give my wife more space to roam, & to block him frm getting near my wife.

This Lao-Beng walked quicker round me, jus to get inbetween us. **** close loh..

I overtake him & walk slower, he followed behind me so closely till his legs going to entaggle cos hes avoiding my feet.

Cant leave a dist meh?? :curse::furious:

Den I walk till an area selling display sofa..

He ask me:"U wan sofa? These r display sets."

His tone was like, dun waste my time. Get out..

**** piss off..

While we were leaving, he duno mumbled wat to his colleague & went back to his chair & enjoy the Ah-Beng techno songs broadcasted..

He really gives us the feeling;

u cant browse around here if u r not buying anyting.

I dun tink any customers like the way their salesman behaved loh.. Really cannt make it loh..

L3x

Hi All,

Think I also have the same experience with Nova. Went there think last year Dec we were looking at their sofa. There was this guy (well actually not very beng) then he showed us the around. Well initially he was very friendly, but then when we were about to leave the place and we just told him we will consider, then he suddenly like changed a different person. He wasn't really very hostile, but just like become very fustrated. He keep saying he have not closed a single deal today (well it was about 3-4pm) then he kept pastering us to buy from him. Well I was very persistant and said we will consider, then he just say they will open till late and then we just left.

Really hate their way of handling customer, and i swear I will never go back there ever again.

Cheers.

Here to cfm his words....

Had a very bad experience at their Tradehub branch. Terrible after-sales service and product quality...The table came with lots of staples protruding out, staples holes, scratches, paint marks, different coloured pieces of wood for backing even though we emphasized to the sales guy that it would be placed by L-shape a glass panel.

Service man came agreed it was really unpresentable and will do something after he took photos & measurements but nothing done. When we called to enquire, service supervisor says they very busy and haven't been able to find the sales guy and says he'll do something within a week.

Weeks later, still nothing done, when I call to check. Sales man called me back and was very agitated says the service side told him customer say he promised to change a backing for free and its not true. And that he will need to compensate if we put it that way. I told him we did not say he'll change for free cause we did not expect the backing to be of different colours but we emphasized strongly that the table will be by a glass panel. He, as the sales guy, should let us know since he says all the backing comes like that. Then he says its standard, and that the table is not expensive, others buy few thousands also same standard backing, says different batches of wood of course comes in different colours etc...when I talk about other defects he cuts me off and say we must pay if we want them to do something to the backing.

When I ask for his manager to call me, he says his manager will not call me, and he "zuo zhu" i.e. makes the decision. When I asked to call his manager, he hanged up my call.

I wonder if CASE will take up such issues of misrepresentation by the sales guy? And does the service guy's words does not represent the company?? Wanted to write in to the company but cannot find any office address or email address, the invoice only have the sales office address.

Really regret not reading the forum before giving in to their persistent sales tactics.

Should have read the forum before I visit their show room at Payar Lebar last week. :(

Was "pressured" into purchasing a dining table.. $899. Regretted not look around first. :bangwall:

1) Their staff very hard selling.. follow u up & down. I know u need customer service.. but this is nuisance. 8|

2) Keep saying sales over (original price $1,599) but since no instruction from boss, will continue to sell at sales price of $899.. advised me to place deposit , if not tomowwo no more discount..etc.

3) Keep saying can't get better besign at that price elsewhere.

Being naive, place deposit.. but regretted once walk out of showroom..

Then went other furniture showrooms and found better designs, quality at same price.

Am prepared to forfeit the deposit with them. Take it as tuition fee.

wow didnt noe nova got such bad reviews.. we went last thursday and there was a sales guy named billy who served us really well. altho we ddnt buy anything at all. he didnt sound pushy. he can go on and on explaining many many things abt the sofa.the inner fillings etc.

we tot the deals are good..something like 600 to 1000 discount for items that they are gg to clear away to bring back to msia warehouse during GSS so they can sell at super discounted price if we want to buy on the spot. as they save ono transport back and sell in msia with Ringget.

May be they do the same with furniture on sale here? :dunno::notti: