Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
normanho23

Important Lessons Learnt During My 3 Weeks Super Rushed Reno...

Was chatting with a friend yesterday. He's an ID n he recommends clipsal, which has now been bought over by Schneider electric. So the latter is fine. He mentioned mk is not as good.(problems with the mechanics) which I didn't ask for details since I've already chosen Schneider.

my electrician let me choose 3 different brands, MK, Clipsal and legrand. i tried pressing each of them and decided on my current one as this is the one that makes the least noise (not loud click, but a soft click) and easy to press.

changing the faceplate is quite easy, i think.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Either mk or schneider :)

Ladies, hopefully both your con will be our con too. He has yet to send us the quote despite us reminding him last Friday and yesterday :( It has been 19 days :( if either of you see him today, can help remind him to email to Edward? Haiz....

Bluecheeze and Makanology,

Are you all referring to Nicholas?

Oops sorry we are referring to Alan.

On the side, how do you find the overall service and workmanship of Nicholas' team? We are considering to ask him for a quote as we may have a tight timeline now, maybe 5 weeks for our 3 roomer. And furthermore, the feedback we heard from the other forumers is that his quote is quite competitive...

Oops sorry we are referring to Alan.

On the side, how do you find the overall service and workmanship of Nicholas' team? We are considering to ask him for a quote as we may have a tight timeline now, maybe 5 weeks for our 3 roomer. And furthermore, the feedback we heard from the other forumers is that his quote is quite competitive...

If you want my frank opinion, then I will say that you made a right choice. Dun ask me for the details... haha

Ladies, hopefully both your con will be our con too. He has yet to send us the quote despite us reminding him last Friday and yesterday :( It has been 19 days :( if either of you see him today, can help remind him to email to Edward? Haiz....

Did he say how long he will take to send you the quotation? 19 days incl CNY right? Perhaps you can sms him, ask him roughly when can he send u the quotation :)

Alamak..i just saw him 30minutes ago! If i've seen this earlier, I would have reminded him!

Did he say how long he will take to send you the quotation? 19 days incl CNY right? Perhaps you can sms him, ask him roughly when can he send u the quotation :)

Last week, he said he forgot. And he said will email by tues (yesterday). Last night we text him to remind him and he replied ok only. Just now we text again and he finally said that he will send over tomorrow. Keeping fingers crossed

If you want my frank opinion, then I will say that you made a right choice. Dun ask me for the details... haha

Har, made the right choice? Jia lat, I don't even know what choice we have made here?

Har, made the right choice? Jia lat, I don't even know what choice we have made here?

This is your questions:

"On the side, how do you find the overall service and workmanship of Nicholas' team? We are considering to ask him for a quote as we may have a tight timeline now, maybe 5 weeks for our 3 roomer. And furthermore, the feedback we heard from the other forumers is that his quote is quite competitive..."

Alan said I made the right choice LOL

Ladies and gents..go down to choo chiang on a non bz day maybe weekday after lunchtime and slowly ask for individual switches/sockets brands pricing quotes.They will need to key in SKU/Brands and one by one check the price

Comparing Mk vs Legrand theres a difference of $0.50-$1.50 per switches and sockets.Sockets=power point outlet switches=light switch - thats how the uncle define them.haha

there are different range for the brands that has been mention

Mk,Legrand,Schneider --- Entry,Mid,High End.Different levels cost differ.Best choo chiang outlet you guys can recce is the wooodland main hq branch..most of the branches have display switches and sockets on a wooden board to have a feel2 touch2 but not in stock most of the time.

Edited by Freakerz