Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
brentash

Acorn Ceiling Fan Enquiry

Has anyone bought acorn ceiling fan or is already using one nw. I am interested in this brand, would like to know more about it. So far I only know it is made in taiwan

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi

my friend recently bought this fan along upper serangoon for our living room and so far its quite okay compare to our last fan, just want to share :))

hi

my friend recently bought this fan along upper serangoon for our living room and so far its quite okay compare to our last fan, just want to share :))

heard that Acorn is quite new and not proven in the market yet. Heard from one shop that it is the lower end brand of Crestar. But I have to say their design is quite interesting.

How long have you been using the fan?

Hi all,

we just installed an Acorn ceiling fan. So far so good.

You see the ceiling fan photos here.

The seller was explaining to me that in Taiwan, there are only a few ceiling fan factories.

but there are many OEM marketing companies. meaning that they brand and design their fans and get these few factories to make it on their behalf.

essentially, the quality would be the same as the big Taiwan brands. No verification on that though... ...

While shopping, we did a ceiling fan comparison chart, feel free to check for your reference.

Edited by funnymatthew

Acornceilingfan_zps1d6a342a.jpg

This is the design of my Acorn ceiling fan. I had it with a lighting fixture. Bought it due to its interesting neck. Been using it since December 12, still working well with the remote.

Edited by punggolianaj

My sister has 3 in her house. 2 of them developed problems after less than 3 years of usage. 1 is noisy and the other has speed problems and these are not used often as they often used their aircon. Looks like they may have reliabilty issues. There is a small circuit board wrapped in shrink tubing and a big black capacitor housed in it. I haven't cut open the wrapping from the circuit board but it looks like it is serviceable if you have some knowledge of electronics stuff. But i think servicing a KDK fan is easier and more straightforward. 

Edited by aiwentimotai

I'm looking for a ceiling fan with natural air. Not sure anyone has used acorn? 

Also,  have they solved the reliability issues?