Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cclim11

Usa Kitchen Faucet Thread Size Not Correctly?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

just goto dedicated plumbing hardware shop... they would the solution there.

Did tt for my US faucets.

Edited by TITW

been trying to buy but still unable to find g3/8 male (screw to faucet) to g1/2 female (screw to wall tap).

went to many hardware shops but nope selling such reducer, any kind soul able to point me to the correct shop?

Hello all,

I recently purchased a hansgrohe tap from amazon and had the same problem as some of you i.e. the piping from my wall is 1/2" while the tap came with the standard U.S. size of 3/8".
After much searching, I found the required part which is a reducer that is 1/2" female going to a 3/8" male (U.S. spec).
You can get this part from Teck Siong Huat Hardware located at Blk 28, Kelantan Road, #01-137, Singapore 200028, TEL 6848 4848
The chap there is quite friendly and knows exactly what is required.

Hope this helps!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello all,

I recently purchased a hansgrohe tap from amazon and had the same problem as some of you i.e. the piping from my wall is 1/2" while the tap came with the standard U.S. size of 3/8".

After much searching, I found the required part which is a reducer that is 1/2" female going to a 3/8" male (U.S. spec).

You can get this part from Teck Siong Huat Hardware located at Blk 28, Kelantan Road, #01-137, Singapore 200028, TEL 6848 4848

Hope this helps!

Thanks, this is very helpful.

I am facing the same issue with 3/8NPT for my hansgrohe faucet too, went around to find 3/8 to 1/2 and finally found it but the 3/8 wouldn't fit into the hose and realized it is not G3/8 but 3/8 NPT.

Will make a trip down soon to buy the reducer. Cheer!

A very big thanks to talk2nfs bro,

I went to many places to find the US 3/8 to G1/2 but wasn't able to find any till my last resort was to visit the shop you recommended.

Ended my search. A happy man waiting waiting for everything to be install and enjoy using it.

Hi, I am considering of buying faucet from amazon US too. May I ask, after fixing the adapter, how is the water pressure? Is the water pressure affected?

Going by fluid mechanics, the adapter/reducer contributes very little to pressure loss. It is the elbows that cause significant pressure loss. I don't think my kitchen faucet is very much affected with adapter installed.

• Like 1

Hello all,

Hope this helps!

Thanks to talk2nfs! finally got the adapter at Teck Siong Huat! haven't had the chance to try yet coz i ended buying a new set locally due to time constraint. (so now ended up with an extra and identical faucet!) But i believe it should work since i already got the 3/8" male side on my tap fitted to the adapter. cheers!

• Like 1

I've got a Grohe G3/8 female connector, but when i connect it to my water outlet, the Grohe connector is slightly larger.

I don't think I should be getting a 1/2 female to 3/8 male.... any had this issue? please advise...

Unable to remove my existing tap, but the tap copper tubing has O.D 10mm...

Sorry for resurrecting the thread. I have recently purchased a Grohe K7 Semi pro Medium kitchen tap from Germany(ebay), and a Hansgrohe PuraVida tap from USA(Amazon).

I understand that I will need a converter for the PuraVida(USA), however how about the Grohe K7(Germany)?

I noted the thread for Grohe K7(Germany) is slight bigger than the PuraVida(USA).

My concern is whether the Grohe from Germany fits naturally to the Singapore/Malaysia 1/2' inch.

Although I will be going down to Singapore to purchase the converter for puravida, I cant bring along the Grohe K7 as it is huge. Anyone has experience of buying Grohe tap from Europe mind to provide some information? Thanks!