Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Which big peranakan floor tile design have you selected for your kitchen floor? Do you realize An Huat price is higher than Unlimited by $1? And both also from Vietnam

That hafary one which I sent u the pix :) Didn't realize there is price diff, I'm not using that tile though. The guy at An Huat told us this tile is manufactured for european market leh, duno how true.

Edited by bleucheeze

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

That hafary one which I sent u the pix :) Didn't realize there is price diff, I'm not using that tile though. The guy at An Huat told us this tile is manufactured for european market leh, duno how true.

My Mr E so fussy; Hafary didn't passed his test so we will settle for Unlimited for the floor tiles 20x20. Have to choose the plain non-slip ones also for the floor. The small 10x10, TB is much cheaper! May buy a few pieces via daigou to see quality and design/color coordination. And Mr E said if do full wall, very gaudy so we compromise - do checkered style with plain 10x10 for all walls. So not so tiring for the eyes but tiring for the tiler!

Saw this lovely chair on Oddyssey but can't buy yet!

8498250522_84a7ef6e27.jpg

Nice retro arm chair by Makanology, on Flickr

Also am inspired to buy old furniture and try our hand to restore them. Is it expensive to reholster such chairs? Or tailor made new cushions?

Nice chair! Super happy colors :)

From what I know, most cloth places do upholstery, so u can find a place that's cheaper to do the reholster work or make new cushions/covers for you.

Loving the peranakan tiles!

My Mr E so fussy; Hafary didn't passed his test so we will settle for Unlimited for the floor tiles 20x20. Have to choose the plain non-slip ones also for the floor. The small 10x10, TB is much cheaper! May buy a few pieces via daigou to see quality and design/color coordination. And Mr E said if do full wall, very gaudy so we compromise - do checkered style with plain 10x10 for all walls. So not so tiring for the eyes but tiring for the tiler!

He find the Hafary one colours to be too muted?

He find the Hafary one colours to be too muted?

Mr E shared that peranakan tiles are European-influenced and look similar to the ones at Hafary and the 20x20 ones at Unlimited/ An Huat. But there is 1 strong trait for the true blue peranakan tiles - their colors are brighter, bolder, and usually with yellow / blue / red in the designs. Flowers used in the designs include rose and tulips. There are animals used in peranakan tile design but not commonly found here. also the tiles are placed in such a way that it is a eclectic look yet not gaudy (ok, I am still trying to decipher what Mr E said on this :P

One last thing, he said also usually the 10x10 tiles are placed together with a rectangular tile that forms a border (maybe 10x30) if we want to achieve the most authentic look. so now we are trying to see if we can get these longish tiles and fit into the overall bathroom walls with the 10x10 without veering off to the world of gaudiness.

One house renovation exercise and we are learning so much new stuff!

Mr E shared that peranakan tiles are European-influenced and look similar to the ones at Hafary and the 20x20 ones at Unlimited/ An Huat. But there is 1 strong trait for the true blue peranakan tiles - their colors are brighter, bolder, and usually with yellow / blue / red in the designs. Flowers used in the designs include rose and tulips. There are animals used in peranakan tile design but not commonly found here. also the tiles are placed in such a way that it is a eclectic look yet not gaudy (ok, I am still trying to decipher what Mr E said on this :P

One last thing, he said also usually the 10x10 tiles are placed together with a rectangular tile that forms a border (maybe 10x30) if we want to achieve the most authentic look. so now we are trying to see if we can get these longish tiles and fit into the overall bathroom walls with the 10x10 without veering off to the world of gaudiness.

One house renovation exercise and we are learning so much new stuff!

OMG all the motifs and colours and stuff! Sounds tough to find! Your MR E is really a true blue baba yeah? Is he good in cooking? :dribble:

Edited by bleucheeze

Yes it is all quite confusing but at the end of the day, do what you & your family really like cos all of you are the ones staying in the house for long.

Hmmm cooking Mr E sure can cook better than me. Even his fried egg is better than mine. I haven't tried his baba dishes but I think he is better in western dishes. Oh his Bubur chacha not bad :D

Yes it is all quite confusing but at the end of the day, do what you & your family really like cos all of you are the ones staying in the house for long.

Hmmm cooking Mr E sure can cook better than me. Even his fried egg is better than mine. I haven't tried his baba dishes but I think he is better in western dishes. Oh his Bubur chacha not bad :D

Peranakan food is so yummylicious! Nom nom nom... You are so fortunate! :sport-smiley-004:

Ya bought 2 only cos I have to ask my KL colleague to drive out to Ikea over the weekend. And then trouble my immediate boss to hand-carry them back. He rolled his eyes when I asked him for the favor haha

Think we can spray the lamp shade. The accordion arm is made of chrome so doubt it can be painted at all.

Ya bought 2 only cos I have to ask my KL colleague to drive out to Ikea over the weekend. And then trouble my immediate boss to hand-carry them back. He rolled his eyes when I asked him for the favor haha

Think we can spray the lamp shade. The accordion arm is made of chrome so doubt it can be painted at all.

Depending on what you wanna match them with/ the wall colour, you can colour them in vibrant colours! I bought a mint green vintage table lamp, very nice colour! Er, but i didn't take any photo; immediately stuffed it into a big box in office where I store some newly acquired barang barang for the home :P

Edited by bleucheeze

Yes it is like having an empty paper to start so we can paint them in any colors or prints :) now suddenly many ideas and just for 2 lamps heeheee

Depending on what you wanna match them with/ the wall colour, you can colour them in vibrant colours! I bought a mint green vintage table lamp, very nice colour! Er, but i didn't take any photo; immediately stuffed it into a big box in office where I store some newly acquired barang barang for the home :P

Curious about your mint green vintage table lamp! Show us the pic when you have taken it out.