Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mascotlee

Our Bee Hive

Got my keys to our 4rm HDB flat in Oct 2012 but I only start my blog on the reno of the flat now.

The HDB flat we got does not have tiles for the living and all bedrooms.

The toilets and kitchen tiles are done up by HDB and we can't hack away the HDB tiles but we can overlay if we want to change the tiles.

The flat looks really small, especially the two bedrooms. I can imagine that after putting in a bed and cupboard, not much space left.

reno_035_zps7da27137.jpg

Threw the pineapple in the flat for Good luck. "Huat Ah".

reno_001_zps12848b84.jpg

reno_031_zps2a7a0c43.jpg

reno_036_zpsa389e286.jpg

Really small kitchen

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

For the first few weeks in Oct, went around looking for ID/contractors that are suitable and within our budget. Went to those expo furniture/furnish fair, and got a few quotes,

asked from friends contractor's contact and got a few more quotes.

Our requirements are not alot and just prefer basic renovations done. The main thing is that after renovation, the place must be easy to maintain.

It's actually quite a tiring process looking around for suitable ID/contractors.

After some searching we ended up choosing Nicholas from Renoguyz as his quotes quite suitable for our limited budget.

At first we didn't know he is a one man army and maybe that's way he can keep the cost down. Though one person, he does get things done and will sometimes bargain with supplier on the price of materials for the clients. He is also quite easy going and also he kept mentioning that he treats every project as his own home and will do it 'swee swee'. :good:

We're not in a rush to move in so reno progress is slow. Just hope that no major hiccup and the renovation will ends smoothly

Edited by mascotlee

For the first few weeks in Oct, went around looking for ID/contractors that are suitable and within our budget. Went to those expo furniture/furnish fair, and got a few quotes,

asked from friends contractor's contact and got a few more quotes.

Our requirements are not alot and just prefer basic renovations done. The main thing is that after renovation, the place must be easy to maintain.

It's actually quite a tiring process looking around for suitable ID/contractors.

After some searching we ended up choosing Nicholas from Renoguyz as his quotes quite suitable for our limited budget.

At first we didn't know he is a one man army and maybe that's way he can keep the cost down. Though one person, he does get things done and will sometimes bargain with supplier on the price of materials for the clients. He is also quite easy going and also he kept mentioning that he treats every project as his own home and will do it 'swee swee'. :good:

We're not in a rush to move in so reno progress is slow. Just hope that no major hiccup and the renovation will ends smoothly

Nic is good! U r in safe hands. Enjoy ur reno!

What brand is your downlight? Any idea if Philips downlight are cheaper in JB compared to say lightings.com.sg?

My downlight doesn't have brand and I didn't specifically check out the philips downlight in the JB shop.

But I think it will be definitely cheaper than those sold in Singapore.

Gonna comment on a good job done by my id Nicholas. :good:

Initially there was supposed to be a hole on the kitchen wall tile as the cables for the wall socket was moved elsewhere.

Wanted to cover up with those wall socket cover at first but to my surprise, my id actually replaced the tile with hole with a new tile.

So now the kitchen wall tiles looks better.

20121126_115911_zpsbc35dabc.jpg

initial hole of the wall socket

20130115_185406_zpsaecf78c7.jpg

Viola, now the wall tile hole is gone.