Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ptww85

Voila Design Pte Ltd

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yeayy....Great to hear that~! As long as you're happy...the outcome of the reno will be smooth and beautiful! Anyway, quality workmanship doesn't come too cheap either...:D It's worth to pay a little bit more to put our worries away..hope to see ya new home photos soon~!

Hi Hanafi.

Thanks for your advise.

I ultimately confirmed my reno wif Voila.

initially Voila's quotation was $2k more than the other contractor, but my ID Peter went through the list of works with me in details and upon comparison, we found out the other contractor has left out many items which Peter highlighted to me are necessary reno costings which are hidden.

Examples my ID quoted are:

- missing haulage and debris clearance $500

- short of tall kitchen cabinet ( for built in oven cabinet unit) $ 700

- paper protection for flooring $200

- new stainless chute $200

- upgrade to iQuartz kitchen top from solid surface $800

So actually if I compare apple to apple & orange to orange, the other contractor is more expensive!! And he seems not confident in completion with 8 weeks!

Now, I am waiting for my ID to show me my 3D drawings, hope it will be beautiful and as what i always imagine my dream home to be... :rolleyes:

Hi lordvader,

Whose the contractor from SL design u dealing with? Can share...if u have tight timeline...I would suggest that you should go for Voila as they should be able to manage your reno works more efficiently to meet your given timeline. Anyway, most standard reno work usually takes ard 6-8weeks... :)

Edited by HanafiHansray

Hi BearZ Alvin.

They completed on time?

Cos my home reno works is on very tight schedule. Need the works to be completed in 8 weeks if can't complete in time, I will have no place to stay as my current house buyer will have to take over in 8 weeks.

I am undecided to sign my reno package with either Voila or SL design.

Voila is $2k more expensive... but explanation and quotation more detailed. My id firmly says my reno will take 6-7 weeks.

SL is cheaper by $2k.... but the uncle is totally ' contractor' style, just quote what i ask for and without any input of design ideas.

Moreover, i am worried about time, cos when I ask the uncle if he can complete in 8 weeks, he just hemm.... never give straight answer. ( Scary leh....)

By the way, BearZ, which Voila's ID did your reno works?

I had my renovation works done for my house recently. Have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome.

>> The schedule was on time (despite a reduced time line) and was completed on the dot.

>> Good workmanship

>> Pricing is reasonable. No doubt there will always be something cheaper; not worth saving the dime for quality and time.

>> Most commendable would be their commitment to quality. If they don't get it right the first time, they will get it right.

The boss makes his round after completion too... to ensure the fit and quality is there. There is good after sales service which is uncommon; but works for me.

If I get to do this all over again, or for my next house, I would choose back Voila - in a heartbeat.

Alvin Chong

wah... can teach me how to negotiate leh? :notti:

the id i met kept saying quoted me very low already.

but it's not so lorrrr... when i compared with another id.

then again, i find their quotation pretty detailed...i feel more comfortable this way.

thanks gretel...I heard also that their boss was previously from United team...Voila quote is reasonable although got some high markup for some items....but more interested to see the actual workmanship before finalising the decision and neg on the final quote..:D

just to share for those who are considering voila. they are using the same workers as united team that's jus couple of shops away. the folks at voila were previously from united team and branch out on their own.

so if it's the workmanship that you're considering voila, you might wanna get another quotation from united team :) HTHs :)

I think should be alright but might feel awkward though...:)...after much discussion. I guess what most matters is that you must be very comfortable working with that ID. You are the one spending that $$$... Are you also getting Voila services?