Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
split

Quotation For Kitchen Cabinet.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I was being quote by one ID the following price..Is it reasonable?

Carpentry Works: Kitchen

Custom made 13' top and bottom kitchen cabinets using solid ply laminates door $2,860.00

Custom made 8' bottom cabinets using solid ply laminated door $1,200.00

Whichever material that you are using, I think this is really out of range. Custom made kitchen cabinet using solid ply with laminate even ABS or stainless steel edging without worktop is in range of $80 to $100 only. Might have some additional if you include in pull-out basket or likewise accessories but still should not reach the range. With the size of your cabinet both top and bottom including granite top possibly come up to around $2700.00 and might come with some pull-out basket etc. Think twice

Any updated pricing on kitchen cabinets?

I ordered my Kitchen cabinet from a contractor, who is known thru another friend and it's not yet installed, so no pics to share.

Includes - Top 18 feet approx. Bottom 13 feet approx. 2 frosted glass swing up door with hydraulic hinges. Solid top 13 feet approx. 2 pull out SS trays below cooker hob. 90x60 cm SS backing behind cooker hob. All Laminated doors. All ABS trimming.

Price : $ 4700

He asked me to send my hood, hob and sink directly from the shop, so that he can correctly measure and install together. I did like that. (Is that a practice? dunno.)

He's recommended by a friend (He did wardrobes for 9000$ in 3 rooms) and wen to fren's house to see the quality of work. Also I visited contractor's small workshop at Bukit batok and am convinced that he can do a good job.

Am waiting to see it. :yamseng:

wahh... that works out to $220 pfr for the top and $150 pfr for the bottom... that is more than twice the figure we got quoted for most of the quotes we received.

What kind of laminates are you given?

what brand of solid surface?

Are these the european modular design cabinets?

Stainless steel or glass backsplash?

How many glass doors or shelf?

how u calculate pfr?

I just received my quote from my contractor but realised the kitchen is quite expensive. Can I have some advise? Here's the kitchen quote:

- To design and fabricate top and base unti kitchen cabinet in 15mm solid ply, selected laminate finish for external carcass

- Proposed white pvc finish for internal carcass

- Doors in laminated and abs trimming

- 2 pcs selected aluminium profile glass door in sandblasted glass @ $120/ft run

Base unit - 13 ft $1560

Top unit - 13 ft $1560

Tall unit - 1 set $480

Supply and install spray paint glass - 1 pc $950

Supply and install Corian solid surface and selected profile for base unit of kitchen cabinet and backsplash at kitchen cabinet at $80/ft - 13 ft $1755

So overall kitchen itself is like $5k++ already.

I've seen my friend's kitchen done by them, very good carpentry and internal fittings said to be from germany...looks very classy.

But it is too ex?

Please give me some advice. Thanks!

I just received my quote from my contractor but realised the kitchen is quite expensive. Can I have some advise? Here's the kitchen quote:

- To design and fabricate top and base unti kitchen cabinet in 15mm solid ply, selected laminate finish for external carcass

- Proposed white pvc finish for internal carcass

- Doors in laminated and abs trimming

- 2 pcs selected aluminium profile glass door in sandblasted glass @ $120/ft run

Base unit - 13 ft $1560

Top unit - 13 ft $1560

Tall unit - 1 set $480

Supply and install spray paint glass - 1 pc $950

Supply and install Corian solid surface and selected profile for base unit of kitchen cabinet and backsplash at kitchen cabinet at $80/ft - 13 ft $1755

So overall kitchen itself is like $5k++ already.

I've seen my friend's kitchen done by them, very good carpentry and internal fittings said to be from germany...looks very classy.

But it is too ex?

Please give me some advice. Thanks!

well.. if u wan quality, then have to pay a bit more..

but if your is a contractor and not a ID , the price seems a bit steep.

For your cabinet, psf is $120.. my ID quote me less than $100. No idea about tall unit and spray paint glass. But my ID quote me 900 for stainless steel backing for my cooker.

Solid surface is standard ba.. same price as urs.. $80 psf.

If you have signed with them, then nothing much can b done.. only can try to bargain.. or cut down on your dimension..

hope it is useful.

Mine was 2.2k for only the bottom 13ft cabinet with solid surface.

If include box up for the pipes and top cabinets of a total of 24ft. it will be around 4k.

If you have a lot of drawers, it will be more ex than having doors as I was told that it is simpler to do doors. Will take slightly longer to do the drawers based on measurement including runners for the drawers.

From what I noticed, kitchen cabinets cost is about 4-5k now for top & bottom presently. And plus you going through your ID, so if your ID's co do not have its own factory to manufacture the cabinets.. the cost will be more higher since sub-let to others to manufacture plus they need to earn a bit more profit.

I'm engaging the service of a "design and build" company so I don't know if that's considered an ID. So far what I see, it's more of a contractor except that they do provide ideas and suggestions. No beautiful 3D models just sketches.

If they provide sketches, I suppose that is considered ID since contractors don't give sketches of ideas for the place. If in doubt, you can search for the company name in here as there might be some reviews on the company in question.

I'm engaging the service of a "design and build" company so I don't know if that's considered an ID. So far what I see, it's more of a contractor except that they do provide ideas and suggestions. No beautiful 3D models just sketches.

If they provide sketches, I suppose that is considered ID since contractors don't give sketches of ideas for the place. If in doubt, you can search for the company name in here as there might be some reviews on the company in question.

bunbun.. your quote work out to b $170 psf.. quite gd deal.. about 95 psf for cabinet and 75 psf for solid surface.. !!

do u have a tblog for me to drool over ur pic.. :dancingqueen:

bunbun.. your quote work out to b $170 psf.. quite gd deal.. about 95 psf for cabinet and 75 psf for solid surface.. :dunno:

do u have a tblog for me to drool over ur pic.. :bangwall:

Ya boy. Pls share the beautiful pics of your kitchen cabinet.

Hi, I have a T-Blog but as my hubby requested some of the picts to be taken down for privacy reasons, I have taken them down.

For your reference as to how my kitchen looks like, I did only the bottom cabinet as decided not to go for the top cabinet + box up of the pipes. See my avator for the kitchen cabinets. :bangwall:

Hi, I have a T-Blog but as my hubby requested some of the picts to be taken down for privacy reasons, I have taken them down.

For your reference as to how my kitchen looks like, I did only the bottom cabinet as decided not to go for the top cabinet + box up of the pipes. See my avator for the kitchen cabinets. :)

How to calculate psf for cabinet?

And where can i get roller blinds at a good price

Let me share too... I have yet to do any renovation but I have asked some contractors and ID. This is the first quote that I receive for kitchen cabinets and so I share lar...

To fabricate and install 20ft kitchen cabinet.

using post foam work top

using solid timber door carcasses

using laminate finishing with ABS trimming

Free choice of selecting alloy designer handle

To supply and install 2 set of frosted glass panels of glass door

To supply and install 1 set of cutlery tray

$1488

To fabricate and install additional 5.5ft kitchen cabinet from above package.

$550

Cheap or expensive?