Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
joea

Advice Needed On Rebuilding House

Hi All,

I plan to buildup (tear down and rebuild) my house at the end of this year when the rental ends.

Questions:

1. How long does it take to get BCA approval?

2. When will be the right time to engage contractor or builder?

If you have any good contractors/architects that you would like to recommend, please send me a message.

Appreciate any sharings/advice that you have. Thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

Read my post. Approval takes in total abt 3 months. There are bca, ura and more depending on what you are doing, a&a or rebuild, widen gate, move main sewage connect point...etc

Focus on architect and engineer. Get a good one, this is more important because they can take yr job including project mgmt, but keep them independent parties.

it's also very important to visit your prospective architect/builder's :

1) existing projects (half completed) to see

a) if workers are happy (talk to the ah nehs or ah tiongs or supervisors. Happy workers = better quality job done for you

b) see how they do certain things like floor, windows, piping, electricals before they are all plastered up. Which means you can have an idea of what your quotation will be about.

c) best if you can see multiple projects to have an idea of example, homogenous vs marble vs granite floor, parquet (small strips vs large strips), how they locate their DB box, designs

2) existing projects (almost completed) to see the finishing. Pray that you'll bump into the owner too and listen to his mistakes, good and bad lobangs

3) old projects (already completed, staying there for 6months - 1yr). see how bad is the wear and tear and extent of their defects

for example, we just went to our neighbor's unit, completed before Xmas '12 at 1M and woohoo, major water seepage into their bedroom windows which means bye bye to parquet floor and wardrobe

So far, i'm happy with my team coz we have become friends and they are useful to diagnose problems for condo defects, renovation suggestions, funny ideas to buy old conservation units and redo with realistic ballpark $$ immediately before we make purchasing decisions