Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Ya bought 2 only cos I have to ask my KL colleague to drive out to Ikea over the weekend. And then trouble my immediate boss to hand-carry them back. He rolled his eyes when I asked him for the favor haha

Think we can spray the lamp shade. The accordion arm is made of chrome so doubt it can be painted at all.

Don't bother spraying the accordion arm anyway. The paint will just scratch off over time anyway because of the pulling in and out.

Nice lamp! :)

@ HDB for our 1st appointment - what a wait and this is only halfway to our journey of getting our keys... Then later to meet the infamous Mr K (appointment made almost a month ago - he is so 王牌!)

hi, re-upholstering is not that difficult, but you will need to have a sewing machine or a stapler gun depending on what type of cushions (i.e. fixed or those removable type). Alternatively, your neighborhood alternation shop should be able to help as well.

For the wood, just sand it down to remove the existing stain/colour and paint whatever colour you want. Keep in mind the brush and paint you use is very important, you don't want to see streaks on the furniture.

We had another fruitful but tiring day. HDB first, then kaypoh & went into Cash Converters and scored a hit with the limited vodka. Then Courts Toa Payoh which is having a post-season + pre-renovation sale & impulse buy: bought a simple black storage long ottoman seat @ cheap cheap $99 (got further $40 off from UOB instant rewards). Don't know where to put so it will be placed near the shoe cabinet for us to sit & wear shoes.

Then we went to meet Mr K, finally, after making the appointment 25 days ago. He looks so different from what I earlier envisioned. But surprise, surprise the chemistry between him and us is not bad! So now hoping his quote will be within our budget & before he leaves for his 2 weeks holiday next week!

Then we head to Courts Tampines and saw this:

8512397821_d3ce4ef366.jpg

Heavenly fridges *salivating* by Makanology, on Flickr

Oh our gosh! These are so gorgeous. Mr E & I couldn't peel our eyes off them and errr, their price tags also very gorgeous! And right after these Bosch darlings, we saw more...

We saw summersann's fridge next:

8512398927_f5cc4c2c65.jpg

Wow, wow, wow! They have a matching dishwasher and bar fridge too... It is so hard to resist. Luckily or unluckily, their price is a good obstacle for another impulse buy!

Now thinking if we should get the smallest one - the bar fridge at $1780. Trying to brainwash myself - it is a want, not a need. We don't need 2 fridges for 2 persons & 1 furry being. Let's see how long we can resist this LOL

Wow, wow, wow! They have a matching dishwasher and bar fridge too... It is so hard to resist. Luckily or unluckily, their price is a good obstacle for another impulse buy!

Now thinking if we should get the smallest one - the bar fridge at $1780. Trying to brainwash myself - it is a want, not a need. We don't need 2 fridges for 2 persons & 1 furry being. Let's see how long we can resist this LOL

lol!!!

the price is **** steep leh.

but suits your theme rite.. the retro/vintage look.

actually a lot of things are WANTS lo, what defines a need? lol. minimal requirement leh.

8512398927_f5cc4c2c65.jpg

don't get from courts. get from those smaller electrical shops @ HDB. their prices are at least 20%-30% lower.

Edited by retchlow

U haven't gotten ur large fridge rite, hv u? Then jus get a big one of these super chio rectro fridges (& the matching dishwasher too.. poison poison! heehee) :yeah: if ordered liao, see can chg bo.. sure they welcome this chg since this much more expensive i bet!! LOL! :P

lol!!!

the price is **** steep leh.

but suits your theme rite.. the retro/vintage look.

actually a lot of things are WANTS lo, what defines a need? lol. minimal requirement leh.

I know but the fridge will complete the look. Still at the $3xxx for the large SMEG fridge, we can buy a fridge and a 40ish inch TV. So we will stash this at 1 corner of our brains first hehe

U haven't gotten ur large fridge rite, hv u? Then jus get a big one of these super chio rectro fridges (& the matching dishwasher too.. poison poison! heehee) :yeah: if ordered liao, see can chg bo.. sure they welcome this chg since this much more expensive i bet!! LOL! :P

Haha haven't bought any electrical appliances. Was almost tempted to buy as Courts willing to hold the stock till June but another salesperson said electronics will get cheaper as time passes. So we WILL wait & resist THE retro fridge + retro dishwasher!

Edited by Makanology

Haha haven't bought any electrical appliances. Was almost tempted to buy as Courts willing to hold the stock till June but another salesperson said electronics will get cheaper as time passes. So we WILL wait & resist THE retro fridge + retro dishwasher!

If you have an ID, bring him/her to the main distributor at APS building and get him to transfer the 15% discount for designers to you! SMEG prices stay quite fixed, so I doubt there'll be huge discounts otherwise. We only managed to find smeg at courts, tangs and the main distributor.