Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shorty

Comparing Reno Packages & Quotes

Hi all friends,

can I know, if I were to renovate my coming flat ( resale ), I know I can go "shopping" for many Renovation company quotations to compare. Can I pass all the quotation for every companies that I visit to view and offer? Is this method very rude? I always think the first quote will not always be the cheapest.

I mean by using all similar materials, work, design etc...... more quotations at least I have more choice. And I know ID and contractors do not like people like me but with a small budget, I will do it this way.

Kindly advise because this is the first time I am renovating my house.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

ofcos the id will not like it that way but you got all the right to do it your way, as long as you are happy with it. but do take note that if you do it that way all the company will lower the price and do up a list of hidden cost to wait for you after you start renovation. thats why not suggested to do that. go with your feel as you already see alot of quotation remembered the price and ask them why some of the things are more ex in the end you have to find a id that click s with you instead of the lowest price, which will help alot when stary work.

i agree with Jeffwei.

There's a saying, "there are many ways to skin a lamb", by doing so, your ID will not feel comfortable himself knowing that you may just bring his quote to his competitor.

Just have an idea of what you want (material, design, extent, etc). Discuss with your ID and let them propose some ideas to you. You will be surprise and delighted to hear from different perspective how your unit can be done. Enjoy!

As long as you dont take the quotations that you got from other companies to the next, should be quite normal lah. I did the same afterall hahahahaha. Just that I got lazy after awhile and just take up the quotation from the most friendly ID. :P Hubby doesn't know this yet, LOL.

Always the quot fr different company to compair. some ID are frendly at the begining but turn out to be very annoying in the end. All depends on your luck. Good company,bad ID. My sister got Homesuccess to do the reno for my 4rm resale hdb in hougang. Came out to be a pcs of ****. Kitchen cabinet is not the one we saw in the 3D drawing.(ID: Edmund Fong/ Joe) Owner's brother got to do the touch up work by himself.

Will never trust this company and ID anymore. Full of excuses and late hand over. 2mth already yet havn't hand over. (too many touch up work)

Good luck to those who have chooses them to turn your home sweet home to home **** home.