Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tomatolander

Comments About Allbest Aircon Co.

Hi all,

I saw that some forumers actually praised ALLB*ST for their good service and good installation skills. However, I would like to post my unhapiness with them.. I bought my aircon from them around 1month back. During then, the sales guy assured me of their SUPER GOOD installation skills. He even said that their shop received awards before for installation, don't know what kind of award though..He immediately gave me an installation date on the spot which was less than 5days from the day I bought. However, due to some issues, I have to resched the installation date. The next time I called them to book a date, the earliest date they gave me was around 14days later!!! No matter how we beg them, they claimed that too many ppl are buying aircons now.. Gosh, my whole renovation got to stop cos my contractor said cannot do flooring before the aircon.. No choice then.. We paid deposit liao, what to do... Never mind.. What happened next makes me more upset!

On the day of running the trunking, the installation guy claimed that they can only run the trunking beneath ALL beams as HDB do not allow them to drill holes through the beams. So, we accepted what he claimed. He went ahead to run all the trunking (below the beams).. I only went up to my new flat to see recently as we were both busy working. What I saw was so shocking!! The trunkings were so badly runned!! Can see them almost everywhere sigh. What's worse was one of the trunking was even crrooked!!! It's so obvious cos it was not in-line with my wall, one of the end actually pop out.. sigh... Too bad, we already paid them half the amount, now waiting for my aircon, we need to pay another half...

What I need to know now is can we ask them to re-run the trunkings? Am now desperate till I thought of just paying them the full amount and then from there, get another installer to come run the trunking again. Probably got to waste another few hundreds, but better than to get ugly trunkings around my new flat... sigh.. Really regretted going to them in the first place as they are located near our house.. Thought they received award one, should be good! Disappointed loh~ :bangwall:

P/s: This posting is meant as a guide for those who are considering to buy air con, but not meant for ppl who takes it personally. Only wanted to post it to warn ppl out there... Just feel rather upset with this kind of service..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all,

I saw that some forumers actually praised ALLB*ST for their good service and good installation skills. However, I would like to post my unhapiness with them.. I bought my aircon from them around 1month back. During then, the sales guy assured me of their SUPER GOOD installation skills. He even said that their shop received awards before for installation, don't know what kind of award though..He immediately gave me an installation date on the spot which was less than 5days from the day I bought. However, due to some issues, I have to resched the installation date. The next time I called them to book a date, the earliest date they gave me was around 14days later!!! No matter how we beg them, they claimed that too many ppl are buying aircons now.. Gosh, my whole renovation got to stop cos my contractor said cannot do flooring before the aircon.. No choice then.. We paid deposit liao, what to do... Never mind.. What happened next makes me more upset!

On the day of running the trunking, the installation guy claimed that they can only run the trunking beneath ALL beams as HDB do not allow them to drill holes through the beams. So, we accepted what he claimed. He went ahead to run all the trunking (below the beams).. I only went up to my new flat to see recently as we were both busy working. What I saw was so shocking!! The trunkings were so badly runned!! Can see them almost everywhere sigh. What's worse was one of the trunking was even crrooked!!! It's so obvious cos it was not in-line with my wall, one of the end actually pop out.. sigh... Too bad, we already paid them half the amount, now waiting for my aircon, we need to pay another half...

What I need to know now is can we ask them to re-run the trunkings? Am now desperate till I thought of just paying them the full amount and then from there, get another installer to come run the trunking again. Probably got to waste another few hundreds, but better than to get ugly trunkings around my new flat... sigh.. Really regretted going to them in the first place as they are located near our house.. Thought they received award one, should be good! Disappointed loh~ :bangwall:

P/s: This posting is meant as a guide for those who are considering to buy air con, but not meant for ppl who takes it personally. Only wanted to post it to warn ppl out there... Just feel rather upset with this kind of service..

Although i did not get them to fix up my a/c. I think you are very unlucky to engage them to install the a/c. But it could be some of those black sheep workers..Drilling through beams is not allowed as it may affect the structure of the bldg.

Re-run is possible and comes with a price..i don't think it will be FOC. Some of the insulations, copper pipings & etc maybe damaged during removing..and thus a delay in your renovation as well.

But if you intend to go ahead, i would advice you to be there with the installers and work together with them on the trunking layout to get what you really like.

This goes the same for all your renovations as some workers will just anyhow mount and give you shabby job.

Ya just my luck I guess. Can't blame anyone except ourselves to engage them. Cos we just saw good comments about them then. Now after more surfing, realised actually quite a number of complaints against AllB*ST...too late.. 8|

Although i did not get them to fix up my a/c. I think you are very unlucky to engage them to install the a/c. But it could be some of those black sheep workers..Drilling through beams is not allowed as it may affect the structure of the bldg.

Re-run is possible and comes with a price..i don't think it will be FOC. Some of the insulations, copper pipings & etc maybe damaged during removing..and thus a delay in your renovation as well.

But if you intend to go ahead, i would advice you to be there with the installers and work together with them on the trunking layout to get what you really like.

This goes the same for all your renovations as some workers will just anyhow mount and give you shabby job.

Ya just my luck I guess. Can't blame anyone except ourselves to engage them. Cos we just saw good comments about them then. Now after more surfing, realised actually quite a number of complaints against AllB*ST...too late.. 8|

but were u @ hm when they ran the trunking? coz i've oso engaged AB & they did a satisfactory work for us, of coz i were on site... we took abt 30mins to discuss on hw e trunking to be run.... & job were done within 3hrs...

I encounter BAD service from them. We asked for a Class 0 totaline material, BUT on the day of the installation, the workers bought along Class 1 material, which is the cheaper ones. Called the Salesman who wrote on the invoice as CLASS O and he try to give all sort of excuses, in the end, after I treaten to take them to CASE, he agreed to give me the CLASS 0 totaline as per invoice.

GUESS WHAT... As the worker did not bring along the right material (CLASS 0), we were advised to make another appointment date to install the piping. THAT means 2 weeks for the 1st time, and now another 2 weeks of wait because of HIS MISTAKE that the wrong material was bought..TOTAL of 4 weeks to do up the PIPING.... give me the reason that all the schedule are packed...

GUYS, you might want to be there during the installation date to make sure that they don’t cheat on you on the material...be it on purpose or not...which unfortunately happens to me...

HAI, this kind of customer service really cannot make it... :(

I think the delay in instalation date comes down to the hot weather these few weeks (But these few days raining), and everyone want to install their aircons... Funny as it may sound, but its the aircon business season. Best for those who wanna buy is to ask when is the earliest date to install, and then set a date in advance.

Once u wait till ur ID tell u that they can come n install, u shld be looking at 1 and half weeks queue. So these things have to be pre-empt. In a way, they are also no miracle workers where u ask them come, they will be there in 3 days....

If u gg to have ur 1st installation soon, MAKE SURE u set the 2nd appt date on the spot so u wont have to wait too long.

For me, the installation work was gd and the worker was v frenly n advise was v helpful. For my hse, i have to run alot of casement due to the beams!!! But he told me there is another method but it will cost alot, cuz i have to lower the hieght of my doors and use some carpentry to hide the trunking... He say he wont advise cuz it cost alot of $ to do it, but some ppl dun want to see trunking. For me, i also dun like to see the trunking, but too bad, if u want aircon in our hdb design hor, somehow u will see the trunking run around the bedroom. Mine hse the room layouts and beam placement meant that i get to see alot of trunking, wat to do?

AllB*st service really really very bad. Especially after you paid deposit or half the payment. My hub called them up and ask them to re-run the trunking but the girl who answered the phone keep saying she don't know anything and said will ask the technician to call back. But wait wait wait wait & wait.. they never call back. Finally after few calls to them and must keep complaining the technician called back and keep saying that the trunking is best to be run that way lah.. blah.. crooked cos if not done like that, cannot flow lah.. blah... True enough, but inside the rubber pipes crooked can le mah, why should the external boxed up be crooked as well? If really so pro, simple thing like that should know in the beginning. Explain to them, they simply refused to admit their fault.

Nvm.. they finally agreed to come down our flat and take a second look. Guess what?? They failed to turn up!!! My hub waited there with my ID for few hours loh.. not even a call... People think that I'm bad-mouthing them but it's true that this is what happened to us.. Their service is truly lousy. I will not recommend them to any of my friends definitely. They may sell aircon slightly cheaper, but definitely not worth to save that slight difference and in return, you get such services. 8|

We also gave up on All Best! Forfeited our deposit and ended up wasting $ and using another shop! The uncle was nice in the beginning after we paid deposit, had a hard time contacting him and the shop ppl keep saying only he can handle... wat rubbish!

mine also all best. came early morning 8am++ to do trunking till 8pm, everything is ok. 2nd date to install aircon. Mine is old house, no aircon ledge, the compressor too heavy..they dented abit. Ask senior technician to come..dunno who lah..says no harm done at all.

Till now..it is ok..water flowing is very good...but i only use it once a week...the most 3 times a week. Mine sys 3...but i only use 1...

not sure if i should at time on ALL aircon to test out the compressor and the water pipping...

After reading so many negative reviews about AB, we had nearly wanted to giveup our $400 deposit wif them.

After much considerations and due to the fact that they r the only one who uses same brand of copper tubings and insulation as well as price factor, we decided to take a day off and "supervise" the installation instead.

The appt was 10.30 am and they were there at 10.15am. There were 2 young men, Ah Moh and the other who want to remain unknown. After about 45 mins of discussion on how we can best run the trunkings and positions of the blowers, with a round of final cfms, they started workings ard 11.30am. They had asked us to check on the models of the blowers and compressor, insulations and copper tubings b4 they started work. In the meantime, my other contractors came to do more work.

We went off for lunch ard 12.30 and asked them if we can get them lunch too. They had requested for any kind rice and a bottle of 100plus each. We finished lunch ard 1pm and went back wif packed lunch and 100 plus for them. They didn't break for lunch till about 2.30 when we nid to leave to run an errand (after 3 hours of observations, we felt safe enough to leave them to finish things up). They had told us that they would be able to wrap things up by 5pm. By 4.30, they called us to say dat ther r done and were testing the units. We returned ard 5pm and he went thru each room wif us, testing each unit individually(as per my request after reading about cooling problem in this forum). Finally they left at 5.45 pm, refusing my token of appreciation for cleaing up the place, which they didn't nid to, as the whole place is still a mess cos theres still work to be done b4 final cleaning tis weekend. Finally after much persuasion took a pack of muffins instead.

Overall, we are very satisfied wif their work, professional and efficient. The only thing dat we could really fault them was dat Ah Moh is a very heavy smoker who happily light up every other hour or so during work.

:yamseng:

newbie here

also order from them (Toshiba inverter system3 damage ( $2600 )

(using totaline class 1 ,1/2 inch insulation and 23SWG. 16mm draning pip)

will give comments about worksmanship after they done up in few weeks time

Edited by BlackGoD

I must say that is really a good price you gotten there.

$2600 place order on jun

1 or 2 month back before the price was cheaper by $100 or $200 lesser which i didn't order at that time :o

not sure the price on july drop or price up

Edited by BlackGoD